João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri has mentioned cuadrado as a RB plenty of times and solidified his views by playing him as a RB but he might change his mind...don’t discuss

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As a starting RB sure.
ive been thinking this as well

.............Benatia Chiellini..................
........................................LB..........
.........................Pjanic....................
...............Can.................................
Cuadrado........................................
....................................LCM...........
.............................................Costa
...............Dybala............................
..........................Icardi...................

same thing with Cancelo

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
As a starting RB sure.
Except Cancelo is a natural RB and would probably defend better in our setup/or be offered more support in defense. I mean there's a possibility we start both Cancelo and Cuadrado in some games.

Cuadrado's role in this squad is that of a utility player who will be used at RB if necessary.

End of story. There's nothing much to discuss about this since signing a starter level RB almost buries the Cuadrado at RB idea for next season.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Cancelo "natural RB," "defend better," and "starter level." :D

You'll find out how natural/good a defender he is and how often he starts if we sign him lol.

But not likely to happen. We can't be willing to buy him outright or pay 40m, and Valencia surely isn't interested in loaning him out for two seasons in a row.

Only way it'll happen is Cancelo really pushes for it given no other good team is interested bc he's braindead and not good enough. But that's a very small chance.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Fact we're looking at Cancelo should tell you Allegri is looking to play an attacking RB in addition to Alex Sandro - even though very un-Italian-like - in an attempt to win the CL.

Defensively, Cancelo is far worse than Cuadrado. Ditto in terms of decision-making. Makes odd passes and gives ball away needlessly.
If you include inconsistent, you have yourself a Cuadrado.

You seem to forget Cuadrado's progress has ended years ago whereas Cancelo still has a lot to learn and can improve. But still I don't think we'll buy him at the prices mentioned.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
If you include inconstent, you have yourself a Cuadrado.

You seem to forget Cuadrado's progress has ended years ago whereas Cancelo still has a lot to learn and can improve. But still I don't think we'll buy him at the prices mentioned.
This forum has a habit of overhyping players who perform in big games but remain largely inconsistent in the rest than those who perform week in week out

It's why Morata is so popular here while Higuain gets shat on for being consistent

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Ciro Venerato of RAI says it's done[also said pellegrini was so...grain of salt please].
5 years, 3m bonuses included.
Pjaca to Valencia. Doesn't say if it's a loan, sold, recompra...

:shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Except Cancelo is a natural RB and would probably defend better in our setup/or be offered more support in defense. I mean there's a possibility we start both Cancelo and Cuadrado in some games.

Cuadrado's role in this squad is that of a utility player who will be used at RB if necessary.

End of story. There's nothing much to discuss about this since signing a starter level RB almost buries the Cuadrado at RB idea for next season.
Obviously. There is a reason why, our coach, the guy we pay to make the choices told the world where his future is. We spent over 80m buying players to play his traditional spot. He will fill the gaps either as a winger or RB.

Don't see how people are denying what the coach said lol

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ive been thinking this as well

.............Benatia Chiellini..................
........................................LB..........
.........................Pjanic....................
...............Can.................................
Cuadrado........................................
....................................LCM...........
.............................................Costa
...............Dybala............................
..........................Icardi...................

same thing with Cancelo
You know what I've noticed? Pay attention over the coming days, look over old posts or whatever...There are people that were saying Cancelo can't defend well but can attack well. Isn't that the SAME argument people were using to justify and/or argue against Cuadrado filling in and possibly taking over the RB spot? I'd use Cuads as our RB and use that 40m to invest in the midfield because that's what I think our priority is at the moment, that's why I keep using (and will keep using) Cuadrado as our RB in make believe formations.

Hopefully we buy a RB that works well for us budget permitting. My point is, if you look hard enough you will probably find someone that doesn't want Cancelo because he can't defend but is willing to use Cuadrado there or vice versa.

I don't care to be honest, I'd like a new RB but one can't deny what Max said either. Maybe that was before the Cancelo opportunity came along and throws them all back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)