João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Ciro Venerato of Rai:

Cancelo is going to Juventus. He will sign a 5-year deal worth €3m net, that includes bonuses & add-ons. He will be Juve's third signing after Perin and Can.

Pjaca is heading the other way, towards Valencia

- - - Updated - - -

Superdeporte among other Spanish media outlets also claim that Cancelo to Juventus is 100% done, case closed. The fee for the operation is believed to be ~€40m. The player has a total agreement with Juventus

ClaudiOHHH

Jul 8, 2011
I feel like we have already reinforced our defense and it is already better than last year's

CB: Chiellini, Benatia, Caldara, Rugani
LB: Alex Sandro / [New Signing]
RB: Spinazzola / De Sciglio

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You know what I've noticed? Pay attention over the coming days, look over old posts or whatever...There are people that were saying Cancelo can't defend well but can attack well. Isn't that the SAME argument people were using to justify and/or argue against Cuadrado filling in and possibly taking over the RB spot? I'd use Cuads as our RB and use that 40m to invest in the midfield because that's what I think our priority is at the moment, that's why I keep using (and will keep using) Cuadrado as our RB in make believe formations.

Hopefully we buy a RB that works well for us budget permitting. My point is, if you look hard enough you will probably find someone that doesn't want Cancelo because he can't defend but is willing to use Cuadrado there or vice versa.

I don't care to be honest, I'd like a new RB but one can't deny what Max said either. Maybe that was before the Cancelo opportunity came along and throws them all back to the drawing board.
the main problem for people is that we spend 40M on Cancelo when we have Cuads whos basically the same type of player. but to me, this isnt a problem, and i have no problem having both here. 1st off, Cancelo is much younger, is already one of the best fullbacks in Italy, and will only get better. potentially one of the best in the world, so 40M is fair. 2nd, our depth in attack and on the wings is still questionable with some key players leaving and we dont know who we gonna get yet, so Cuads would be getting playing time in advanced roles as well as at RB. problem is, what with De Sciglio? he would be getting more time on the left next season i think

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

so Valencia needs 40M for FFP and now they are ready to take Pjaca? something is off

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel like we have already reinforced our defense and it is already better than last year's

Spinazzola won't be a part of this team until after December. No way will he be match fit int he first half of the season and even if he is he will still get the Allegri treatment.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
All this talk of potential. Potential is just something that hasn't happened yet but isn't entirely impossible. I mean I have the potential to walk down the street and bang Niki Minaj but that doesn't mean it is likely

Is Cancelo likely to be world class? Or does he have the potential to be world class? Stuaro has the potential to be a footballer but that doesn't look likely.

40 million is a lot of pescado. I would want to be sure before dropping that amount on a full back

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Raisport reports that Cancelo to Juve is a done deal with Pjaca going the other way, and that the Portuguese fullback will sign a 5-year contract with Juve worth 3m per year.

Today's Gazzetta also says that Juventus are close to signing Cancelo in a cash (~15m) + Pjaca deal.

Also La Stampa is reporting that Juventus have offered Pjaca to Valencia in a deal to bring Joao Cancelo to Turin

Jul 13, 2010

Spinazzola will play on the left as he played whole of last season. And then cancelo will rotate with mds

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Great deal if true :tup: Props to Beppe for taking his pills

Pjaca wasn't going anywhere developmentwise and we needed an improvement over De Shittio and it should not be Dumpian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)