Jersey 2002/2003 (1 Viewer)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Those are much better, but obviously there has to be the makers logo somewhere. I think a small lotto logo on one sleeve would be much classier, but they probably wouldn't pay us as much either. I do think the Lotto logo in the middle is awful. I get to see so few games that it really dosen't matter what the shirt looks like for me.I just can't wait for them to go on sale so I can get last years for cheaper.

As for Nike, I don't really like thier kits. If you notice at the WC, all of the Nike kits had the same look. They did a bad job with Brazil, and gave the US a blue shirt for some reason (although I think that had more to do with FIFA wanting distinctive colors then Nike).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah much better! I liked the suggestion of no black in the fastweb logo like someone else tried in a different thread. If you must have the Lotto badges I would stick them on the sides like they were.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
As for Nike, I don't really like thier kits. If you notice at the WC, all of the Nike kits had the same look. They did a bad job with Brazil, and gave the US a blue shirt for some reason (although I think that had more to do with FIFA wanting distinctive colors then Nike).
Yeah but so did Adidas. The first time I saw the new France shirt I really liked it. But then come the WC, all of them were like that, same design, same fonts. :doh:

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Yeah but so did Adidas. The first time I saw the new France shirt I really liked it. But then come the WC, all of them were like that, same design, same fonts. :doh:
2 wrongs don't make a right. I think what happened was the big companies just got lazy and didn't really care to make distinctive kits. Also, it makes their kits more recongizable because when you see that design you automaticaly think its Nike or Addidas.

Fergus88

Jul 16, 2002
i was toying with the idea of having Nike swoosh in the middle, as a foreshadowing of what we might see next year. but i decided to keep it simple for now.

Fergus88

Jul 16, 2002
i think your latter argument is much more the case. Nike and Adidas aren't silly. they want to make kits that scream their brand name. that's why they use the same fonts. i thought Adidas did well with turkey, giving it its own spin (the red stripe). i think they should strive for a balance of looking fairly uniformed, but still having it's own trademark for each country. Like France 98 and 00, and Nike's Korea 02 kits.

what they don't realise is that it takes very little to make a big difference. a tweak in the collar, a stripe, even where you put the logos or just plain patterning. the cuts can all be the same. Like Nike's for Korea and Brazil at the wc.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
2 wrongs don't make a right. I think what happened was the big companies just got lazy and didn't really care to make distinctive kits. Also, it makes their kits more recongizable because when you see that design you automaticaly think its Nike or Addidas.
No, of course not, I had the exact same reflection. I mean they make a bundle on the WC, like it would be so hard for them to make individual designs for every team. :mad:

Fergus, a swoosh wouldn't be so bad. The point is you want to make everything match, so a black swoosh wouldn't do anything bad to the shirt. Same goes for Lotto, if they knew how to make it tasteful I wouldn't say anything. But why does it have to be red right smack in the middle? The red on the sides doesn't look bad, but it's very disturbing in the middle!

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Fergus, a swoosh wouldn't be so bad. The point is you want to make everything match, so a black swoosh wouldn't do anything bad to the shirt. Same goes for Lotto, if they knew how to make it tasteful I wouldn't say anything. But why does it have to be red right smack in the middle? The red on the sides doesn't look bad, but it's very disturbing in the middle!
I think a big shoosh on the front of the Juve shirt would look bad. Something about the vertical stripes and the horizontal swoosh. I don't think it would mesh very well. The Nike logo would have to be understand for it to look good.

I'd love to see a team go a year without sponsorship or anything. Picture a Juve jersey with no ad's, no logos, no anything besdies plain black and white stripes, thr Juve logo, 2 stars and a red, white and green shield. You couldn't top that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'd love to see a team go a year without sponsorship or anything. Picture a Juve jersey with no ad's, no logos, no anything besdies plain black and white stripes, thr Juve logo, 2 stars and a red, white and green shield. You couldn't top that.
I beg to differ :D It's just cause I like design, something more than a plain shirt, plain is boring IMO. I like River Plate's, both the home and the away kits.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
lol@ JUVE LOOKING LIKE F1 CARS!!! :))

i think the points u all made are good, except for u guys who want a black away jersey instead of the white. i like white! white is classy, like REAL MADRID (though i hate them! they are very classy)

the problem is simply that the shirts are OVER designed and over colored.
Messege to Lotto: Make TV commercials and stop making our shirts your advertising tool!!

Jul 12, 2002
I think a big shoosh on the front of the Juve shirt would look bad. Something about the vertical stripes and the horizontal swoosh. I don't think it would mesh very well. The Nike logo would have to be understand for it to look good.

If you look at Nike's Jerseys now, most of then have just a small swoosh in the middle and no ads, like Barca's jersey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)