John Elkann (10 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This piece of ass wipe deserves to rot in hell. What a faggot!

He apparently doesn't give a fuck about the club; I just wish Buffon would turn him into a comatose patient, along with Motta, Pepe, Del Neri, and Marotta.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
What's wrong with what he said?

"Buffon is a great player, unfortunately he wasn't able to play for 1 year and a half.."

Isn't this true?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I assumed that Elkann was referring to the fact that its been 18 months since buffon was fit enough to be playing consistently over a decent period...which isn't insulting in any way whatsoever.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And then you wonder why you were banned 'for insulting Pirlo'.
:andyandbarcelona: :rolleyes: Your point being? I guess you derive a sense of pride from being smug all the time, don't you? In any case, the current owner, management, coach, and 80% of our players deserve all the abuse they receive and much much more for being pathetic individuals. The words cunt, pussy, muppet, fucker, all come to mind, but I shall refrain from insulting any particular/individual member of our team and management. Thankfully, yet another nightmare season is about conclude!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:andyandbarcelona: :rolleyes: Your point being? I guess you derive a sense of pride from being smug all the time, don't you? In any case, the current owner, management, coach, and 80% of our players deserve all the abuse they receive and much much more for being pathetic individuals. The words cunt, pussy, muppet, fucker, all come to mind, but I shall refrain from insulting any particular/individual member of our team and management. Thankfully, yet another nightmare season is about conclude!
I'm sure you understood my point and are just aggrieved, but you are a lot better than mindless insults.

One other thing I hear a lot of is how Agnelli and Elkann 'don't care'. It seems that a poor Juventus means they don't care by default, because Agnelli and Elkann (see Exor) aren't throwing more money at it 'like they do with cricket'. I guess this is what modern football has come down to, if you're not doing well throw an endless pot of money at it or get out and find someone who does. Really it's not a question of caring, just making right choices. With right choices and the money Exor have put in already we'd comfortably be a CL team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am aggrieved, frustrated, and frankly fed up with all this nonsensical talk of projects (failed projects might I add) and acquiring "champions."

Talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words. Granted that we have spent a fair amount of money over the past few years, but we have little to show for it. We needed to build upon what Ranieri created, because at least he constructed a team for us, and we were consistent and playing CL football on a "regular basis." Since Ranieri's departure, we took a steep nosedive. Ranieri was never going to take us places, and the management realized this, although whether this realization was something they carefully perceived or stumbled upon by more coincidence is debatable, judging by the mess we are currently in.

We could've been a contender by now; we weren't too far off back then. However, what we have gone and done with this mini-revolution is destroy everything we built over the past few years, regressed beyond regression, and are now hoping and praying that somehow the management can get it right!

Personally, it's not about caring anymore. I am more concerned about possessing competent individuals capable of running, not ruining, our beloved club. You could care for someone and love them deeply, but still do all the things that upset them, or show your love and care in the wrong way.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Another revolution seems on the horizon, we stick with Delneri :)shifty:) or go with another coach who's probably got completely different ideas and wants new players, we keep going. I'm not particularly bothered if it's a big name coach who could come in, just someone who is experienced at bigger clubs and can create a positive atmosphere for the players, the rest follows.

We could've been a contender

Couldn't resist :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: We don't really need a revolution though. A visionary coach with new and fresh ideas, and 2-3 world class players and we are on the right path. The most important issue at hand is the coach though; a man of character with a strong personality and a winning DNA. Enough of the losers!

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Seriously, what is the mindset of this dickless excuse of a person, does he not understand the importance of this club, what he and the other clowns are doing to it's name and future. It actually makes me feel physically sick when I read the kind of players we get linked to these days, obviously I'm aware that nothing is set in stone but it's hard to think that there isn't any truth to these rumours considering the team built last mercato by Elkanns puppets Agnelli and Marotta.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #640
    The business on...John Elkann, Chairman, Fiat

He looks a little young?

Yes, he is rather fresh-faced – he turned 35 a couple of months ago.

A meteoric rise to the top?

The family connection helps. His mother's maiden name was Agnelli – Mr Elkann is the grandson of Giannia Agnelli, and the chosen heir of the Italian industrialist who built Fiat and the associated business empire.

So how is the prodigy doing?

Pretty well, actually. He's just masterminded the deal that has seen Fiat take majority control of Chrysler, the US auto manufacturer it helped rescue at the height of the global recession two years ago.

I thought that bloke with the jumpers ran Fiat?

You mean chief executive Sergio Marchionne, rarely seen in anything but a pullover? He's important, but he owes the chairman his job – it was Mr Elkann who pushed for his appointment seven years ago. He's been around much longer, having served on the board since the age of 22.

How did he end up as head of the Agnelli family?

His grandfather asked him to join the family business in 1997 following the death of his cousin Giovanni Alberton, the son of Gianni's younger brother Umberto. When the senior Agnelli brothers died, in 2003 and 2004, Mr Elkann became the vice chairman of Fiat – he stepped up to the chairmanship last year.

Any other strings to his bow?

Just a few. He runs Exor, the Agnelli family's investment company. It controls a string of assets across Europe, including Juventus football club. He's interested in politics too – he's a member of the Brookings Institute – and he's not afraid to get his hands dirty – while at college, he did a string of internships at car makers, never revealing his identity. He even worked at a headlight factory in Birmingham for a while.

Too busy for a personal life then?

He found time, in 2004, to marry the Italian countess Lavinia Borromeo. At the wedding, the couple tucked into a five metre-long chocolate cake that was a replica of the Fiat car factory in Turin, and also featured a unicorn, the family crest of the countess.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ness-onjohn-elkann-chairman-fiat-2292853.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)