John Elkann (5 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
thanx for the great effort Rebel :tup:

its good to see that he has juventus on his mind, even though its not a priority but he is thinking about improving the club's image.

Sounds like a smart businessman also

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
He doesn't directly answer the questions about putting money into the team.

Good interview though. Time will tell how good he is.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
ok i once said that he was great guy, i meant career wise.

form this artical it shows that we will have a very limited funding for next season, so we have to make really smart moves.

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
Hey guys, i was watching Mughini speek on tv, he is a great juventus fan and someone who says clearly the way things are. He said that John Elkan, in an interview on an italian newspapaper yesterday ( saturday) , John Elkan said that Juventus is just another firm like Fiat they own, and no money will be speent at the risk of the balance of such a firm. To a question if Juvetnus will spend some money on a big signing he said that if juventus want a new star he will have to come out from their own youth system.

What do you think? I might sound really pessimistic but i think its going to be very hard to return amongst the top clubs in europe with such managment.. I think juventus staff lack a person who realy loves the club, who really is a supporter, like the great gianni agnelli... If any one can post the link of the above mentioned article id like to reed it.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
we need someone who is passionate for Juve. People may not like Moggi and co after the calciopoli but at least they wanted the best for us and didnt think of us as a business

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
but I can! lol

But is there something which you would not repeat?
"Yes. With Capello, for example, we could have done differently. There was an indecision on our part: he didnt pay. He could have say bye straight away".

Not sure about the last sentence but that is what he said
:D I think that means John wanted rid of crapello sooner.:lol:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Pinturrichio said:
Hey guys, i was watching Mughini speek on tv, he is a great juventus fan and someone who says clearly the way things are. He said that John Elkan, in an interview on an italian newspapaper yesterday ( saturday) , John Elkan said that Juventus is just another firm like Fiat they own, and no money will be speent at the risk of the balance of such a firm. To a question if Juvetnus will spend some money on a big signing he said that if juventus want a new star he will have to come out from their own youth system.

What do you think? I might sound really pessimistic but i think its going to be very hard to return amongst the top clubs in europe with such managment.. I think juventus staff lack a person who realy loves the club, who really is a supporter, like the great gianni agnelli... If any one can post the link of the above mentioned article id like to reed it.
We managed for 12 years without the Agnellis dipping into their pockets (much to other team's jealousy). It can be done, but you need good management, good marketing sense, good sponsors, & Moggi's talent of spotting a potential bargain as far as players are concerned. :smoke:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
ReBeL said:
Part 3

Question: Mentioning the players grown here: could your captain, Del Piero, become the Boniperti of the future?
John: "For now, he still plays. We had no doubts that he would stay in Juve. He is a great talent, he always remained close to his teammates and he also is married to a lady from Turin.:confused: Del Piero is the example of what the football player today unfortunately lacks. Same thing, Ciro Ferrara: arrived from Napoli, but now his house is Turin".:confused2

Will you succeed to keep Buffon?
John: "Yes, we are in a position to stop him leaving. What counts is that it will be a shared decision. Camoranesi, in the end was pleased that he remained, and he expresses it also on the pitch. Going back to Buffon, we hope he wins the Golden Ball because he deserves it".

What do you think of assigining the scudetto that was taken from Juventus to Inter?
John: "It was not won on the field. They could also not accept it. After all, I do not believe that the Inter fan is very pleased with a scudetto gained in this way. The scudetto would have been better not to be assigned. As for inter, I wish them the best because they can win the current one on the field".

Question: Who will build Juve in Serie A? It is not believed that Bettega and Alessio Secco can follow what was achieved in the period of Moggi and Giraudo?
John: "The influence of Moggi is absolutely under zero. Bettega is a special consultant of Blanc, but has no office in the club. The sporting decisions will be the mission of three people: Secco, Blanc and Deschamps".

Question: You have removed Moggi, but we still find him on television and newspapers and almost always he talks about Juventus.
John: "Well, I don't think he will last for a long time working like that".

Question: What about the idea to claim the damages of Moggi and Giraudo?? Is it still resisted or was it shelved?
John: "It is now in the hand of the legal evaluation. It is necessary to see how the trial will evolve".

Question: How much time and how many money does Juve want to compete for the scudetto?
John: "Inter is the example that proves that money isn't the decisive factor. What counts are the justifications: and it was showed by the national team's victory in the World Cup".
Love the post Rebel esp this one's paragraphs 2 & 3. Thanks.:thumbs:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #34
    Moggi replies to the words of Elkann about him:

http://qn.quotidiano.net/chan/tuttocalcio:5446290:/2006/11/15:

Briefly, Moggi said that Juve old managers deserve some respect, and reminds John that the players and the club he inherited are the results of the "effectiveness of their planning"...

He also said that Juve can compete for the top ranks in Serie A again...

He is so happy for the young players coming into the first team, and says that he is happy for John, Lapo and all Juve fans...

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    ReBeL said:
    Moggi replies to the words of Elkann about him:

http://qn.quotidiano.net/chan/tuttocalcio:5446290:/2006/11/15:

Briefly, Moggi said that Juve old managers deserve some respect, and reminds John that the players and the club he inherited are the results of the "effectiveness of their planning"...

He also said that Juve can compete for the top ranks in Serie A again...

He is so happy for the young players coming into the first team, and says that he is happy for John, Lapo and all Juve fans...
    yea gr8 planning...we r in B Inter might win Scudetto and half the old team is playing for our UCL rivals

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    AngelaL said:
    We managed for 12 years without the Agnellis dipping into their pockets (much to other team's jealousy). It can be done, but you need good management, good marketing sense, good sponsors, & Moggi's talent of spotting a potential bargain as far as players are concerned. :smoke:
    WEll, we managed 12 years without any significant financial losses. When u create a team witha certain budget, it is done with a certainty that atleast the income covers for it. now we're just trying to balance everything out.

If there is no significant injection, we wont buy a big name next year, we might end up selling a star before having sum cash to invest in a prospect but definately not a big signing.

ahmedz said:
    yea gr8 planning...we r in B Inter might win Scudetto and half the old team is playing for our UCL rivals
    Harsh judgement by my booksI respect the old board as much as I did back then, well perhaps abit less, but not significantly so.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    All the stuff about the Triade went to their heads esp. Moggi...he thought he was above the law and Juventus had to pay for his arrogance

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #38
    ahmedz said:
    All the stuff about the Triade went to their heads esp. Moggi...he thought he was above the law and Juventus had to pay for his arrogance
    Nothing was proved, so let's not accuse ourselves with unproved accusations...

Mona

Feb 24, 2003
    pictuers from his marriage day:oops:

Da wedding cake :toast:

"J. Elkann" and his wife "Lavinia Borromeo":smoke:

Berlusconi was there:smoke:

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Don't be harsh on the Triade .. remember even though we're in seire B .. but because of their intelligence we got a CL and got into 3 other finals ... not counting the scudettos won in the 90s and 2000s ... some of u guys got to give them some credit for that now ...

and about John .. I don't like his ways but I still wish him the best of luck ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)