João Cancelo (9 Viewers)

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Just gotta love Cancelo. He brings so much offense to the table - dribblings, crosses, speed.
Yesterday he was MotM for me, gave us the 1-0 and and ran across the pitch all game.

If he improves his defending, we have a world class RB right here.
His last two games were solid defensively, and he certainly will improve at Juve.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And Inter decided not to buy this guy :hihi:
to be fair, we're lucky they had an unfavorable ffp agreement with uefa. they intended to buy both cancelo and rafinha, but they couldn't sell enough players to be in line with their ffp agreement. anyway, i'm happy that cancelo is here. he's a step above d'ambrosio or whoever plays for inda in that position, and also above licht and ds. i thought he was quite expensive for 40,4m (what a number btw, also in line with valencia's ffp obligations), and he proves himself a bargain. very, very promising player.

Jun 6, 2015
to be fair, we're lucky they had an unfavorable ffp agreement with uefa. they intended to buy both cancelo and rafinha, but they couldn't sell enough players to be in line with their ffp agreement. anyway, i'm happy that cancelo is here. he's a step above d'ambrosio or whoever plays for inda in that position, and also above licht and ds. i thought he was quite expensive for 40,4m (what a number btw, also in line with valencia's ffp obligations), and he proves himself a bargain. very, very promising player.
Inter didn't even really try to negotiate with Valencia. Letting a player that has the potential to be the best in his position go so easily is just incompetence. I think it was clear very early on that he was a bargain.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Love the energy this dude brings. If he can knuckle down and work on his defensive game then we officially have the best full back pair in the world.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
‘Cancelo can be world’s best’
By Football Italia staff
Cancelo-1809-Valencia-epa.jpg
EPA.png

Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri wants to see improvements from Joao Cancelo, as he believes he can be “the world’s best” right-back.
The Portuguese international was impressive against Valencia last night, also showing good defensive discipline, which he may have lacked at Inter.
“I don’t know about last year,” Allegri shrugged, speaking to JTV.
“I know that this year he’s already improved a bit, but he still needs to improve because he has extraordinary qualities.
“He still has to improve, because he’s still missing a little something to be the best in the world.”

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Is there any Inter player that refused to be sold or something, allowing us to get Cancelo? If so, we should buy him as a thank you :D

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Why even have an option to buy in the first place? Exceptionally bad financial planning no matter how you look at it.
Because Valencia would loan for free one of their best player valued 35m for free.
They actually thought Inter would've paid the fee they agreed upon it.
They coudn't agree on a obligation to buy due to ffp rules. They could avoid ffp with loan and option to buy

Kian

Jul 22, 2011
Love the energy this dude brings. If he can knuckle down and work on his defensive game then we officially have the best full back pair in the world.
Wouldn’t we need a great LB for that? Sorry but Alex Sandro has been average for at least a year now. He was absolutely horrible yesterday. Out of position so many times... He has a lot to prove before we can talk about the best full backs in the world. One good season means absolutely nothing. Real‘s FBs are much better for now tbh

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He was absolutely horrible yesterday. Out of position so many times... He has a lot to prove before we can talk about the best full backs in the world. One good season means absolutely nothing. Real‘s FBs are much better for now tbh
Was he? Do you have any specific episode in mind?
I have time to rewatch the game today on my job, so I'll try to keep an eye on it.

Kian

Jul 22, 2011
Was he? Do you have any specific episode in mind?
I have time to rewatch the game today on my job, so I'll try to keep an eye on it.
Just watch the game and u will see. I have 2 episodes that made me furious (imagine what Allegri thinks then) but it was more than just that. One was when he unnecessarily tried to dribble the ball out the back at the edge of our penalty box and he was lucky to get a foul. Could have passed, could have cleared it or whatever. But he was totally unaware. The other one was when Douglas Costa was on already and he pushed the call forward like a headless chicken and didn’t pass it on the left wing. He lost inevitability lost the ball and didn’t track back. Valencia was on the break then.. Costa actually had to track back to cover for him but we were lucky that Valencia was just too bad and misplaced an easy pass. I feel like Alex Sandro has all the tools u need to be a world class full back but for some reason he plays stupid football. And he didn’t really do that 2 seasons ago. But like I said just watch it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
When this guy is playing he is just something different. We can be happy when Dybala or Sandro beat their opponents, but its this guy who makes constant havoc in the enemies defense.
Most in form player right now together with Bernardeschi. Can really do wonders for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)