João Cancelo (6 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Let's sell half of our team because of his incompentence to build and attacking plan.

Crossing to CR7 and hoping for the best seems to be the only strategy.

I want him to stay, but if these reports are true I'd rather let him go.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Plusvalenza baby :donedeal:

Let's create more problems before we fix the existing ones. Let's keep all our ageing players: sound strategy :baus: :tup:

In all honesty tho, Allegri seems to have issues with a fair number of players, his fitness staff are shit, and the team looks completely lost in the final third. These are issues that need to be addressed.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
@Mark, thoughts on these rumors? Do you think they’re all coming from the same source now, or is there truth to it? I recall Cancelo wanting to stay here and saying allegri is a great coach

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Yeah i don't believe these,
he said that he wanted to see him higher up the pitch, maybe he wants to play a winger-less formation and doesn't believe have faith in Cancelo defensively at fullback.

But i still don't believe these rumors at all, at worst he is negotiating a new contract, but its still all probably bullshit

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I thought it was BS until now, but Nico Schira is a fairly reliable reporter, he wouldn't just make something up. Plus those comments didn't like themselves...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Plusvalenza baby :donedeal:

Let's create more problems before we fix the existing ones. Let's keep all our ageing players: sound strategy :baus: :tup:

In all honesty tho, Allegri seems to have issues with a fair number of players, his fitness staff are shit, and the team looks completely lost in the final third. These are issues that need to be addressed.
Is Cancelo solving more problems lately than he is causing?

We are entering a weird summer where soooooo many players that underperformed can be at risk of being sold. Not saying yes or no to this, but I can see why he might be on the market. He is already going the Sandro route, its crazy to see such good players head south so quickly. Baffling, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Cancelo open to Man City move?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus are reportedly open to letting Joao Cancelo leave for €50-60m and Manchester City are eager to take on the Portugal international.
According to both La Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport, Cancelo’s experience in Turin could be over after just one season.
He cost €40m to bring in from Valencia, having spent last term on loan at Inter, but has shown difficulties in defending and made some costly errors, particularly in the Champions League.
His rapport with Coach Max Allegri is also said to be tense, as the tactician regularly shouts instructions from the touchline to no avail.
If Cancelo is indeed on the market for around €50-60m, then the most likely option for him would be Manchester City, who are always on the look-out for full-backs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)