João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's Cancelo the Dumpian deal :baus: :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

We wouldn't pay €20M for Darmian but will spend double now? Speaking in just numerical terms, this doesn't sound realistic.
One is a young player with potential whose club are reluctant to sell, but they need the money.

The other is a 29 year old who's surplus to requirements and has already peaked.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We wouldn't pay €20M for Darmian but will spend double now? Speaking in just numerical terms, this doesn't sound realistic.
We’ve done something similar before (though not as extreme). We nearly signed Siqueira, but then suddenly spent €25m on Alex Sandro, who only had a year left on his contract. One of the few times we’ve done such a thing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
0 chance of paying 40m at any point and 0 chance buying him outright this summer. Can only be a loan.

Not bad as Cuadrado insurance - we need one - even though I'd rather the other RB is a more defensive option and not similar attacking type and braindead.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
According to Corriere dello Sport, Joao Cancelo has informed his agent, Jorge Mendes, that he wants to play for Juventus next season.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
0 chance of paying 40m at any point and 0 chance buying him outright this summer. Can only be a loan.

Not bad as Cuadrado insurance - we need one - even though I'd rather the other RB is a more defensive option and not similar attacking type and braindead.
This Cuadrado at RB thing is still going on I see. Luckily it was only an emergency move.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Tuttosport reports that Juventus are stepping up their interest in signing Joao Cancelo from Valencia and may offer Marko Pjaca in part-exchange.

The Portuguese right-back impressed during a season long loan spell at Inter but will return to his parent club after this summer’s World Cup in Russia.

And the Italian daily states the Old Lady are serious in their pursuit of the 24-year-old, who is rated at €40m by his parent club.

Despite securing Champions League qualification this season, Valencia need to balance the books if they are to satisfy Financial Fair Play regulations.

As such, they would be open to selling one of their prized assets, who made 26 appearances in Serie A this season.

Tuttosport claims that the Bianconeri could make a cash-plus-player offer to Valencia in a bid to drive down the price.

Pjaca, who spent the second half of the season on loan at Schalke following an injury-blighted time in Turin, would be the most likely make-weight in any potential deal.

However, the name of squad player Stefano Sturaro is also mentioned as a candidate to make the switch to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)