João Cancelo (21 Viewers)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I have never seen Danilo play, TBH.

I just know that 90% of this forum was fapping about him when he was at Porto and all I have left is to wish that he somehow re-finds some of that form for us.

I really doubt he can be worse than Cancelo defending, though.
Well going by his Madrid form, he's probably close to Struaro level in terms awful signings the club has made. At City he played a grand total of 9 games last season. He is THAT bad. Fabian Delph was often preferred to him at full back.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Is it possible that we made this transfer without Ronaldo giving a green light? Cancelo is Portuguese, Danilo played with Ronaldo in Real. I just don't see our directors pushing Cancelo out and bringing Danilo in, without a Yes from Ronaldo. I don't know the reason why the transfer was made, but I don't think it would have happened regardless of Ronaldo's opinion.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Is it possible that we made this transfer without Ronaldo giving a green light? Cancelo is Portuguese, Danilo played with Ronaldo in Real. I just don't see our directors pushing Cancelo out and bringing Danilo in, without a Yes from Ronaldo. I don't know the reason why the transfer was made, but I don't think it would have happened regardless of Ronaldo's opinion.
tbh I never noticed Ronaldo having any connection with Cancelo, even though they are both Portuguese.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Ronaldo would have seen how bad he was at Madrid so I'd be surprised if he gave the green light to this.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
At same time Cancelo always looked up for a cross or pass to Ronaldo. It's like he didn't care if anyone else was on field. he wanted to give the ball to CR7 at all times.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At same time Cancelo always looked up for a cross or pass to Ronaldo. It's like he didn't care if anyone else was on field. he wanted to give the ball to CR7 at all times.
Just to make myself clear, I wasn't implying that Ronaldo pushed Cancelo out of Juve, just that I don't think we would have sold Cancelo and replaced him with Danilo, without talking to Ronaldo first.
Maybe Ronaldo said "I don't care, do as you wish", or maybe Cancelo wanted out and Ronaldo was only asked about Danilo, or maybe it was something completely different... but, it still had to go through Ronaldo imo.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Just to make myself clear, I wasn't implying that Ronaldo pushed Cancelo out of Juve, just that I don't think we would have sold Cancelo and replaced him with Danilo, without talking to Ronaldo first.
Maybe Ronaldo said "I don't care, do as you wish", or maybe Cancelo wanted out and Ronaldo was only asked about Danilo, or maybe it was something completely different... but, it still had to go through Ronaldo imo.
I don't disagree with you. It seemed to me as they were friends. Or maybe Momblano was right when he said that at Juve players have no say who comes and who goes. But in this specific case i believe they must have asked about Ronaldo's opinion on Cancelo-Danilo swap.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Is Danilo really that bad guys? I havent seen him in a long time...
No, he's really not. He's at least average. And he's better than MDS.

But he wanted to leave City and they were fine to have him leave. I think they were even thinking of taking only $15M from Inter earlier in the window. So I think valuing him at something like $25M is too much considering the leverage on Man City.

Something like 40M + Danilo (as well as Danilo lowering wages) is a more reasonable deal to me if you absolutely have to sell Cancelo for whatever reason.

Also, it's annoying that we sold Spinazzola considering he could now be a starter at RB. The moves are all out of order.

Last edited:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Idk if this means anything as i don't watch city but on the Man City forum everyone loves him, and they don't understand why Pep doesn't play him more.
Idk how his attitude is but performance wise at city apparently he was solid

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
No, he's really not. He's at least average. And he's better than MDS.

But he wanted to leave City and they were fine to have him leave. I think they were even thinking of taking only $15M from Inter earlier in the window. So I think valuing him at something like $25M is too much considering the leverage on Man City.

Something like 40M + Danilo (as well as Danilo lowering wages) is a more reasonable deal to me if you absolutely have to sell Cancelo for whatever reason.

Also, it's annoying that we sold Spinazzola considering he could now be a starter at RB. The moves are all out of order.
Inter’s offer at 15m was deemed too low and rejected by City, and he indeed took a pay cut to join us, I can live with 35+Danilo but not 30

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Im OK with this deal. Can't worse than a off-form Cancelo.

He is older, big deal. Won't be the last attacking RB in European soccer. Might turn out better than Cancelo could have been

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
it would be funny if a club that gives a coach ( with five successful seasons) no input on transfers was clearing them with a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)