Jonathan Zebina (5 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
His screws were loose at times and injuries had limited his participation and effectiveness especially the last few seasons.

However, there is no taking away the fact that he had gone through the good and bad times with us the past 5 years. Whenever I saw J-Zi on the playing field, I saw a player who gives a damn ... the celebration on his Fulham goal, his aggressive but reckless tackles lacks no effort ...

He's a legend in my view.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
He had so much potential, but his temper and his injuries really effected his growth as a player.

Good luck Zebina and not all Juventus fans hated you. You stayed with us in Serie B and just for that you should be praised.

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
His screws were loose at times and injuries had limited his participation and effectiveness especially the last few seasons.

However, there is no taking away the fact that he had gone through the good and bad times with us the past 5 years. Whenever I saw J-Zi on the playing field, I saw a player who gives a damn ... the celebration on his Fulham goal, his aggressive but reckless tackles lacks no effort ...

He's a legend in my view.
lol just saw this. My feelings exactly.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
He had so much potential, but his temper and his injuries really effected his growth as a player.

Good luck Zebina and not all Juventus fans hated you. You stayed with us in Serie B and just for that you should be praised.
He shouldn't be praised for staying with us in Serie B cos that was his real level:lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just because he's been with us for a long time doesn't make him a legend. He brought no value to this team during his time here
I think that's a little harsh, Dru. Zebina isn't a legend, but he did play well for us under Capello. He wasn't one of my favorites but I think he did a decent job earlier in his career here.

Certainly doesn't deserve the mercenary status some brand him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He was (at least in his current form) only good for getting red carded for high kicking opponents in the face anymore.

That may be tempting entertainment for what little enjoyment we may make of this season, but you have to aim higher than that.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Legend -
a. A notable person whose deeds or exploits are much talked about in his or her own time
b. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

Zebina isn't a Juve legend but, he is to be thanked and appreciated for the effort he always put in when wearing the jersey. He always gave his all for the club and in his early years was a decent right back. Injuries got the better of him and limited his effectiveness.

Thanks for everything J.Z and best of luck in the future

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
legend? What kind of legend, the bench man legend?
Unfortunately zebi was only available when he shouldnt and wasnt available whe he should.
Whe we used to have a competitive team, he was the available cheap solution and weak link.
When we had no other options he let the likes of grygera to torture us.
He is easily the most ugly player of the last decade and managed to match tudor's record at injury proness.
But i always felt pity of him because he was the victim of our braindead racist fans.
Zebi was a very very limited and was never meant to be a starter, it is not his fault that our financial issus or managerial incompetence considered him a reliable option.
He was paid millions to sit on our bench or stands, we are the ones that should have been wiser, not him, he was smart and got what he aimed for...

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
The guy who scored the winner for them in a European Cup Final?

He's probably a legend.
Just because Zebina didnt score goals (cause he is a defender) doesnt mean that he is not a legend. I remember the first years that he was in Juve, Juve had the best defence in the world (Zambrota - Canna - Thuram - Zebina). I liked Zebina very much for his passion for the game and for Juve. At school everyone were talking to me about Zebina and how he is a great player, how incredibly long legs he has :). He stayed with us in Seria B but the injuries took their toll. He couldnt do anything cause the minute he stepped on the field he go injured. No one can predict those sorts of things. So in my oppinion he is a Juve legend, not an "all hail, bow down" legend, but still.....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If Zebina is a legend, Juve must have had at least one hundred legends in their history, and that really cheapens the term 'legend'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)