João Cancelo (24 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We don't need a 40m back up. We do need need better (more expensive) midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

We have Rogerio as well.
Not sure Rogerio is suddenly going to be given a backup role to Sandro. Maybe, but that is wayyyyyyy off the Max we know.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How about we save our money that would be required for another winger and push Cancelo further forward instead ?
If we decide to play 3 at the back, that will also benefit Cancelo.

It would be a practical decision to sell him if an obscene offer arrives but it's just disappointing to give up on him after just one season. We made a significant investment here.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree about pushing him forward, but that will mean we need to spend to support the RB role.

I think everyone is in agreement that a 352 would be best with him in it and most benefitial to him. Not sure of any RBs on the market we can attack on the market?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the 352 is the best for next season. I have given up on Dybala but maybe a front 2 he can develop some chemistry with Ronaldo. If we go the 352 route then we will absoltuely be selling some attackers.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Selling Cancelo won't be unexpected as he's one the players that Juve can sell for a high price. But I feel like I misunderstood Allegri if Cancelo is sold at his request. For me, Cancelo is exactly what Juve's ideal right back should be.

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Not sure Rogerio is suddenly going to be given a backup role to Sandro. Maybe, but that is wayyyyyyy off the Max we know.
Why not? this is all just hypothetical speculation of course. I don't remember Max ever being hesitant to give youngsters a back up role. Rogerio is a good player and a full starter in Serie A. If he doesn't come back then he will be sold for good money eventually.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
So let's say we sell him, who do we replace him with?

Are there any great RBs out there who are not at top clubs already?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Let's fuck about with positions were secure in then run out of time and money before we address the squads glaring problems round #50 here we go!

We will forever be the nearly team and eternally the "1 or 2" players away from a CL side because every.fucking.summer. we end up with this shit.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So let's say we sell him, who do we replace him with?

Are there any great RBs out there who are not at top clubs already?
6/10 season imo, but wouldnt sell. Actually one of the last players Id consider selling. In the 1st part of the season he looked like one of the best FBs out there. I think injury slowed him down a bit. He will get back to his best next year, asuming he doesnt pick up an injury over the summer. Defensively he will always be shaky, but we have seen the difference he can make in the final 3rd.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Did we not watch him at Inter before we bought him? Is our board surprised that he has defensive weaknesses all of a sudden? This season was about what you would have expected on aggregate. But before he got hurt, he showed something special. After he got hurt, a trainwreck.

For me actually, his top form was better than I expected. I don't see how we could be surprised by him and decide to sell. Unless he is a problem in the room.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Cancelo is a great player when on form. Whatever we decide to do with him I don't mind.

But if I'm honest, his style is not the one of the type of fullback I prefer

Best thing would be to convert him as a winger if he's able to make the transition

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Did we not watch him at Inter before we bought him? Is our board surprised that he has defensive weaknesses all of a sudden? This season was about what you would have expected on aggregate. But before he got hurt, he showed something special. After he got hurt, a trainwreck.

For me actually, his top form was better than I expected. I don't see how we could be surprised by him and decide to sell. Unless he is a problem in the room.
From what the GdS reporter said Allegri is tired of him not listening to his instructions. He's either incapable of what Allegri wants him to do or just doesn't want to listen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't understand why I keep seeing this "injury" excuse for poor form popping up lately.

Does an injury make you make stupid mistakes in defense? He has pace going forward with the ball, has no problems taking on defenders when attacking. That's not really indiciative of injury recovery issues, is it?

Its annoying to see an injury months ago used to excuse shitty decisions in defense. Seems like cherry picking to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)