José Francisco Cevallos, Jr. (2 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Does that mean in January, or?
Well, the Sudamericana ends at the beginning of next month, so he should be in Italy sometime in the first week of February.

I just found interesting that whoever wrote the article felt the need to say he'll be part of the first team and that "under no circumstance will be loaned to a third club. Meh, maybe it's just what's written in the contract. But it can only mean this kid have to be good, really good.

Honestly, i've never seen him play but funnily enough i have a vague memory of watching his dad play for the Ecuadorian team in the early 90's. :klin:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well, the Sudamericana ends at the beginning of next month, so he should be in Italy sometime in the first week of February.

I just found interesting that whoever wrote the article felt the need to say he'll be part of the first team and that "under no circumstance will be loaned to a third club. Meh, maybe it's just what's written in the contract. But it can only mean this kid have to be good, really good.

Honestly, i've never seen him play but funnily enough i have a vague memory of watching his dad play for the Ecuadorian team in the early 90's. :klin:
Could he still score goals?

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
check the bio, first post :D

anyways from what i've seen of this kid, looks meh i can't really see the potential to make him a top player one day, even the youtube vids didn't exactly blow me away
I thought he asked about this guy's dad? :boh:

Come on, Those videos were filmed with toasters and potato cams :D I doubt Juve scouts would waste 6 months on a player if they thought he wasn't worth it. But who knows, let's him in action.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

anyways from what i've seen of this kid, looks meh i can't really see the potential to make him a top player one day, even the youtube vids didn't exactly blow me away
I meant the kids dad. :D

We need a ST that can score.

- - - Updated - - -

Even better. Could he score more than our current crop?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Why did you keep talking about him learning from Pirlo?

I won't admit to having seen this guy play, but the title has a different position...
I was being sarcastic mate, however from the game I watched last night he was sitting just infront of the defense.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012

Excuse me? Looks meh? Pepe Pancho will be one of Juventus greatest!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you remember him from the 2002 World Cup. His nickname was "the hands of Ecuador" for helping us reach our first World Cup. He was also the GK when LDU won Copa Libertadores in 2008.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I thought he asked about this guy's dad? :boh:

Come on, Those videos were filmed with toasters and potato cams :D I doubt Juve scouts would waste 6 months on a player if they thought he wasn't worth it. But who knows, let's him in action.
yeah the bio talks about how he is the son of a former goalkeeper

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me? Looks meh? Pepe Pancho will be one of Juventus greatest!
If you say so, but as i said he's not exactly blown me away, nothing extraordinary i doubt very much he will be one of the greatest at our club, may become decent for a south american team.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Maybe you remember him from the 2002 World Cup. His nickname was "the hands of Ecuador" for helping us reach our first World Cup. He was also the GK when LDU won Copa Libertadores in 2008.
Hmm...i don't know i have the impression i know him from a Copa America in the 90's, maybe 95 or 97. But now that you've mentioned, yeah, the 2008 Libertadores i remember that.

yeah the bio talks about how he is the son of a former goalkeeper
Oh i apologize then, didn't read the bio.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
- - - Updated - - -

If you say so, but as i said he's not exactly blown me away, nothing extraordinary i doubt very much he will be one of the greatest at our club, may become decent for a south american team.
To be honest, I am actually surprised that Juve signed him. Not even in Ecuador he is well know besides the fact he is the son of Cevallos. I do know he went through the youth ranks in LDU pretty fast and found a place in the first team. He started to get some attention this year with some good displays in the national tournament.

I have never seem him play but I am more concerned about his attitude than in his technical abilities. We, Latinos, are not precisely the most disciplined people in the world and sometimes players come from humble origins With a big move to Europe it's easy to get lost in the fame and the money. I don't know if you remember Jaime Ivan Kaviedes that played for Perugia. The guy had incredible talent but got lost in drugs, sports cars and women. This could happen with Panchito Cevallos but his dad was a real pro and I hope he did a good job in teaching those values to him.

Nevertheless, I am pretty excited with his signing because I am a huge fan of Juve and I am from Ecuador. Forza Pepe Pancho!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yet another CM/SS, hmm are we considering a 2-7-1 system for the future?

O well, Marotta will loan him with an option to buy anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)