João Cancelo (9 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Alex Sandro is great at defending, Cancelo is at least capable of doing it.
A.Sandro is pretty good at defending - I see nothing wrong in this statement
Cancelo needs to improve on defending but even though I dont like his defensive skills what worries me more about him is his lapses of concentration - Italian teams will never accept this and this is why he isnt the best choice for us.
As for attacking - He is great and thats why City want him

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible decision to sell. This idea that "he can't defend" is quite overblown and seems to be something that people just blindly repeat.

I'm not saying he's the best defensive fullback but our defensive record in the first half of last season with him was incredible. We barely conceded any goals and most we did were Bonucci's fault. Our two worst defensive performances in the CL (Atletico away and Ajax home) also came with MDS starting over him.

Costa staying fit and being in top form down the right would offset some of the damage from his departure, but unless that miracle happens, this decision will hurt us.
Yap he was our second problem but Bonucci can actually defend very well but his concentration level isnt what it used to be...

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to say we should have signed Ricardo Pereira instead. Cancelo can go, way too inconsistent
Why havent you mentioned him earlier?!

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
A.Sandro is pretty good at defending - I see nothing wrong in this statement
Cancelo needs to improve on defending but even though I dont like his defensive skills what worries me more about him is his lapses of concentration - Italian teams will never accept this and this is why he isnt the best choice for us.
As for attacking - He is great and thats why City want him
Alex Sandro has similar amount of brainfarts and lapses of concentration, that's why Evra was at times starting over him well past his expiration date and even Asamoah managed to bench him for a while.

if one of them is great at defending, the other should be considered at least somewhat capable, it's not like Cancelo cost us 10 goals last season.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I'm kind of sad seeing him leaving to be honest.

With a world class defender next to him and a winger/forward in front of him cutting in, I'd like to see him offering width.

But well. The board knows something more I guess.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
60 mill for cancelo to fund De Ligt is a no brainer. We have players like Spinazzola who has a far better balance and consistency about him than Cancelo does can adequately fill his role. De Ligt on the other hand is a once in a generation player. All hail Lord Paratici for this glorious deal :delpiero:
Are you serious? He is mediocre at best.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Just watched Agresti on Cancelo ( )
Basically confirms all that was said - Juve doesnt like his attitude in defense and will look for someone who is actually tracking back and can do his defensive duties. Mentions the two costly mistakes he made - vs Ajax and Atalanta. He also says that he has some attitude issues i think, but not sure here.
Doesnt say anything about Danilo - he just says Man City offer is closer to 50m while Juve expect 60.

Imo I have the same feeling as Agresti has - I like the guy, his game was pretty impressive and it will be hard to replace him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Just watched Agresti on Cancelo ( )
Basically confirms all that was said - Juve doesnt like his attitude in defense and will look for someone who is actually tracking back and can do his defensive duties. Mentions the two costly mistakes he made - vs Ajax and Atalanta. He also says that he has some attitude issues i think, but not sure here.
Doesnt say anything about Danilo - he just says Man City offer is closer to 50m while Juve expect 60.

Imo I have the same feeling as Agresti has - I like the guy, his game was pretty impressive and it will be hard to replace him.
Not hard to replace, just get Ricardo pereira

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)