João Cancelo (9 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
2nd good game in a row, still by no means the finished article and will have tougher matches ahead
Far from a finished article if we're talking RB position.
Am I the only one noticing that he struggles with positioning and covering his man, as well as allowing tons of crosses? All the goals we conceded were pretty much the same and they all involved Cancelo/Cuadrado giving the opponents too much time and space for a perfect cross. Then the ball goes over BonBon and the striker scores. The only goal we conceded this season that didn't look as explained above, was the penalty Cancelo made on Giaccherini.
And on every match Bonucci and Chiellini save our asses at least 4-5 times after Cancelo or Cuadrado let those easy crosses in our box.

On the other hand, with him and Bonucci our defense can hardly be pressed. Agree with all of you that the kid is brilliant going forward. Much more positives than negatives in his play, but he'll have to learn defense.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Am I the only one noticing that he struggles with positioning and covering his man, as well as allowing tons of crosses? All the goals we conceded were pretty much the same and they all involved Cancelo/Cuadrado giving the opponents too much time and space for a perfect cross. Then the ball goes over BonBon and the striker scores. The only goal we conceded this season that didn't look as explained above, was the penalty Cancelo made on Giaccherini.
And on every match Bonucci and Chiellini save our asses at least 4-5 times after Cancelo or Cuadrado let those easy crosses in our box.

On the other hand, with him and Bonucci our defense can hardly be pressed. Agree with all of you that the kid is brilliant going forward. Much more positives than negatives in his play, but he'll have to learn defense.
Vs Sassoulo and Valencia he showed very good defensive effort and actions. So that's 2 games he has shown he is improving rapidly in that department.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ricardo.

Pereira.

:Klin:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Don't lie, Osman. You want Ricardo Pereira too.

And there is no where better to do it than here. I for one believe that having Cancelo and Bonucci in our team is very much a net positive. We will concede fewer goals because we will have much more of the ball.

Tonight would not have been a win last season imo

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Defensively, he was as good as Cuadrado this game. Which is an improvement from start of the season. And did well vs Sassuolo. Good omen.

With the ball, same as always: controls the flank like at Inter.

Going to be huge for us in the CL.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Is this for real? Did we just our hands on yet another amazing fullback that teams with shitty management will want to buy? Teams struggle for years to get their hands on 1 good fullback and we have two.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Defensively, he was as good as Cuadrado this game. Which is an improvement from start of the season. And did well vs Sassuolo. Good omen.

With the ball, same as always: controls the flank like at Inter.

Going to be huge for us in the CL.
yup, he's a younger version of a certain brazilian cunt who played for us for a year, then didn't show up for a cl final. hopefully cancelo is a more reliable person.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

:tup:

Though I'd be a bit more harsh: so far, he has been one crappy defender.
While he's pretty impressive at everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)