Joao Felix - AM/SS - Benfica (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Selling Dybala to buy some anonymous guy with 10 good gamea in a Mickey Mouse league would be a truly Seccoesque masterstroke.
It's ok man. Some posters clearly locked up their brain cells in some cold, dark place and are having a hard time relocating them.

A Joao Felix for 60 million is ok, but 120 million for an unknown is beyond highway robbery. If this kid is going for 100+ then Dybala should easily be worth 200+

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's ok man. Some posters clearly locked up their brain cells in some cold, dark place and are having a hard time relocating them.

A Joao Felix for 60 million is ok, but 120 million for an unknown is beyond highway robbery. If this kid is going for 100+ then Dybala should easily be worth 200+
120M is definitely too much for an unknown player - Playing for Benfica means unknown.. (No disrespect for Benfica but they are not exactly playing in one of the 4 top leagues)
De Jong who is more proven than him went for 80M to Barcelona so 80M is a lot but manageable but 120M is a joke!

As for Dybala - Sorry but we need to sell him unless we change the way we play - He is ineffective! Im not saying its his fault as I do think he has much more quality than shown but at our current system Dybala just doesnt fit!

As for Joao Felix - Im sure they will budge a bit in the end - everyone budge as if the player asks for something he will get it..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So we can't figure out an appropriate position for Dybala but we are ready to spend 100 million on a new second striker?

He'd be the most expensive substitute in the world.
Exactly, makes no sense, less proven, the same positional issues in set up, costs 120m after playing less then 30 games. Yeah not getting the idea on this despite being an exciting talent.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2007
I just want a player that can actually play between the lines better than Dybala. Dybala as the connecting player isnt going to do it. Maybe he can link with Ramsey to help but I just dont see it nor do I see the reason to switch the whole formation for him. We have Ronaldo and we have a young 9 in Kean who looks to be better at that

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
120M is definitely too much for an unknown player - Playing for Benfica means unknown.. (No disrespect for Benfica but they are not exactly playing in one of the 4 top leagues)
De Jong who is more proven than him went for 80M to Barcelona so 80M is a lot but manageable but 120M is a joke!

As for Dybala - Sorry but we need to sell him unless we change the way we play - He is ineffective! Im not saying its his fault as I do think he has much more quality than shown but at our current system Dybala just doesnt fit!

As for Joao Felix - Im sure they will budge a bit in the end - everyone budge as if the player asks for something he will get it..

The Portuguese league is not in the top 4 but given the small country we are I think we fare ok in European Competitions with Giants like Benfica and Porto:

5qvehGI.png

Then you look at the league structure and you see the big clubs, the average clubs and the smaller clubs, just like any other league. The most balanced league might be the English Premier League given the TV rights are shared between the clubs. It's one the things that I wished that happened here to give more competition to smaller teams.

Some of the strong assets of the league is the scouting, where you see a lot of players coming from South America being revealed to Europe there and later sold to other clubs. I'm not talking about proven players, I'm talking about yet to be proven players that later become gems. Scouting is serious business here. A lot of those players that currently at the highest level in Europe came from this league.

We have also some of the best Academy's in the world with Sporting's Academy launching a lot of fantastic players throughout the years and now Benfica's youth Academy Caixa Futebol Campus is one the leading Academy's in the world.

We are also the League that sells more worldwide, in the last years I think more than a billion was made selling players, that is official from UEFA reports.

Also, the National Team is the current European Champion.

Well, all in all, given we are only a 10M people country I think we're quite alright :lol3:

Last edited:

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Benfica vs Vittorio Setubal
14/4/19

3-1 to Benfica after 56 minutes

The 3rd goal scored by Felix is utterly stunning.

At 19 he would be an unbelievable acquisition for Juventus

The current buyout clause is €120m

Check out the YouTube videos tomorrow.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2007
Paratici was givin the reigns so we could prepare to be a top dog in the next 10 years. We bought Ronaldo to bring us the money and publicity not for the goals IMO. The only way you capitalize on Ronaldo is to get players that people will watch for the next decade after hes gone or else the fanboys will run away. Im not so sure we arent in a place to sign a young world talent right now if we actually believe in him. Is it this guy? I have no idea but we have the best young Italians and also some young players at other positions but we need the next global player as well bc Berna is not that nor is Kean. The next 2-3 markets will be very interesting about how we look to progress or stay the same as far as prestige and not just in results.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Benfica vs Vittorio Setubal
14/4/19

3-1 to Benfica after 56 minutes

The 3rd goal scored by Felix is utterly stunning.

At 19 he would be an unbelievable acquisition for Juventus

The current buyout clause is €120m

Check out the YouTube videos tomorrow.

1 goal more and 2 assists today :baus:

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
I don't see how a 100+ million transfer of a kid who will ride the bench for the first half of the season would be a reasonable strategy considering the fact that we need to fix our obvious weaknesses such as defense and midfield first.

It might happen only if we sell one or two players that will fund such lucrative moves in the transfer market.

Imo, we should only invest 100+ million on players who can carry this team individually like Ronaldo.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I don't see how a 100+ million transfer of a kid who will ride the bench for the first half of the season would be a reasonable strategy considering the fact that we need to fix our obvious weaknesses such as defense and midfield first.

It might happen only if we sell one or two players that will fund such lucrative moves in the transfer market.

Imo, we should only invest 100+ million on players who can carry this team individually like Ronaldo.

He only rode the bench because Benfica was coachless half-season. A normal coach would play him and other great players of the team everyday. Let's set that straight, ok?

Sep 13, 2015
He only rode the bench because Benfica was coachless half-season. A normal coach would play him and other great players of the team everyday. Let's set that straight, ok?
There's no doubt about the kid's potential. However, things function with a specific methodology when introducing new players here.

Let's be pragmatic and analyze the past transfers when we bought new players. Despite Costa's or Bernardeschi's proven abilities and tactical maturity, they rode the bench here at the beginning.

So I'm not quite sure how a super talented kid who had one great season and coming from a significantly weaker league (no disrespect) would be immediately introduced in the first team from the very beginning.

I mean even Moise Kean is not getting any love from Allegri with his current goal scoring ratio in a league where defense is considered an actual art.

I'm not against signing this kid, I'm only against the massive transfer fee that Benfica is requesting.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
There's no doubt about the kid's potential. However, things function with a specific methodology when introducing new players here.

Let's be pragmatic and analyze the past transfers when we bought new players. Despite Costa's or Bernardeschi's proven abilities and tactical maturity, they rode the bench here at the beginning.

So I'm not quite sure how a super talented kid who had one great season and coming from a significantly weaker league (no disrespect) would be immediately introduced in the first team from the very beginning.

I mean even Moise Kean is not getting any love from Allegri with his current goal scoring ratio in a league where defense is considered an actual art.

I'm not against signing this kid, I'm only against the massive transfer fee that Benfica is requesting.

You're right. I am against that too. I think the kid should stay at least one more year where he is ;)

Apr 19, 2007
You're right. I am against that too. I think the kid should stay at least one more year where he is ;)
What if thats not an option? If Dybala isnt our future then we need to look for it post Ronaldo right now. Not saying its him but saying we shouldnt worry about it yet is silly and not the way to take the leap to the next level. We have the greatest player in the world but only for 3 more years and hes not getting younger. Kean looks tp be the real deal but with Messi getting older and Ronaldo being on our team and fading soon we should try to take the mantle. Agnelli is ambitious and I think Paratici is as well. I think we might spend somewhere in the region of 100 mil this offseason if the right oppertunity comes. If we sell Dybala and also invest 50 - 100 million we could easily improve our team substantially both in the midfield and for the future

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
What if thats not an option? If Dybala isnt our future then we need to look for it post Ronaldo right now. Not saying its him but saying we shouldnt worry about it yet is silly and not the way to take the leap to the next level. We have the greatest player in the world but only for 3 more years and hes not getting younger. Kean looks tp be the real deal but with Messi getting older and Ronaldo being on our team and fading soon we should try to take the mantle. Agnelli is ambitious and I think Paratici is as well. I think we might spend somewhere in the region of 100 mil this offseason if the right oppertunity comes. If we sell Dybala and also invest 50 - 100 million we could easily improve our team substantially both in the midfield and for the future

Félix is a good option. But I hope he stays one more year where he is. I mean eventually he will not resist the next transfer window but let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)