João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve negotiate Cancelo terms
By Football Italia staff

Reports continue to spread that Juventus are negotiating with Valencia for Joao Cancelo, who is fresh from a loan spell at Inter.

The right-back impressed in Serie A this season, but Inter are unable to activate the purchase option for €40m due to Financial Fair Play considerations.

Juve dived in :beppe: and, according to the Corriere dello Sport and Marca, negotiations are intensifying to reach an agreement.

Superdeporte claimed a deal was practically done, but the Bianconeri are trying to change the terms to spread out the cost.

Unlike Inter, it would be an obligation to buy at the end of the season for €30-35m after €5-6m for the one-year loan.

It is widely reported that Cancelo has given the all-clear and agreed a five-year contract with Juventus for €2.5m per season.:beppe:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What a typical Beppe signing. Player goes to inter on loan, decent player, they can't afford him, spends the season getting serie A experience...leaves inter, Beppe swoops in like the mighty Phoenix that he is and takes him.

:beppe:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We actually have a good relationship with Valencia.

This could happen, but doubt that we will pay that amount.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Tiago was the last Portuguese player to play for us huh ?

We've had a pretty poor history with Portuguese players at this club havent we

Paolo Sousa, Andrade, Tiago, am i forgetting anybody else ?
Imagine if we had signed CR, he would’ve been playing for Parma right now..

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Still dont know what to think of this rumor, he is not a terrible player, of course, but he's not good either, he is what an average player from a midtable team is, I mean it is us and Wolverhampton that want him, that says a lot. Similar to that world beater and second coming of Cafu that almost noone ever heard of and cared about, who was only wanted by mighty Leicester and eventually got there.

If the management likes and rates him, and they do sign him, I will ofcourse welcome him and wish him good luck and hope he can deliver and justify his price, which is not exactly pocket change and peanuts. I still hope that somehow we miss out on him, from what I've seen of him, he is the definition of a pussssy, he looks like one, moves like one and plays like one.

Some are saying that he was a key player for merda and was one of the top performers for them, but that doesnt mean much, as we are talking about an irrelevant club with ambition and pedigree completely different and insignificant to ours, Quags was a key and top performer for his team, so was Mandragora, so was Cerri for Perugia, should we make them all starters for a powerhouse like Juve?

We dont need to waste money on a right back, as what we have already is enough, Cuadrado and De Sciglio are enough, ASandro has to accept his new contract and then add another player for the left back and we are set. Fullback positions are not the most important roles in nowadays football and the CL runner up is a prove for that statement. It doesnt really mater who you have as RB and LB, if you are weak, uncreative and static in midfield and poor and wasteful in attack.

We need a serious and ambitious reinforsement in midfield, I like Can and think he can be a very useful player and all, but he is not enough. A Sergej, a Pogba, a Veratti, a Modric, a Kovacic, a Rakitic and so on, several teams have players of great quality, some of them are young and have even more room for improvement, others are experienced enough and have history of winning important matches, tournaments and leagues, we need to improve even more our winning mentality and eventually conquer that next and last top level of football, that we are well familiar with, but only as a participant and a pretender, and not an actual winner...

francesco0924

Jul 12, 2016
I don't know him very well , cause i am not used to watch Inter's matches . However , i would like to say some things about this negotiation.
I think that in today's football is decisive to have fullbacks that be fast, able to make the cross and to have a good technique. Infact, the last winners of Champions Leagues had lateral defenders with this qualities. Cancelo seems me have just these skills. Of course he must improve in defense and to play with others, but he can do it with us (Alex Sandro prove it).
Besides, we have lost two men on the wings and therefore we need to cover this hole; otherwise, we could be uncovered during the season.
The only doubt i have is the price that is expensive, but i am sure that our management will obtain a discount.
At last, i think that this can be a well coup, because Cancelo is the best we can take.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Everybody though €26m was overpriced for Alex Sandro and now we dive in on a €40m offer for a new fullback it seems a good deal? I think Cancelo is interesting but €40m is expensive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)