John Elkann (14 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
We hadn't won scudetto in five-six years before Moggi came, no?
We hadn't won the league title for about 10 years before he came here but we had an absolute quality team before he took over. A team that won 2 Uefa cups within a period of 3 seasons. And finished twice as runner ups for the league title.

I would go as far as saying that even if Moggi haven't joined we could've won the league title anyways. It was just a matter of time before that team won the league title. The team was really good back then.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The team was VERY good back then. That team in 93-94 would have dominated Serie A today. Problem is, there were a lot of really good teams in Serie A back then. As I had stated in the Moggi thread, this is what he had to work with when he came on board.

Baggio (Best Player in the World at that time) Vialli, Ravanelli, Di Livio, Dino Baggio, Vialli, Del Piero, Perruzzi, Torricelli, Conte, Moller, Kohler. Not only did he have players in his prime, or young players who were going to turn into class players, but he also had tradeable assets at the time with which to work with.

Don't even get me started on where I think the faults lie with this team of the last 5 years. I put the blame squarely on what happened when this team went into Serie B, and did not go about rebuilding it the right way.

I just might write a blog about it, because although some say that hindsight is 20-20, I saw this coming the moment they went down to Serie B, and how this ownership and management reacted to it. Some people here know exactly what I am talking about

That was a very, very good team back then in 1993-1994

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Anyone with a good football knowledge would bring back this team where it belongs, OFC with the help of Elkann's MONEY!. So saying Moggi wont do us any good is bullshit IMO.. Even we fans know what we need.. Im not blaming everthing on Marotta, but it's the way people are leading this club what's wrong.. Giving Del Neri this job was the first mistake. We need World Class coache's, director's and player's.. Damit we have over 12 million fans in Italy only. This team would return back to glory with the right people..

Ps: I read something about Sampdoria fan's asking for the club to be sold.. Why can't we do that, we have so many fan's, they should do something to make Elkann invest insted of spending 400m€ on cricket!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Anyone with a good football knowledge would bring back this team where it belongs, OFC with the help of Elkann's MONEY!. So saying Moggi wont do us any good is bullshit IMO.. Even we fans know what we need.. Im not blaming everthing on Marotta, but it's the way people are leading this club what's wrong.. Giving Del Neri this job was the first mistake. We need World Class coache's, director's and player's.. Damit we have over 12 million fans in Italy only. This team would return back to glory with the right people..

Ps: I read something about Sampdoria fan's asking for the club to be sold.. Why can't we do that, we have so many fan's, they should do something to make Elkann invest insted of spending 400m€ on cricket!
:howler:

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Says who ? I honestly think even moggi won't fix our problems right now.

Moggi when he came here actually started from a strong base (having a team that just won the uefa cup). He had a great eye for talents no doubt about that but still he didn't start from scratch.

Not defending the current guys in charge of this club but they're literally are starting from nothing. We had absolutely no team coming from last season's nightmare.

Its a tough task, Moggi don't have a magic stick to fix all our problems. We will probably do it the hard way and start building the team slowly. The fans won't like it, but thats the only way forward for this club unless some filthy rich investor buys the club and starts spending big just like man City for example.
Moggi is obviously no wizard and can get up titles in 1 year but he knows talent like you said and knows what players are good for a club. Something we do not have now so yes I am still sticking with Moggi is the only one to fix this club. No one is Serie A is going to want to work with Juventus and to be honest there is no one that can do any better of a job then Moggi. There is no one out there making everyone talk. Marotta did last year and look at him at a big club. Made half our team into loan players. Moggi is only on piece of course but with him its the first step towards recovering and in 2 years I think we'd be fine. Im just tired of these 5 year projects. Every 5 years its another freaking 5 year project.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
John Elkann, Lapo Elkann, Andrea Agnelli and Exor S.p.A. can all kiss my hairy ass. Before we know it, this team will struggle to fight against relegation.

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
Agnelli's and Elkann's will not work together for the good of juve.Either of two wants juve for his own.I think that elkann wants the value of juve to go as down as he can to make Agnelli to sell what he has on juve for a smaller price. He accepted the relegation without a fight and the plan to make juve smaller and smaller goes on.GET OUT elkann FROM JUVE and go to play Cricket.....

Aug 1, 2003
jeezus stop all this moggi returning talk, won't happen and it won't help.

Juve's class and greatness is closely tied to those of Gianni and Umberto's in our modern history. All of our 'old guards' say so, and we produce class players in them. John and Andrea do not have this, either they are dumb witted or simply do not share the passion for Juve that runs more as a business. They can't hold their own.

Jul 28, 2002
This guys either does not give a shit about football or is an Inter fan / morratti bum boy.

This man has the power and influence to really sort things out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)