João Cancelo (20 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No, injury isnt excuse for his errors in defense. We have seen this before, in the opening game against Chievo he conceded a penalty. But injury is an excuse for losing a bit of pace and then confidence when taking on players. He became more timid and unwilling to dribble down the right, not sure maybe he got different instructions as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Did we not watch him at Inter before we bought him? Is our board surprised that he has defensive weaknesses all of a sudden? This season was about what you would have expected on aggregate. But before he got hurt, he showed something special. After he got hurt, a trainwreck.

For me actually, his top form was better than I expected. I don't see how we could be surprised by him and decide to sell. Unless he is a problem in the room.
If there is any truth behind this rumor, this may be linked with Allegri wanting more control over the transfers, rumors are that he wants to have more input on characteristics etc,

I still dont know what to think of the rumor but it links well with the other one

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
yeah sure let's sell the young and good Cancelo so that De Sciglio can keep his starter position.
Please send Allegri away before he create more problems.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
No way I see Cancelo sold unless Max insists on it. Why do it Max? To go back to your defensive style of playing soccer? CR7 is the Man and no way he wants to play more defensive. And where's Cancelo from? There might be a better probability Max is asked to leave if CR7 insists on it? Though I don't believe CR7 is that type of dude.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, injury isnt excuse for his errors in defense. We have seen this before, in the opening game against Chievo he conceded a penalty. But injury is an excuse for losing a bit of pace and then confidence when taking on players. He became more timid and unwilling to dribble down the right, not sure maybe he got different instructions as well.
That's my point. Injuries don't make you an idiot in defense. He has been taking on players more, and has zero fear of dribbling and taking them on. I understand that argument completely on injuries but not defensive errors.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That's my point. Injuries don't make you an idiot in defense. He has been taking on players more, and has zero fear of dribbling and taking them on. I understand that argument completely on injuries but not defensive errors.
Yeah, he has always been error prone in defense. We must have been aware of this before buying him. But also his current issue is that he isnt taking on players as frequently as he did in the first part of the season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, he has always been error prone in defense. We must have been aware of this before buying him. But also his current issue is that he isnt taking on players as frequently as he did in the first part of the season.
My bet is that Juve took a gamble thinking we could "rediscover" the old Bonucci that would compensate for Cancelo's known error proneness and that backfired a bit :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
My bet is that Juve took a gamble thinking we could "rediscover" the old Bonucci that would compensate for Cancelo's known error proneness and that backfired a bit :D
2 of them at the same time on the pitch is a nightmare. We need better midfield in front to control the game and take pressure off them, bc if we're gonna sit back and expect them to defend, then fuck it, we are gonna get screwed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
2 of them at the same time on the pitch is a nightmare. We need better midfield in front to control the game and take pressure off them, bc if we're gonna sit back and expect them to defend, then fuck it, we are gonna get screwed.
I mentioned I think yesterday if we were to sign a killer CB that is a rock star that can support his error proneness then we can more afford to have him as a RB. Bonucci is not that rock star, mind you lol

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
3-5-2 seems like the best fit for the squad, can play Dybala closer to goal (or Icardi - Ronaldo if we get him), Bonucci would be protected, Cancelo and Spin/Sandro allowed more room to attack., we shall see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)