João Cancelo (7 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Well, Cancelo didn't really light the league on fire. Not saying this move is turning water into wine, but if we get the "mixed bag of results" Cancelo again this year, are we really missing out?
I'm not going to miss him a lot, but i find the deal as a whole to be rather underwhelming.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Is he going to bench Walker or what's the idea of bringing him to City?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
he could be more of a winger, i do think he has great attacking potential. pep has a sweet spot for playing guys out of their original position. he could replace sané in their squad, play on either wings, and they could get rid of their deadwood. cancelo would cost next to nothing in oil money terms, a bargain for them.

not sure what our profit would be, besides some plusvalenza.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Define what an error is, exactly.

Missing your marker at the back post? Getting skinned by an attacker? How many of those actually lead to undo stress on the defense that ultimately led to another defender making a mistake leading to a goal?

Defend as a unit when one part breaks down the entire unit can break down as a result.

Would love to see a highlight vid of how many times he loses the ball though, as well or makes a shitty pass back that gets intercepted.

Jun 6, 2015
Those kind of stats are shit without any context. He has made plenty of defensive errors and anyone who watched us play last season should know that. Doesn't mean that he isn't a great RB when in form though.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Error leading to a goal = 0. I must have dreamt his 2 mistakes that lead to a goal against Ajax. Conceded penalty against Chievo, horror show against Atalanta, etc...

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
One of our worst players in the second part of the season but one of the bets in the world in his position on his day.

Not worried about his sale but would like a better replacement.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I'm surprised everybody has given up on him so quickly even though there are no clear upgrades on the market and swapping players for no reason only disrupts the team unit

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)