John Arne Riise (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Another sign that our management not doing well in Transfer market. Why the hell we need him? Molinaro is better than him and I'm sure he will be better next year after this year experince and Pasqual is also a better option .

Gigli and Secco officialy going to destroy next season. He is not a right man for job. Gigli is also not aiming high. He just want to manage Juve anyway. We want someone like Mourino who want to be the first. Best in europe.

Gigli says: "He wants to win CL" o.k. man do something for it. Can we wn CL with these kind of players? We should go for Barzagli, VDV, Huntelaar, Diego Not Grosso, Riise, Bridge, Alonso or player like these.

I realy miss Moggi. Now you guys undrestand the value of his works. Look at just some of his transfers: Del Piero, Zidane, Buffon, Camo, Nedved, Trez, Ferrara, Mutu, Chiellini, Thuram, Inzaghi, Viera, Henry, Davids, Van der Sar, Conte, Cannavaro, Kovacevic, Salas, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Emerson, Zlatan, Zambrotta, Di Vaio, Conte, Vialli, Deschamps, Vieri ... and Lippi and Capello. Oh my god World National Team in last 15 years!

It's funny how you put Henry in that list, the same Henry we sold for penauts, and Salas :lol: You could also put Baiocco or Athirson on that list, and maybe a guy we signed from Cagliari (can't remember his name).

And how can you rate Barzagli higher than Grosso. Man you are talking crap, ofcourse our board is not good as previous was in buying players, but c'mon we suffered in last two years and not even a magican could to do better job. I suppose that you expected Messi to join us in Serie B and help us fight for promotion.

Also you forgot money problem, not only us, even Milan and Inter are struggling to compete with Premier League teams when it comes to finances.

So please get real for sec, or just wake up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
It's funny how you put Henry in that list, the same Henry we sold for penauts, and Salas :lol: You could also put Baiocco or Athirson on that list, and maybe a guy we signed from Cagliari (can't remember his name).

And how can you rate Barzagli higher than Grosso. Man you are talking crap, ofcourse our board is not good as previous was in buying players, but c'mon we suffered in last two years and not even a magican could to do better job. I suppose that you expected Messi to join us in Serie B and help us fight for promotion.

Also you forgot money problem, not only us, even Milan and Inter are struggling to compete with Premier League teams when it comes to finances.

wait a minute, the cagliari dude, did ya mean fabian o'neill?
haha... havent heard bout him 4 a long time...
he didnt play well at juve did he?

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005

Hey, I know the players you mentioned. First, our coach didn't use Henry well and it wasn'y Moggi mistake. But I agree with you about Salas and Baiocoo and Athirson! But he we didnot pay that much money for Last 2! But I agree, Salas was worst Juve transfer in Moggi Times.

It is very natural that in around 30 best transfers in 15 years, he made mistake in 3 of them but these new guys made 5-6 great mistakes in around 2 years!
Selling Mutu and Letting Zambrotta and Thuram leave very easily and Buying Almiron, Tiago with that price and didn't buy better players last summer. They even wanted to sell Chiellini to Man City last summer!! Remember?

I do think Barzagli is much more better than Grosso! Compare their age and future! Barzagli will be playing in CB for Italy next 5-6 years. His case is very similar to Nesta's case when he was to leave Lazio.

and also I'm realistic! My suggested package is cheaper than what they are doing righ now! I suggested Instead of Amauri, Alonso and Grosso we should gor for Barzagli, VDV and Huntellar! See post 56!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
wait a minute, the cagliari dude, did ya mean fabian o'neill?
haha... havent heard bout him 4 a long time...
he didnt play well at juve did he?
YES :D

He played on or two matches for us I think :)
O'Neill actually played 20 matches for Juventus during his stay here:

http://juworld.net/giocatori-scheda.asp?idgiocatore=689

He played as good for Juve as Tiago does. In fact, I think O'Neill was even worse. What a dreadful signing that was. One of several Moggi's "brilliant" moves. :wallbang:

May 21, 2008
I Agree. But I don't think my suggested package cost 150 M! What I suggest is this:

Sell : Almiron, Blasi, Zalayeta, Molinaro, Nocerino, Stendardo, Marchionni.
and Loan out : Palladino and De Caglie.

and Buy: Barzagli (~10 M), Van der Vart (~17) and Huntelaar (~12 M).
Also Bring back Giovinco and Marchisio.

And forget Grosso, Riise, Alonso, Bridge, Sandros, Silva or these kind of players.
i dont think we can get huntelaar for 12 m

AshutoshJuve

Hi, Ashutosh Deshpande!
Mar 13, 2007
I Agree. But I don't think my suggested package cost 150 M! What I suggest is this:

Sell : Almiron, Blasi, Zalayeta, Molinaro, Nocerino, Stendardo, Marchionni.
and Loan out : Palladino and De Caglie.

and Buy: Barzagli (~10 M), Van der Vart (~17) and Huntelaar (~12 M).
Also Bring back Giovinco and Marchisio.

And forget Grosso, Riise, Alonso, Bridge, Sandros, Silva or these kind of players.
sell Nocerino ???
Huntelaar for 12m ?? 12m intergalactic pounds ??
Buy VDV ??? 17m ?? 17m Indian Rupees ??
Who will play LB; Molinaro the :sick:
Tiago stays ??
Stendardo leaves ??
Who will be play CM/CDM other than sissoko, zanetti as we'r selling nocerino acc to u ?

Methinx we have a Secco in the making

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
sell Nocerino ???
Tiago stays ??
Stendardo leaves ??
Who will be play CM/CDM other than sissoko, zanetti as we'r selling nocerino acc to u ?

Secco? Hunter for 12m seems more like Moggi :p And Nocerino will leave. He is part of the Amauri deal.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
I think we need a left back more than a CB at the moment. Our first priority in defense should be a quality LB and then a CB. I mean to be honest, either one of the two would be a good choice because Chiellini can fill in the missing role. Legro had a decent season, Andrade will be back (injury free i hope), Melberg will arrive and if we hold onto Criscito we'd have an alright backline. Another quality player would definitely add the depth required to compete in the CL.
For the midfield we need some solidity...I dont know how much Neddy and Zanetti will be able dish out in a 50+ game season...so it comes down to this.

3 Essential Signings:
LB
CM
Attacking Mid

The Extra signings to make us super ready:
ST
CB

I'd say for this to happen we'd need to dish out minimum 70 million euro's or equivalent in players exchanged.

Jul 15, 2006
sell Nocerino ???
Tiago stays ??
Stendardo leaves ??

What are you talking about? With your Intergalactic pounds, and Indian rupees, and Nocerino is in Amauri deal, I wont even bother with the rest...

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I think we need a left back more than a CB at the moment. Our first priority in defense should be a quality LB and then a CB. I mean to be honest, either one of the two would be a good choice because Chiellini can fill in the missing role. Legro had a decent season, Andrade will be back (injury free i hope), Melberg will arrive and if we hold onto Criscito we'd have an alright backline. Another quality player would definitely add the depth required to compete in the CL.
For the midfield we need some solidity...I dont know how much Neddy and Zanetti will be able dish out in a 50+ game season...so it comes down to this.

3 Essential Signings:
LB
CM
Attacking Mid

The Extra signings to make us super ready:
ST
CB

I'd say for this to happen we'd need to dish out minimum 70 million euro's or equivalent in players exchanged.
While your argument is well-thought out, I'd have to disagree with the AM being essential.

To me, the three essential signings are:
LB (Grosso) 5-10m
Why? Its obvious, Molinaro stinks, and De Ceglie is unproven at high levels, could be like Criscito.
CB (Barzagli/Marquez) 10-15m
Why? Because Legrottaglie, Mellberg, Andrade and Criscito are not reliable options, and may not cut it at the CL level. Solid CB means the midfield doesn't have to protect them as much.
CM (Alonso) ~20m
Why? Because the midfield is unbalanced. Aside from Tiago (who was not effective), they are all some type of defensive midfielder. Xabi Alonso could be our Pirlo and be the engine, creative presence and holder that we desperately need. Has worked well with Sissoko, and can again. Zanetti is getting older, Nocerino is leaving. No brainer here.
Total: 35-45m euro

Extra Signings to put us over the top:
Backup GK (Manninger Type) 0-5m
Why? Because Buffon is getting older and needs some rest. Belardi can't cut it. Novembre and Vanstrattan are not ready for that.
ST (Amauri) 12m +Nocerino+1/2 Lanzafame
Why? Because Del Piero and Trezeguet are not young anymore, and options are needed. Amauri has a skillset that is like a blend of Iaquinta, Trezeguet and Del Piero. Very versatile and strong, with great finish. Palladino didn't impress as that 4th option. Expect to see a lot of rotation.
LWM or AM (VDV/Diego type) 15-25m
Why? For creativity and flair. Nedved is done next year almost for sure. Camoranesi can't be the only one, and Giovinco might not be ready for CL level opponents (though I kind of doubt that).
Total: 27-42m euro

By my calculations, to fully upgrade the team to be a legitimate CL challenger, will cost somewhere in between 62 and 87 million euro. So file that under no way.

So, what goes? Pragmatically, the LWM/AM. Juventus did not want for goals, and if you are adding in Giovinco, Amauri and a CM like Xabi Alonso to the existing creative core of Del Piero, Nedved and Camoranesi, playmaking shouldn't be a real issue. While the play might not be as exciting, the results should still be there. Adding an AM/LWM would likely be the most expensive venture anyway.

So, now we're down to somewhere between 47 and 62 million euro. High, but consider the income from potential Tiago, Blasi, Almiron, Marchionni and Palladino sales, and that's a good 20-30 million euro. Can Juventus spend somewhere between 17 and 42 million euro? You bet. Though most likely in the 30 million euro range.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Hey, I know the players you mentioned. First, our coach didn't use Henry well and it wasn'y Moggi mistake. But I agree with you about Salas and Baiocoo and Athirson! But he we didnot pay that much money for Last 2! But I agree, Salas was worst Juve transfer in Moggi Times.

It is very natural that in around 30 best transfers in 15 years, he made mistake in 3 of them but these new guys made 5-6 great mistakes in around 2 years!
Selling Mutu and Letting Zambrotta and Thuram leave very easily and Buying Almiron, Tiago with that price and didn't buy better players last summer. They even wanted to sell Chiellini to Man City last summer!! Remember?

I do think Barzagli is much more better than Grosso! Compare their age and future! Barzagli will be playing in CB for Italy next 5-6 years. His case is very similar to Nesta's case when he was to leave Lazio.

and also I'm realistic! My suggested package is cheaper than what they are doing righ now! I suggested Instead of Amauri, Alonso and Grosso we should gor for Barzagli, VDV and Huntellar! See post 56!
Hey I randomly mentioned those four players, I don't have time and memory to remember all of them. And saying that we had 30 best transfer in 15 years is exaggerating.

Selling Mutu and what you have called "letting" Zambrotta and Thuram - c'mon do I need to comment on this? Where you've been while calciopolli was going? And buying Tiago and Almirion, again c'mon! We all rated them high and had high expectations, unofrtunately you can't predict flops. Only Chiellini is good argument and I agree with that!

Now about Barzagli... You want a CB over LB which we desperatly need, even birds are knowing that, ask poor pigeon who was hitted with Molinaro's cross in the box (appereantly he wanted to cross the ball at Delle Alpi). And than you compared Barzagli to Nesta, man oh man are you crazy. And even if we can't compare CB to LB, still Grosso is way better than Barzagli. P.S. Italy is screwed if Barzagli is going to play CB for next 5-6yrs.

And your "package" will be cheaper only if you pay 50% of the money for players you mentioned.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
well, i know many will disagree with me, but Riise is not that bad player as you say.
I saw him many times, and he like everyone else made few mistakes..
Actually Chiellini made far more mistakes in last 3-4 games than Riise all this season...
I would not mind him or W.Bridge, unless we get someone much better.
Also Molinaro was not that bad, considering age, costing. He is better LB than Chiellini..
Yes he has to learn to cross MUCH better, but he improved so much since start of season..

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Riise is not a bad player.. of course if he comes cheap.. he scored one own goal what now? does that make him a bad player ?!.. he ain't very good at defending but nowdays fullbacks are more about attacking and Riise has some powerful shoots..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)