Jorge Andrade (2 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
MILAN, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Juventus fear Portugal defender Jorge Andrade may never be able to play professional football again, the Serie A club said in a statement to the Italian stock exchange on Wednesday.

Andrade had surgery in the close season after seriously injuring his left knee for a second time.

The 30-year-old, who signed from Deportivo La Coruna in 2007, missed almost all of last season after having two operations on the same knee.

Juve have requested the termination of his contract pending a medical examination by the Italian league, the club said.

(Reporting by Mark Meadows, editing by Ken Ferris)

Source(text): Reuters
Source(images): ANSA

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
So after Andrade's contract is nullify, Juve will not have to pay any damages for his termination ??

... Have some mixed feeling on the entire episode.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Juventino[RUS];1753493 said:
nah, we didn't believe in god if u dont know whos atheist's is, but who do u believe in its only ur choose.....i believe in magical J U V E N T U S too......
atheists don`t believe in any gods, so u shouldn`t worship andrade or juventus if u are going to keep your status :)

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Juventino[RUS];1753514 said:
i didnt say that juve or jorge is my god, but if u wanna make parallel, yes - football is my religion , and juventus is my god :juvefan2: :jvefan: :bow: :ultra: :flag2:
There goes your atheism ...

Jul 15, 2006
Andrade to sue Juve?
Sunday 2 November, 2008
Jorge Andrade has reportedly refused to terminate his Juventus contract by mutual consent unless he receives back pay stretching back to July.

The Portuguese defender’s time in Turin has been beset by difficulties and two very serious injuries.

He joined from Deportivo La Coruna in July 2007 for around £7m, but fractured his left kneecap during the 2-2 draw at Roma on September 23 that same year.

He required two different operations on the knee and played a total of four Serie A games for the club.

Andrade was set to make his comeback, but suffered another setback to the same knee during pre-season training on July 11 and went under the knife again.

Juventus have reportedly not paid the player since that second injury and, according to Tuttosport, the proposed unilateral termination of the contract has hit major problems.

As the 30-year-old Portuguese defender is blaming Juve medical staff for putting him back in full training too quickly, he feels they owe him those wages.

On the other hand, the Bianconeri argue Andrade has been inactive since the first injury in September 2007 and could therefore have his contract terminated.

Newspaper Tuttosport suggests the matter could be dragged through the courts before there is a resolution.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/nov2h.html

This is getting ugly really really fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)