John Elkann (5 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
They're just words, nothing more.
That remains to be seen. I think they are hollow words as well, but at least now we something to reference if/when he does anything this summer.

“There is no doubt that we need to react above all to build a strong Juve for next season.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He will come good as IZ said. Really, there isn't much we can do now. What would we do if we fired Zac? No one would come in right now. Our only alternative is to sit back and pray we somehow manage to score some victories to get us to fourth.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think back then they had a bad club from the BOD, team, coaches and even some fans.

The shit has really hit the fan this year.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I think you have to go back to 1962 or 1957 to find a Juve this bad.
the point is that this isn't the first time we are this poor and we all know the reason why this is happening now
it's like Platini said, after calciopoli all 'football- intelligence' left
all succesful clubs have former club hero's in their boards
we have an incapable board and an aging team constructed to play 4-4-2 and unable to change tactics
is that John's fault? he placed the puppets but I hardly think it's his fault that we are losing games
that's the players fault, the coach's responsibillity of confusing tactics and the board's failing mercato.
each and anyone at Juve bears a little bit of the blame
all this would never had hapened if we weren't demoted back then

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Elkann bitter about Juve form
Friday 26 March, 2010
Juventus patron John Elkann says he has become increasingly bitter about the club's woeful performances this season.

The grandson of Gianni Agnelli thought things had changed for the better with the appointment of Alberto Zaccheroni in January, but recent results suggest otherwise.

Juventus have lost their last three matches in all competitions and now lie seventh in Serie A with nothing else to play for except qualification for next year's Champions League.

“As a fan, I cannot but be embittered, disappointed and angry: Juventus lack determination at all levels,” Elkann raged.

When asked to reveal what Juventus require, he said: “There is no doubt that we need to react above all to build a strong Juve for next season.”

The Bianconeri are expected to undergo an extensive rebuilding operation in the summer, replacing the Coach and a number of the playing staff.

Fiorentina boss Cesare Prandelli is being touted as the favourite to replace Alberto Zaccheroni while ambitious bids for Giampaolo Pazzini and Juan Manuel Vargas are also rumoured to be in the offing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)