Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (6 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What are our goals this season ? :rolleyes:
They haven't announced anything yet and I hope they don't.

For me a good goal is to do well in the CL, make it from the group stage at least, afterwards anything is possible. On the league front, I expect us to fight for the scudetto but I don't see us winning it but we'll be closer than we were this year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'd say a title challenge and a good run in the CL is realistic, our goals should be to win a trophy and compete on all fronts - 2nd place minimum next year, although it will be harder than this season as milan, inter and roma will strengthen significantly

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd say a title challenge and a good run in the CL is realistic, our goals should be to win a trophy and compete on all fronts - 2nd place minimum next year, although it will be harder than this season as milan, inter and roma will strengthen significantly
I'd be overwhelmed if we end up 2nd.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
with a little luck, we could have easily finished 2nd, even been champions! Now with an improved squad and the realisation that we are truly back, I know that Juve will be more determined than ever

:flag:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Just keep it real, we have only been good this year because our opponents were much worse than any other time,we did not brake any record at winning points and matches, we also made a lot of mistakes, but our opponents did many more!
Milan for ex has never been that bad, Palermo, Parma and Lazio are in a constant decline. Fiorentina had the chance to overtake us, while in the mean time, Roma grew up more powerful.
The entire Italian league is in decline, we and the Milan clubs were the only ones to keep the high standards, to reach these standards again we have to compare our team with them. Milan faced a deep crisis this year and they underperformed for their standards and their material.
When we will be able to compete with Inter and become stronger again, only then we could say that we are back were we started and we are really competitive for the title! This year's Inter, would def not be able to cope with the old Juve!
We need 3 years at minimum to reach there, but the lack of interest and investment forbids us to reach there in the 5 year plan.
Our upgrades were few and mediocre, our champions are growing old and will retire soon and the last years we actually bought absolutely no starter for the future Juve, other than Sissoko and maybe Amauri now...
With this pace we will become as strong as the old Juve in a few decades and if no one stops Inter by then, they will reach the third star first...
This year Blanc and the rest of our managers have run out of excuses, we will see what they will do by the end of the year. The situation on our defense and the future problems that will pop up are 1000% their fault, we can now find many, many decent solutions...if

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'd be overwhelmed if we end up 2nd.
well anything less isn't an improvement - leaguewise, obviously we have the CL to consider but i dont think 2nd is an unrealistic target, i think if we sign xabi, stank and a good central defender we will only be behind inter in terms of squad (however our coach leaves a lot to be desired). Lets hope your overwhelmed!!

Juventino#16

Chila !!! #3
May 27, 2007
juve should have 3 goals:
1) Win the scudetto
2) win CL
3) lose at copa italia as fast as you can

i hope that juve will be at least 2nd next season and that they can reach at least quater finals in CL.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Past through the groups in CL and get a qualifying spot for the CL next reason are our real objectives.
Managers and players want to think that we will challenge for a title, thats not realistic but its not bad for them being optimistic and declare what some of the fans want to hear...
Our primary aim is to build a spectacular team to watch without investing too much,
our owners want to bring the fans back to the field, so that they will increase revenues.
A solid team and a particular high rank is not an issue yet, we will just have fun and see what happens in the end:drill:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So what do you say, Cronios? Next season we'll end up 8th?
It depends on the investments of Milan and Roma, we cant lose the 4th anyways, our budget alone is enough to guarantee that, but i was afraid Milan will bounce back and buy big, but so far they didnt, Inter already have done enough to win next year's championship, Roma will be competitive as before and Milan is the only question so far, i guess we will get 2-4#

They will never reach the third star before us... that's huge overstatement.
true, i was just being sarcastic, if Agnelli keep going like that, they will have to sell Juve And Berlu wont let them do that forever...

juve should have 3 goals:
1) Win the scudetto
2) win CL
3) lose at copa italia as fast as you can

i hope that juve will be at least 2nd next season and that they can reach at least quater finals in CL.
1) is not obtainable at this status cuo
2) we couldnt do that when we really had one of the best teams in europe
3) thats realistic:oops:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It depends on the investments of Milan and Roma, we cant lose the 4th anyways, our budget alone is enough to guarantee that, but i was afraid Milan will bounce back and buy big, but so far they didnt, Inter already have done enough to win next year's championship, Roma will be competitive as before and Milan is the only question so far, i guess we will get 2-4#
Which is not bad at all.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I say Juve's future is very bright, we get a new stadium, have the best youngsters in Italy and above all we are so determined to be on top again
sooner or later Inter will implode, too many stars and only 11 of them can play
it is Inter's circle now but that won't last, it never does
we'll be back where we belong

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
juve dont like coppa italia.. i remember we got kicked out the coppa by atalanta... and atalanta were still waiting for their first victory in that season (last place.. couple draws)

i hope we win it this year.. :) a silver star would be amazing

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
I would be satisfied with Coppa Italia trophy, fine run in CL , meaning good display in group stages and after that its all about luck in the CL draw and current form at that time, which means we can go all the way (wishful thinking) and challenge for the Scudetto.

If we manage to repeat last season performance against big teams and don't lose too many points against so called small teams, we'll do fine.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Ofcourse we had some luck last season but still I can see us only better and I didn't saw Roma bought anyone special or spectacular, they are linked to Baptista FFS :D My only concer is Milan answer to their last season and ofcourse Inter with Mourinho at helm.

With addition of Xabi and maybe defender I think that we should be only better, ofcourse if we don't sell any of our players. Cuz we gonna need depth and we all know how bad we were when we played Coppa and Serie A.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Just keep it real, we have only been good this year because our opponents were much worse than any other time,we did not brake any record at winning points and matches, we also made a lot of mistakes, but our opponents did many more!
Milan for ex has never been that bad, Palermo, Parma and Lazio are in a constant decline. Fiorentina had the chance to overtake us, while in the mean time, Roma grew up more powerful.
The entire Italian league is in decline, we and the Milan clubs were the only ones to keep the high standards, to reach these standards again we have to compare our team with them. Milan faced a deep crisis this year and they underperformed for their standards and their material.
When we will be able to compete with Inter and become stronger again, only then we could say that we are back were we started and we are really competitive for the title! This year's Inter, would def not be able to cope with the old Juve!
We need 3 years at minimum to reach there, but the lack of interest and investment forbids us to reach there in the 5 year plan.
Our upgrades were few and mediocre, our champions are growing old and will retire soon and the last years we actually bought absolutely no starter for the future Juve, other than Sissoko and maybe Amauri now...
With this pace we will become as strong as the old Juve in a few decades and if no one stops Inter by then, they will reach the third star first...
This year Blanc and the rest of our managers have run out of excuses, we will see what they will do by the end of the year. The situation on our defense and the future problems that will pop up are 1000% their fault, we can now find many, many decent solutions...if
Totally agree, I think it was a miracle that we finished 3rd last year, but comparing our upgrades to Both Milan's clubs and even Viola's upgrades....we're in danger

I believe we could fight for Scudetto, but not with this management, not with this coach, and definitely not with these players

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
The Scudetto push is probably our main goal,we dont want to let inter win it again,i certainly hate it when inter wins,i mean who doesn't right..Actually if i was a member of the board,i would say,a higher finish than inter is top priority..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)