Jorge Martínez (6 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Because it's a done deal.
Ok, welcome Martinez.

9 goals from a midfielder is good.

We still need to sign Krasic though, we need a top quality winger. We could do so much better than Pepe and Martinez on the wings after this horrific season.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
One thing is for sure, people don't know he's a good player.

Many think he's average at best only because he plays for Catania.
I have only ever seen him play against us so I can't pass judgment on the transfer.

Though if he is as good as you say why were we and Lazio the only clubs chasing his signature?

Mar 28, 2007
Except the last second surprises, it's done: Jorge Martinez (27), in Catania last season, will wear the jersey of Juventus from next season. The agreement between Juventus and Catania for the 'Malaka' was found in the afternoon and should be somewhere between 10 and 12 million euros.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I have only ever seen him play against us so I can't pass judgment on the transfer.

Though if he is as good as you say why were we and Lazio the only clubs chasing his signature?
Should that say that he's a bad player?

No. He had a great season and his price jumped drastically while he also destroyed some of the top clubs. It takes having a gut to give this transfer a go because he can easily shine and be one of the best players for us but he can still disappoint like any other player. I can name you like 10 players who were chased by one, or two clubs but they are top players.

Not that I'm saying we've gotten a world class player but I can see why we went after him. He fits both 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, which is what Del Neri prefers.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Should that say that he's a bad player? .
Not at all its just that im worried by the lack of interest from other clubs as if he was consistently a good player other teams would of took notice.

No. He had a great season and his price jumped drastically while he also destroyed some of the top clubs. .
I understand this but it does remind me of Amauri were he destroyed us and had a couple of good seasons and we end up over paying for him.

Not that I'm saying we've gotten a world class player but I can see why we went after him. He fits both 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, which is what Del Neri prefers.
Glad to hear hes versatile.

So can someone tell me more about him, is he quick, does he track back, can he strike the ball?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Apart from his goal against Inter i'd never heard of him either. I can't even remember him playing against us, i must of had a shitty stream that day :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)