João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sabatini on Inter youth and Cancelo
By Football Italia staff

Ex-Inter director Walter Sabatini believes they’ll “cash in” on youth team champions, but he’d be “annoyed” if Juventus got Joao Cancelo.

Sabatini resigned his post a couple of months ago in protest at Suning Group’s strategy, having been hired to co-ordinate both the San Siro club and Jiangsu Suning in the Chinese Super League.

Last night, the Nerazzurri beat Fiorentina 2-0 in extra time to take the Primavera youth team Scudetto for the second year running.

“The youth team really does represent the heritage of the business, of Inter and of Suning,” Sabatini told FCInter1908.it.

“I am very happy for the lads, especially as this success isn’t just for them, but produce revenue, because the players who win are always more appetising on the transfer market.

“Inter need to cash in, so my compliments to the lads and everyone at Inter who contributed to this success. I am no longer there, but I expect these players will be sold to raise funds and can be brought back with options and clauses.”

Sabatini negotiated to get Cancelo on loan from Valencia last summer with a €40m option to buy, but Inter refused to pay it and he now seems to be on his way to Juventus for a similar fee.

When asked about this, Sabatini’s response was – adjusted for a family site – this: “If that happens, I’ll get really annoyed.” :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Could be, didn't deny that but Max says a lot of bullshit every week... Like "I still have to decide the rest of the 11"...

I really didn't like Cuadrado's performances at RB....

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Very odd move if we decide to splash out the $ for him, but I'll take it. Even if he sucks, he'll have more offensive output than De Sciglio at least..

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Very odd move if we decide to splash out the $ for him, but I'll take it. Even if he sucks, he'll have more offensive output than De Sciglio at least..
It's odd for Marotta because it would be the correct move for once. Probably a bright period in his Alzheimer's, may it last til August

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When? Must 've missed that and sounds bullshit since we're looking all over the place for fullbacks.
Tuesday May 8 2018
“Cuadrado has done well as a right-back. He made some mistakes against Inter with the timing of the runs, but he just needs more practice.
https://www.football-italia.net/121080/allegri-juve-can-make-history

Saturday April 28 2018
“I thought about it last Sunday. He did well and scored the goal. He got a couple of diagonal runs wrong, but we need to work on it.”
https://www.football-italia.net/120621/allegri-youre-ruining-game

Still looking for the exact source of when he said that Juan's future is at RB.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Both times he mentionned him as RB it was pointing out mistakes and what he got wrong, its hardly a ringing endorsement for wanting to use him further in the role, people should just take it for what it was, an emergency solution.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Both times he mentionned him as RB it was pointing out mistakes and what he got wrong, its hardly a ringing endorsement for wanting to use him further in the role, people should just take it for what it was, an emergency solution.
what about this then?

Allegri: Juve need Dybala’s goals
By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri 'expects’ Paulo Dybala to score the goals that clinch Juventus another Scudetto and 'doesn’t think’ the striker will leave for Bayern Munich.

Dybala had been linked with a €100m switch to Bayern earlier on Friday, but Allegri insists the Argentine will have a key role to play in Juve’s final four games of the season, with a domestic double in the offing.

“Training? Mandzukic is out, we hope to have him back against Milan,” he continued at a Press conference for Saturday’s clash with Bologna.

“Buffon will play in goal and will also play in the Coppa. Dybala and Higuain will play. I expect the goals we need for the Scudetto from them.

“in midfield, it’ll be one of Marchisio and Bentancur. Cuadrado fullback? Certainly that’s his future, but I still haven’t decided about tomorrow.

“Bernardeschi still doesn’t have 90 minutes in his legs, but his hunger and desire to win must be an example for everyone. He’s grown a lot mentally.

“Paulo’s an important player for us, he’s had a great season and he has what it takes to become one of the best players in world football.

“However, it’s up to him. Paulo’s focused and he wants to give a lot more to Juventus. I don’t think he’ll leave.”
https://www.football-italia.net/120888/allegri-juve-need-dybalas-goals

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
This Cuadrado at RB thing is still going on I see. Luckily it was only an emergency move.
What emergency? We had the same emergency the whole season.

Chances are it'll go on for a while given allegri said his future is there and he performed well. Plus cuadra at rb isn't something new. He played there for Lecce and NT. Just didn't see it happening under allegri, but he's a man of surprises.

Cuadra and potentially Cancelo as RB options tells you we'll stick with the system we ended the season with: 433 with RB overlapping big time and Dybala mostly playing a central, playmaker role, DC on left.

Tuttosport reports
Lol

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
What emergency? We had the same emergency the whole season.

Chances are it'll go on for a while given allegri said his future is there and he performed well. Plus cuadra at rb isn't something new. He played there for Lecce and NT. Just didn't see it happening under allegri, but he's a man of surprises.

Cuadra and potentially Cancelo as RB options tells you we'll stick with the system we ended the season with: 433 with RB overlapping big time and Dybala mostly playing a central, playmaker role, DC on left.

Lol
It's a big no with Alex Sandro and Cuadrado; it would be a horror movie or a comedy at best.

Besides we're looking at Cancelo and have Alex Sandro, De Sciglio and Spinazzola ('though injured) already here. It might happen in a 3-5-2, probably not in a 4-men backline.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It's a big no with Alex Sandro and Cuadrado; it would be a horror movie or a comedy at best.

Besides we're looking at Cancelo and have Alex Sandro, De Sciglio and Spinazzola ('though injured) already here. It might happen in a 3-5-2, probably not in a 4-men backline.
Fact we're looking at Cancelo should tell you Allegri is looking to play an attacking RB in addition to Alex Sandro - even though very un-Italian-like - in an attempt to win the CL.

Defensively, Cancelo is far worse than Cuadrado. Ditto in terms of decision-making. Makes odd passes and gives ball away needlessly.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He DID say, as I and others have pointed out, that his future is RB. It’s a fact from the horses mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for finding it:tup:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
But Allegri could change his mind as well depending on the new signings(our mercato) ?

Why should we treat something what he said like 4 months ago as certain to happen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)