João Cancelo (47 Viewers)

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Mixed feelings for this guy ...I want him to stay ...but his errors are fatal ....give him another chance ...this is his first season and..

am sure 100% we will not cover his absence ....we will have deep...very deep hole to cover up ....

Stay please

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Lets sell this lazy player. He's a good link with CR7 in attack so he's interfering in our attacking plan

BTW now I want Max to stay for ever, we are so gonna get everything and the best out of CR7 next year. I can see it clearly

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I do think he has had a very bad second half of the season, ever since the injury he had late December. He also seems far from confident going into attacks and defending.

He also retweeted/liked a post about a pundit calling Allegri a coward.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I want him to stay, but this bafflement and outrage over him possibly leaving is honestly confusing.

He has been pretty bad ever since his surgery, that's 5 months now, more than he's been good. Other players get called out for much less.

He has been one of the main culprits for eliminations in the Coppa and CL. I don't think Ajax score if he doesn't give them that goal. And overall on the season he's made almost as many errors leading to goals as Bonucci did.

If it was De Sciglio or Khedira or someone like that we wouldn't hear the end of it. He needs to get his shit together.

As far as replacement goes, I would go for a good, solid FB like Lichtsteiner was when we bought him. Sidibe from Monaco comes to mind. Maybe Hysaj.

Idk how Henrichs is developing at Monaco. He was a huge talent when he broke through at Leverkusen.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I want him to stay, but this bafflement and outrage over him possibly leaving is honestly confusing.

He has been pretty bad ever since his surgery, that's 5 months now, more than he's been good. Other players get called out for much less.

He has been one of the main culprits for eliminations in the Coppa and CL. I don't think Ajax score if he doesn't give them that goal. And overall on the season he's made almost as many errors leading to goals as Bonucci did.

If it was De Sciglio or Khedira or someone like that we wouldn't hear the end of it. He needs to get his shit together.

As far as replacement goes, I would go for a good, solid FB like Lichtsteiner was when we bought him. Sidibe from Monaco comes to mind. Maybe Hysaj.

Idk how Henrichs is developing at Monaco. He was a huge talent when he broke through at Leverkusen.
This. Seriously.

We overpaid for Cancelo hoping that he could become great. He still might. Did he play like a 40 million fullback this season? No, not at all. Seeing what we've seen of him here and at Inter, two seasons now, would you sign Cancelo for 40m? that's a no from me.

If a team comes with such a bid it makes all the sense in the world to consider it. Keeping him or selling him are reasonable options as he has not been great, but he has some potential, it can swing both ways. Don't see the reason for outrage/

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The guy can cross, we need that. But we don't need his brainfarts at the back. Should be backup in defense, nothing more there. In offense, he can be a force for sure, but he and Max need to be on the same page and it looks like they aren't. If that is an issue, then Max will win 99 times out of 100.

I love MDS but he should not be the starter here, but if it comes down to having to choose between MDS & Cancelo, unfortuantley Cancelo should be on the bench because I would rather have a defender that can defend rather than a defender that can't but occassionaly provides in attack.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019

I disagree with that, a lot of players get called out for much less yes, but after several years. Bonucci is the first one, a guy we kept for 7 years and not happy we even bought him again. Dybala is the first time he is openly criticized and this is 4th year here, Khedira despite all the the critics he gets and the fact he was injuried all the year, still got a new contract and a payraise. Meanwhile Cancelo is the very first year here, was a beast until December then got a knee surgery and he recovered in just a month, yes after that he's garbage but considering how conservative we are with certain player it's sounds weird that we want to sell him.

But despite all these things that are debatable, i'll never sell Cancelo only for one reason: we have midfield to rebuild, a strong CB to buy plus we are going to buy Chiesa for something like 70m. Buy a strong RB too it's impossible this summer.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
You want to rebuild a midfield, buy a strong CB, and a strong forward. Where is this money coming from? it could come from a underperforming and overpriced RB.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Stop it. Cancelo is not trash, I mean, he wasn't even playing during our biggest failures that seem to trigger all Juve fans these days. De Sciglio played against both Atletico and Ajax when we played like shit.

Cancelo is the least of our problems, he's great going forward and has created a bunch goals this season. Defensively, he's not THAT bad.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Stop it. Cancelo is not trash, I mean, he wasn't even playing during our biggest failures that seem to trigger all Juve fans these days. De Sciglio played against both Atletico and Ajax when we played like shit.

Cancelo is the least of our problems, he's great going forward and has created a bunch goals this season. Defensively, he's not THAT bad.
Did anyone suggest he was our biggest problem? No. He is a problem, however. Needs to get his shit together.

And yes, defensively the guy has been horrible in the 2nd half of the season. He gets beat far too easily for a "defender". And its not world class players skinning him alive either. Fairly medicore players can get behind him without much of a fuss.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #835
    @Mark, thoughts on these rumors? Do you think they’re all coming from the same source now, or is there truth to it? I recall Cancelo wanting to stay here and saying allegri is a great coach
    too soon. His agent is Mendes so maybe in 2 years.

Soloist

Feb 2, 2019
    You want to rebuild a midfield, buy a strong CB, and a strong forward. Where is this money coming from? it could come from a underperforming and overpriced RB.
    Not even selling Dani Alves in his prime could give you enough money for that, this is exactly my point. And it's our board that wants Chiesa at any cost, i don't mind buying him, but he is really expensive, which means we won't have the resource to fix the RB spot too

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    The guy can cross, we need that. But we don't need his brainfarts at the back. Should be backup in defense, nothing more there. In offense, he can be a force for sure, but he and Max need to be on the same page and it looks like they aren't. If that is an issue, then Max will win 99 times out of 100.

I love MDS but he should not be the starter here, but if it comes down to having to choose between MDS & Cancelo, unfortuantley Cancelo should be on the bench because I would rather have a defender that can defend rather than a defender that can't but occassionaly provides in attack.
    If Cancelo is sold , we need a new RB

I agree about his defensive frailties but I simply can't justify having a bang average fullback like De Sciglio becoming the starting fullback for Juventus. He is just an okay defender and literally has no skills going forward.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    If Cancelo is sold , we need a new RB

I agree about his defensive frailties but I simply can't justify having a bang average fullback like De Sciglio becoming the starting fullback for Juventus. He is just an okay defender and literally has no skills going forward.
    I basically said the same thing in the transfer thread...it sorta causes us a problem now. We need a better CB at defending than Bonucci that can cover for him when he goofs or runs up. It isn't a great thing when you have Bonucci behind you IMO. Look how often Chiellini is there to cover for our LB.

I agree about MDS not starting, but, if Cancelo is sold then we absolutely need a RB...if we push him to attack, same problem, we need a new RB. If Max and he are genuinely having issues then I think we are in trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)