Jorginho - DM - Chelsea (2 Viewers)

Should we get him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We have an excellent #6 in Locatelli, I don't remember him losing many balls in front of the defense.
He's not a 6. It limits him massively.

- - - Updated - - -

Sacrifice what? Stats? Idc about that. Loca has been our most consistent player all season playing the 'sacrifice' role. He is a better 6 than 8, especially in Allegri's system. He has never played this position outside of a few games at the Euros.

I want the ball as much as possible at his feet, not him wandering waiting for passes that never come like vs Villarreal. He is a beautiful passer, we need his balls to find Chiesa, Dušan and Zaniolo next season in space, not Jorginho slowing everything down
Dude, he doesn't. Not even close. Watch some games without prejudices... In contrary to the low standards we have for a regista nowadays, he actually controls, spreads and launches plays from there. I love Loca and he's comfortable on the ball but he doesn't do that.

Also; Allegri doesn't have a system and he'll certainly switch things up next season. Loca's ideal position is in a double pivot but we probably won't use that. The bext best thing for him is the least advanced CM position of the two.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He's not a 6. It limits him massively.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, he doesn't. Not even close. Watch some games without prejudices... In contrary to the low standards we have for a regista nowadays, he actually controls, spreads and launches plays from there. I love Loca and he's comfortable on the ball but he doesn't do that.

Also; Allegri doesn't have a system and he'll certainly switch things up next season. Loca's ideal position is in a double pivot but we probably won't use that. The bext best thing for him is the least advanced CM position of the two.
As a 6 now where he doesn't have anyone to play with in midfield it does limit him a bit, but still our best player there. And I guarantee a better player there than overrated Jorginho.

Allegri does have a system with certain roles that he requires. A DM that everything goes through is one of the most important ones. In other leagues a 6 is someone like Fabinho or Casemiro who deal with the ball very quickly and have defensive tasks mostly while more advanced midfielders organize play. In Italy that 6 position is 'sacred', everything goes through that person and both 8's bomb forward to give numbers in the box and 6 is much higher on the pitch when in possession than Casemiro for example.

We saw Locatelli in that 8 role against Villarreal, he was lost, space was crowded, he couldn't get a touch.

And I do not want a player as weak as Jorginho protecting the defense. He is terrible defensively, always out of position and painfully slow.

Zakaria-Loca-Pogba/Sanches/SMS >>>>>>>> Zakaria-Jorginho-Locatelli

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
As a 6 now where he doesn't have anyone to play with in midfield it does limit him a bit, but still our best player there. And I guarantee a better player there than overrated Jorginho.

Allegri does have a system with certain roles that he requires. A DM that everything goes through is one of the most important ones. In other leagues a 6 is someone like Fabinho or Casemiro who deal with the ball very quickly and have defensive tasks mostly while more advanced midfielders organize play. In Italy that 6 position is 'sacred', everything goes through that person and both 8's bomb forward to give numbers in the box and 6 is much higher on the pitch when in possession than Casemiro for example.

We saw Locatelli in that 8 role against Villarreal, he was lost, space was crowded, he couldn't get a touch.

And I do not want a player as weak as Jorginho protecting the defense. He is terrible defensively, always out of position and painfully slow.

Zakaria-Loca-Pogba/Sanches/SMS >>>>>>>> Zakaria-Jorginho-Locatelli
Yes, he is our best player. Yes, I'd take him over Jorginho overall but Jorginho is easily a better regista.

And whether people like it or not, Allegri will always prefer that type of player in front of his defence when available.

Jorginho is also not terrible defensively, again just prejudices. He's terribly slow, yeah, but that's a different thing.

Pogba/SMS - Jorginho - Loca easily over both options. Our team is screaming for a passer that actually controls games.

I wouldn't take Jorginho if we were gunning for the CL. But we're years away from that, I'm afraid.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pogba/SMS - Jorginho - Loca easily over both options. Our team is screaming for a passer that actually controls games.
Both signings are not happening IMO, and we already have that in Locatelli. Fantastic passer, smart, good defensively, decent speed. Has everything to be that player. He just needs better partners because whoever to he passes now it is either coming back or being lost

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Both signings are not happening IMO, and we already have that in Locatelli. Fantastic passer, smart, good defensively, decent speed. Has everything to be that player. He just needs better partners because whoever to he passes now it is either coming back or being lost
No he doesn't and it's very clear he's not that type of player. He's not a fantastic passer unless you compare him the other frauds around him. It's just decent.

Look, he could play CDM but that would mean a completely different setup and I don't think Allegri is doing that... Neither do I think we have the funds to make that line-up strong enough.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No he doesn't and it's very clear he's not that type of player. He's not a fantastic passer unless you compare him the other frauds around him. It's just decent.

Look, he could play CDM but that would mean a completely different setup and I don't think Allegri is doing that... Neither do I think we have the funds to make that line-up strong enough.
He has been that kind of player his whole career at Sassuolo, albeit in a double pivot.

It has been reported by Agresti and others that it is either going to be Loca at #6 and a Pogba-like signing or Jorginho and Locatelli pushed up. It is quite clear Allegri sees him in both roles and his role will be determined by what kind of other midfield signing we can make.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He has been that kind of player his whole career at Sassuolo, albeit in a double pivot.

It has been reported by Agresti and others that it is either going to be Loca at #6 and a Pogba-like signing or Jorginho and Locatelli pushed up. It is quite clear Allegri sees him in both roles and his role will be determined by what kind of other midfield signing we can make.
Exactly, which is perfect for him. Playing as a CDM or a regista is a completely different thing.

It's not clear at all Allegri sees him in both roles. He simply has no quality alternatives at CDM nor CM before Zakaria came in. But Agresti and co. know shit from Arrivabene and co. They couldn't even anticipate a monster transfer like Vlahovic coming in.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Do people really want this guy here?

Another overrated one dimensional muppet.

I do not want to see another year of our midfield being overrun by Serie A farmers and UCL minnows.

Carried by Kante at Chelsea. And we don’t have any Kante's over here.

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Do people really want this guy here?

Another overrated one dimensional muppet.

I do not want to see another year of our midfield being overrun by Serie A farmers and UCL minnows.

Carried by Kante at Chelsea. And we don’t have any Kante's over here.
Wow, a 7 second clip! Luckily this clip wasn't made last year or he would have been 3rd from the end in the golden ball election.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Wow, a 7 second clip! Luckily this clip wasn't made last year or he would have been 3rd from the end in the golden ball election.
Anyone who thinks he deserved to be on the Ballon D'or podium are straight up delusional.

Not the best mid for Italy. Not the best mid for Chelsea. Just a very good complimentary player who rode the coattails of his superior midfield partners.

Sick and tired of being linked to unathletic 30+ year old midfielders.

I would much much rather Locatelli at DM and get a strong, athletic box to box CM.

Fuck this guy seriously.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Anyone who thinks he deserved to be on the Ballon D'or podium are straight up delusional.

Not the best mid for Italy. Not the best mid for Chelsea. Just a very good complimentary player who rode the coattails of his superior midfield partners.

I would much much rather Locatelli at DM and get a strong, athletic box to box CM.

Fuck this guy seriously.
Who was the best mid for Italy then?

Imo it was Jorginho. It certainly wasn't Barella and neither was it Verratti.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Who was the best mid for Italy then?

Imo it was Jorginho. It certainly wasn't Barella and neither was it Verratti.
Verratti is the best overall mid for Italy. Kante is the best overall mid for Chelsea.

But this debate doesn't matter much as this guy needs a midfield built around him with high energy defensive mids.

It's like having a Dybala situation in midfield. I think we're past that stage.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Verratti is the best overall mid for Italy. Kante is the best overall mid for Chelsea.

But this debate doesn't matter much as this guy needs a midfield built around him with high energy defensive mids.

It's like having a Dybala situation in midfield. I think we're past that stage.
Was talking about the euros, and no Verratti was not better than Jorginho at the euros.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

Fuck this guy seriously.
I don't but anyone who thinks we can't seriously use someone who was on that podium only last year is certainly delusional.

He's cheap and we need both; a regista and an athletic B2B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)