Jonathan Zebina (94 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
the main point about jonathan's performance last night is that he kept his head at all times, and its something that always affected his performances in the past.

Lets hope he builds on the performance.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
hopefully he can keep his cool and how he is playing, for some reason everytime i think of zebina it takes me back to when he got sent off after camo against arsenal

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zebina: Happy I Stayed At Juve

Juventus defender Jonathan Zebina says he made the right decision in staying at the club, despite offers from the English Premiership.

The 29-year-old signed for the Bianconeri in 2004 from Roma but he has never totally convinced.

On Saturday night however he put in one of his best performances in a Juventus shirt during the 1-0 win over Roma.

It was a great night for us,” Zebina told Tuttosport.

“It was important for morale and for the standings. Roma are a great team so to beat them means a lot.”

Zebina’s future at Juve was put into doubt when he was frozen out of the team by Coach Claudio Ranieri after being sent off in the week two match with Cagliari for slapping a cameraman.

The Frenchman eventually returned and he has expressed his determination to be a key player for the team.

"At first our relationship was somewhat complicated and maybe we had a misunderstanding. However now things have changed and I want to be a protagonist,” he stated.

"With all due respect to those who have played so far, I think I can keep on playing continuously. And the thing that makes me happy is playing with continuity.”

Zebina has also said he is sure he made the right decision in staying at Juventus, despite interest in the Premier League from the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal.

"My attitude after the two league titles we won [and were later revoked due to Calciopoli] was to not give up,” he explained. "There were requests but I preferred to stay.”

goal.com

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Zebina backs Bianconeri cause
Monday 18 February, 2008

Jonathan Zebina has returned to the Juventus fold and is a buoyant mood after the Old Lady’s triumph over his former side Roma.

The French defender has struggled to settle in Turin since arriving from the Eternal City in 2004 and fell out of favour when he was dismissed in Week 2 and had an altercation with a cameraman.

However, the 29-year-old was one of the star performers in Juve’s Saturday showdown success and seems much more settled under Claudio Ranieri.

“Saturday was a great night for us,” Zebina enthused in Tuttosport. “It was an important win in terms of League position and morale as we beat a great team in Roma.

“My relationship with Ranieri? At first our relationship was somewhat complicated and maybe we had a few misunderstandings, but things have changed and I want to be a protagonist.

“With all due respect to those who have been playing so far, I think I can command a regular starting place.”

Zebina is likely to start against Reggina this weekend at the Stadio Granillo for his seventh full appearance of the campaign.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb18q.html

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zebina: We Were Horrible

Jonathan Zebina has admitted that Juventus didn’t deserve to beat Torino last night, and has described their first-half performance as “horrible”.

The Bianconeri were again largely disappointing as they could only manage a 0-0 draw with their city rivals.

“We had a horrible first half and played Torino’s football,” Zebina moaned on the Juventus Channel.

“We improved in the second half, but you can’t say that we deserved to win this evening.”

Both sides had their chances to win, with Torino’s Alessandro Rosina going closest when he curled a free-kick over the wall, only to see it crash back off the crossbar.

“Torino were dangerous and hit the bar a couple of times with Alvaro Recoba looking really menacing. We could have won or lost,” he admitted.

“The fact remains that we have taken just a single point from two games and we have to beat Fiorentina on Sunday to keep fighting for second place.”

Juventus stay in third place, but they are now looking nervously over their shoulders, as Fiorentina and Milan can both close to within four points of them if they win their games in hand tonight.

goal.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
At least the team appear to realise that there is a lot of work to be done.

but i thought Zebina played well, 100% better than Grygera!

May 22, 2007
If Zebina lost the temper, he would actually be our solution for right back for maybe 2 or 3 years if he can churn out that type of performance more. I thought he played well in comparison to our other options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)