John Elkann (30 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2006
Actually Della Valle isn't right. Gianni Agnelli gave more money to this country than Della Valle's ever had. Surely, FIAT did receive a lot of favors, but they were international (west & east) when very few companies were. The Florence brothers might be butt-hurt but it's all about them, not Italy as a country. Not to mention there is no world - business or otherwise - they could compete with the heir of the Agnelli family. Very few people worldwide could. That is just a fact.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As an inheritor and heir I'm sure he has faced this type of sniping many times before.

As for the Della Valle's, it is well known that they are both cry babies when it comes to feeling victimised by powerful business players in Italy - Diego sees himself as some kind of Italian role model - and that they had a strong relationship with the old FIAT leadership preceding Elkann. But this has its roots in business, they are wrangling over ownership of RCS (company which publishes Corriere della Sera), FIAT is a majority shareholder and DDV a minor shareholder.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
The President of Exor is one of the heirs to the Agnelli family and was at a Q&A when asked by a child why Inter have stopped winning.

“I don’t know why Inter aren’t winning any more. I hope they keep on losing, though,” was Elkann’s reply.”

He was also asked whether Antonio Conte would remain on the Juventusbench next season.

“I am very happy with what we’ve done over the last few years, despite the latest defeat that made us really suffer.

“We hope to end this campaign on a high.”

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
How we interpret that last comment then?

He evaded the question
The way this is being handled is exactly why we're one of the few teams in Italy that do not give off the vibe of being a terribly run club. It's none of his business to give any comment about this on the basis of some idiotic media spasm.

You just know that Trohir would've made a comment about this, or Berlu in Milan for that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe no one applauded this beauty :lol:

“I don’t know why Inter aren’t winning any more. I hope they keep on losing, though,” was Elkann’s reply.”

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hate this guy with a passion. I hope I never meet him in person, otherwise I might end up with a jail term.

Please leave! GTFO! Sell the club. You have disgraced the memory of the greats before you.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
During scommessopoli some people at Juve, to be a little more precise at FIAT thought Conte was guilty. - Carlo Nesti

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)