João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can this week (CM)

Cancelo next week (RB)

Golovin the week after (CM)

Morata/Martial if when we sell Pipita
3 of them we need, especially 2 new CM's. RB too, my bet is we don't even bother with anyone else for midfield if we manage to sign GolovIN which is why we are willing to splurge on a RB.

If we sell Higuain then I guess that means Dybala as CF? Othewise...wat?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
3 of them we need, especially 2 new CM's. RB too, my bet is we don't even bother with anyone else for midfield if we manage to sign GolovIN which is why we are willing to splurge on a RB.

If we sell Higuain then I guess that means Dybala as CF? Othewise...wat?
Back to Mandzukic at ST and we’ll probably bring back Morata to fill in as sub-Mandzukic and LM.

Personally, I’d much prefer we keep Higuaín instead.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Back to Mandzukic at ST and we’ll probably bring back Morata to fill in as sub-Mandzukic and LM.

Mario belongs as a striker anyway. Should be nowhere near the wing anymore, but are we OK with mario as the higuian replacement?

I've wanted Mario as a backup to Higs, NOT the starter.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
either way, higgy is an issue to deal with. if we keep him: he's getting slower, his wages are high, his amortization is crazy high compared to the rest of the squad, still, it's probably the last year when he has some considerable market value, it would be nearly impossible to sell him at his book value at 32. if we sell him: we need a proper replacement, and that's getting increasingly difficult on the inflated market.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
either way, higgy is an issue to deal with. if we keep him: he's getting slower, his wages are high, his amortization is crazy high compared to the rest of the squad, still, it's probably the last year when he has some considerable market value, it would be nearly impossible to sell him at his book value at 32. if we sell him: we need a proper replacement, and that's getting increasingly difficult on the inflated market.
Should we worry about this? The guy is much more of a guarantee than Mandzukic or Morata. We might not like him but we should push for the results here IMO. It's not like we'd replace him with someone better anyway. Improve the midfield and all our attackers will look much better.

Apr 19, 2007
Should we worry about this? The guy is much more of a guarantee than Mandzukic or Morata. We might not like him but we should push for the results here IMO. It's not like we'd replace him with someone better anyway. Improve the midfield and all our attackers will look much better.
Is it worth Buying SMS to get rid of Higgy and having Mandzukic or Morata in the center? I would think so. I think we really want SMS and are looking for ways to get him in the team. Dybala needs creative help for him to be successful. I think that costa, Dybala and Morata/Mandz with Sms,Pjanic and Can behind is much better than what we have now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Is it worth Buying SMS to get rid of Higgy and having Mandzukic or Morata in the center? I would think so. I think we really want SMS and are looking for ways to get him in the team. Dybala needs creative help for him to be successful. I think that costa, Dybala and Morata/Mandz with Sms,Pjanic and Can behind is much better than what we have now.
That's a hard hypothetical to prove but I think having a stellar midfield only makes our attack stronger even if the names on paper are weaker. :tup:

SMS adds a lot to the attack with his height anyway, and having someone like say, Golovin, with the ability to surge forward quickly only helps. We have abundance of pace on the wings and adding either Morata/Martial certainly helps. I love Higuain but man, does he need a very specific kind of play to thrive.

Our midfield is weak so you see our transitions suffering and you see our attackers trying to drop back to get the ball AND you see our attack trying to do more than they should. A strong and capable midfield with more muscle/steel will make Dybala turn into an entirely new player IMO.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's a hard hypothetical to prove but I think having a stellar midfield only makes our attack stronger even if the names on paper are weaker. :tup:

SMS adds a lot to the attack with his height anyway, and having someone like say, Golovin, with the ability to surge forward quickly only helps. We have abundance of pace on the wings and adding either Morata/Martial certainly helps. I love Higuain but man, does he need a very specific kind of play to thrive.

Our midfield is weak so you see our transitions suffering and you see our attackers trying to drop back to get the ball AND you see our attack trying to do more than they should. A strong and capable midfield with more muscle/steel will make Dybala turn into an entirely new player IMO.
Bolded part. This is what i think.

Our attacking line has been underperforming because they have no service. IMprove the midfield and im pretty sure all of them will go up a gear in performance.

If Higgy needs to be sacrificed for that, so be it. IM sure we will survive, even become a better team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I have nothing against Higgy, in fact i think he is a superb striker, maybe not Top of the line but he is certainly WC. My problem with him is that 1- he is getting older, so we need to sell now to not waste much money on him and 2- Playing him and dybala really limits our formations and we are forced to send dybala into the hole asa Treq, when he should be just firing shots nonstop with his left foot and thats it.

We dont need to overcomplicate dybalas job, as i dont see him thriving in that Treq role. The less you make him waste time with the ball, the better. His forte seems to be making quick decitions near the enemy area and finishing plays. He is not strong enough nor quick enough to dribble past many players and set teammates when eh is so far from goal.

Just channel dybalas job and make him a finisher.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
We need to sell Higuain this summer to break even. I know its not an area we should weaken right now but it has to be done. We will be a better team without him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Did you actually did any math before writing all of this?

Higgy goes for ~60m (that's our minimum)
Morata has to go for 60-70m (that's their minimum to not record a loss AFAIK)

Where do you find the money for SMS here? Swapping Higuain for Morata shouldn't even be considered a sideways move.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Did you actually did any math before writing all of this?

Higgy goes for ~60m (that's our minimum)
Morata has to go for 60-70m (that's their minimum to not record a loss AFAIK)

Where do you find the money for SMS here? Swapping Higuain for Morata shouldn't even be considered a sideways move.
it doesent work like that, someone explained it a while ago. if we sell Higgy for 60M, we free up enough on the books to be able to afford SMS. i wish i bookmarked that post now, but if whoever explained this is reading, please do again :)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it doesent work like that, someone explained it a while ago. if we sell Higgy for 60M, we free up enough on the books to be able to afford SMS. i wish i bookmarked that post now, but if whoever explained this is reading, please do again :)
higuain would cost 34m a year for the next 3, remaining years of his contract, including wages, amortization and stuff.

in case we bought sms for 150m with a 5-year contract, that would be 30m of yearly amortization, plus his wages (3m net, 6m gross), a total of 36m. similar costs tbh. also, he would definitely leave in 2-3 years, and with a plusvalenza, so we might be covered.

we'd still have to get a higgy replacement, though - unless it's dybala.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
higuain would cost 34m a year for the next 3, remaining years of his contract, including wages, amortization and stuff.

in case we bought sms for 150m with a 5-year contract, that would be 30m of yearly amortization, plus his wages (3m net, 6m gross), a total of 36m. similar costs tbh. also, he would definitely leave in 2-3 years, and with a plusvalenza, so we might be covered.

we'd still have to get a higgy replacement, though - unless it's dybala.

if Morata is a loan + obligation then we can squeeze both under this seasons budget i guess. which would leave us with covering the cost for Cancelo and maybe another mid like Golovin (tho unlikely we sign both him and SMS). but we also have Buffon, Asa, Licht, Khedira etc off the books, Marchisio maybe too

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

if Morata is a loan + obligation then we can squeeze both under this seasons budget i guess. which would leave us with covering the cost for Cancelo and maybe another mid like Golovin (tho unlikely we sign both him and SMS). but we also have Buffon, Asa, Licht, Khedira etc off the books, Marchisio maybe too
isn't sami staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)