Not open for further replies.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #42
    Liverpool wants 6mln euros for Riise.But the thing is that his contract expires in 2009 so price could drop a bit.

Our offer at the moment is 3mln euros and we could raise it up to 4 eventually.

Transfer could happen as long as some other teams who are willing to pay full asking price doesn't join the race.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Riise Headed for Spain?
    Liverpool full back John Arne Riise could be on his way to Spain following news that Atletico Madrid and Villareal have both joined the chase to sign the Norwegian. Schalke and Newcastle are also circling...

Riise, 27, who signed for Liverpool from Monaco in 2001, has become surplus to requirements at Anfield and is widely expected to leave the club this summer.

The Norwegian, who is one of the longest serving players at Anfield, has had a mixed season this year. The arrival of Fabio Aurelio has increased the competition for places in the side and Riise has not only lost his place in the starting line up but has also been forced to play out of position in midfield at times this season.

Riise, who made a name for himself as a defender with a ferocious shot has also seen his goals dry up this season.

Indeed the goal he will be most remembered for will be the last minute own goal he conceded against Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final which turned the tie in Chelsea’s favour.

With manager Rafael Benitez keen to raise funds in order to embark on a summer spending spree it is thought that Riise is one of the players the Liverpool manager is more than willing to sell in order to free up some funds.

This is something that the player himself has acknowledged recently as he has reportedly told the press he is aware he may have to leave Liverpool in order to find regular first team football.

Other Moves

Riise has reportedly already rejected a move to Newcastle and there have also been rumours that Juventus are interested in signing the Norwegian, although this seems unlikely.

Far more credible are recent reports that the German side Schalke 04 are interested in the defender as well as Atletico Madrid and Villareal.

Whilst it is unclear where he will end up what does seem apparent is that his days at Anfield are all but over.

Gill Clark

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=710035

:weee:
    :angel:

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
    Why look for a foreign player when there are better Italian options. I'm not someone who only wants Italians in the team, but in defence communication is one of the most important things. Why cant we just sign Grosso or even Pasqual. It cant be that hard even for Secco and co.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
    Another sign that our management not doing well in Transfer market. Why the hell we need him? Molinaro is better than him and I'm sure he will be better next year after this year experince and Pasqual is also a better option .

Gigli and Secco officialy going to destroy next season. He is not a right man for job. Gigli is also not aiming high. He just want to manage Juve anyway. We want someone like Mourino who want to be the first. Best in europe.

Gigli says: "He wants to win CL" o.k. man do something for it. Can we wn CL with these kind of players? We should go for Barzagli, VDV, Huntelaar, Diego Not Grosso, Riise, Bridge, Alonso or player like these.

I realy miss Moggi. Now you guys undrestand the value of his works. Look at just some of his transfers: Del Piero, Zidane, Buffon, Camo, Nedved, Trez, Ferrara, Mutu, Chiellini, Thuram, Inzaghi, Viera, Henry, Davids, Van der Sar, Conte, Cannavaro, Kovacevic, Salas, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Emerson, Zlatan, Zambrotta, Di Vaio, Conte, Vialli, Deschamps, Vieri ... and Lippi and Capello. Oh my god World National Team in last 15 years!

May 21, 2008
    Another sign that our management not doing well in Transfer market. Why the hell we need him? Molinaro is better than him and I'm sure he will be better next year after this year experince and Pasqual is also a better option .

Gigli and Secco officialy going to destroy next season. He is not a right man for job. Gigli is also not aiming high. He just want to manage Juve anyway. We want someone like Mourino who want to be the first. Best in europe.

Gigli says: "He wants to win CL" o.k. man do something for it. Can we wn CL with these kind of players? We should go for Barzagli, VDV, Huntelaar, Diego Not Grosso, Riise, Bridge, Alonso or player like these.

I realy miss Moggi. Now you guys undrestand the value of his works. Look at just some of his transfers: Del Piero, Zidane, Buffon, Camo, Nedved, Trez, Ferrara, Mutu, Chiellini, Thuram, Inzaghi, Viera, Henry, Davids, Van der Sar, Conte, Cannavaro, Kovacevic, Salas, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Emerson, Zlatan, Zambrotta, Di Vaio, Conte, Vialli, Deschamps, Vieri ... and Lippi and Capello. Oh my god World National Team in last 15 years!

am with you on ehat you said abt moggi
    but

to be realistic when moggi was incharge our finacial position was very good
    but know nothing is like the past
    we have nearly 40 m to spend this year on the market
    and if we pay 12 for amauri , 17 m on xabi alonso and nearly 11 or 12 million for barzagli or another decent CB nothing will remain to sign grosso or vargas ....
    so i think 2 or 3 million for riise will be good as we think in the financial issues 2 ..
    and i thing the management could get the 4 million ( 44-40million ) easily by selling blasi and some other bad player like olivera for example .. so i think thats what we will get at the end of the market ,,, and my opinion is that will be a good market for us ,,, i hope that

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
    am with you on ehat you said abt moggi
    but

to be realistic when moggi was incharge our finacial position was very good
    but know nothing is like the past
    we have nearly 40 m to spend this year on the market
    and if we pay 12 for amauri , 17 m on xabi alonso and nearly 11 or 12 million for barzagli or another decent CB nothing will remain to sign grosso or vargas ....
    so i think 2 or 3 million for riise will be good as we think in the financial issues 2 ..
    and i thing the management could get the 4 million ( 44-40million ) easily by selling blasi and some other bad player like olivera for example .. so i think thats what we will get at the end of the market ,,, and my opinion is that will be a good market for us ,,, i hope that
    The problem is not about one player like Riise or someone else. What I tried to say is about Approach. Current management (Gigli, Blanc, Secco and Ranieri)approach and last managemen (Moggi, Giraudo, Bettega and Lippi/Capello) approach.

I think with these guys and with this kind of approach, It will be very very difficult that we even can reach CL last 4. That's what I think.

Anyway, I agree, Riise worth 2 Millions!

May 21, 2008
    The problem is not about one player like Riise or someone else. What I tried to say is about Approach. Current management (Gigli, Blanc, Secco and Ranieri)approach and last managemen (Moggi, Giraudo, Bettega and Lippi/Capello) approach.

I think with these guys and with this kind of approach, It will be very very difficult that we even can reach CL last 4. That's what I think.

Anyway, I agree, Riise worth 2 Millions!
    i 100% with you
    but we be realistic
    buying half the players that you suggested we cost at least 150 million and if we could pay such amount we simple can pay 20% from thwew wages
    we must agree that we lost hundreds of millions in seire B last yearand we are paying for a new stadium so we must at least wait in the current finacial position for 4-5 years to be what we was

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
    i 100% with you
    but we be realistic
    buying half the players that you suggested we cost at least 150 million and if we could pay such amount we simple can pay 20% from thwew wages
    we must agree that we lost hundreds of millions in seire B last yearand we are paying for a new stadium so we must at least wait in the current finacial position for 4-5 years to be what we was
    I Agree. But I don't think my suggested package cost 150 M! What I suggest is this:

Sell : Almiron, Blasi, Zalayeta, Molinaro, Nocerino, Stendardo, Marchionni.
    and Loan out : Palladino and De Caglie.

and Buy: Barzagli (~10 M), Van der Vart (~17) and Huntelaar (~12 M).
    Also Bring back Giovinco and Marchisio.

And forget Grosso, Riise, Alonso, Bridge, Sandros, Silva or these kind of players.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
    I Agree. But I don't think my suggested package cost 150 M! What I suggest is this:

And forget Grosso, Riise, Alonso, Bridge, Sandros, Silva or these kind of players.
    Buy Barzagli? No new LB? VdV for 17m and Huntelaar for 12m???? Both will cost atleast 20m. Hunter probably even close to 30m(Real Madrid). And why forget about Grosso and Alonso?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003

Hunter?12mil?:howler:

And what about LB?we sell MOlinaro,loan out De Ceglie,and who will play LB?

Chiellini?!

Common,all you suggested just wont happen.

Amauri,Alonso,Riise/Grosso,Marquez/Lugano/Barzagli

that what has more chances to happen...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Merseyside Police recently pulled over John Arne Riise on the M62.

Apparently he was heading in the wrong direction.

almir_87

Jun 21, 2007

Stendardo is not ours..Lazio only loan him for six months,for Blasi we get only 1.7 milions, and Zala will stay another year with Napoli too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)