Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (8 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As much as I agree with Blanc, I'm not convinced that picking a fight with the newly elected Prime Minister's club is a great idea at the moment.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
As much as I agree with Blanc, I'm not convinced that picking a fight with the newly elected Prime Minister's club is a great idea at the moment.
:agree: The whole thing reminds me of pre calciopoli moggi days where the attitude was "fuck everyone"

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Either Blanc's words are being taken out of context by the media on purpose to fuel a feud which is non-existent or Blanc's given a cheap low blow. As much as I dislike Milan, saying something like that to them is low considering they could have said a lot of shit to us about our demotion and promotion like Inter is.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Either Blanc's words are being taken out of context by the media on purpose to fuel a feud which is non-existent or Blanc's given a cheap low blow. As much as I dislike Milan, saying something like that to them is low considering they could have said a lot of shit to us about our demotion and promotion like Inter is.
I agree, Blanc's comment didn't seem to really be said out of mallice, but i suppose since its not definite that Milan are not in next year's CL as yet, that it could be seen as a diss.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I agree, Blanc's comment didn't seem to really be said out of mallice, but i suppose since its not definite that Milan are not in next year's CL as yet, that it could be seen as a diss.
Blanc's words had no mallice in them whatsoever, it's Galliani who took offense and brought up you know what and went a bit too far

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
We're Back Home, Says Blanc

Juventus general manager Jean-Claude Blanc expressed his satisfaction for his team's return to Europe's top competition after an absence of two years.

Blanc was extremely happy about the 5-2 win against Lazio, and especially about securing guaranteed qualification to the Champions League with three matchdays to go before the end of the season.

"Today is the right day to compliment the squad, the coach and the technical staff," declared the general manager.

"Last year, after the promotion, I had said that we returned back home," he continued. "Well, as of Sunday we have returned home again.

"However, it's not the time to talk about the transfer market. Now we want to take some days to appreciate the work done in these months and especially the results we have achieved.

"Then, as long as there is the possibility to aim for second place, we must continue to work with the same determination and quality," concluded Blanc.

Goal.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juve: Trezeguet will stay
Saturday 31 May, 2008

Juventus have denied reports linking striker David Trezeguet with a move to Barcelona.

The 30-year-old has been exceptional this season and ended the campaign with 20 goals to his name.

Bianconeri administrator Jean-Claude Blanc has moved to quash the rumours and expects the Frenchman to see out his contract, which expires in 2011.

“We are always looking to make Juventus a team of the highest quality,” insisted Blanc. “It would be senseless to let a player like him leave.

“If, as I believe and hope, we qualify for the group stages of the Champions League, Juventus will need everyone because we will be fighting on three fronts.”

Trezeguet has been courted by Barcelona before. The Frenchman nearly joined the Blaugrana in 2004, but decided to stay after then Juventus boss Fabio Capello persuaded him to stay.

Blanc went on to welcome new arrival Amauri, the Brazilian forward who signed from Palermo yesterday.

“He was our primary objective,” said Blanc. “We have added another extraordinary element to the best attack in the League. We will have a super front line for the next few years.”

A former organiser of the Tour de France, Dakar Rally and French Open, Blanc reflected on his plans for Juventus.

“It is quite a complex operation,” he explained. “We are all looking to work together in a professional manner.

“In the end, we want to be balanced in every department. Coach Claudio Ranieri is very happy and we are focused on next season.

“We have added value with the purchase of a man like Amauri. Thanks to him, we will write a new page in Juventus' history.”

“We need to complete the team. We have rounded off the attack and our next objective lies in polishing up the middle of the park.”

Juventus have reportedly been talking to Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso about a possible move to Turin.

“We are continuing to speak with those players we are interested in,” acknowledged Blanc. “But we are in no hurry.”

Channel 4
......................................................................................................................

Thats your fuckin problem!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I mean at sealing deals.

We let Milito, Ivanovic and countless others be swiped from under our noses because of our boards failure to wrap up deals.

Even the Amauri deal was dragged out, though that was most likely down to Palermos president.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I mean at sealing deals.

We let Milito, Ivanovic and countless others be swiped from under our noses because of our boards failure to wrap up deals.

Even the Amauri deal was dragged out, though that was most likely down to Palermos president.
you say these deals or missing out on them is all our fault but there are numerous elements that can bust a deal
it is a bit simplistic to fingerpoint our board for everything
Milito joined Barca
he already played in Spain, speaks Spanish and joined a top team
and Ivanovic joined Chelsea for the money and because it is a top side
while we just got back from B and there were a lot of questions on how we would do and we weren't in Europe
it is so easy to just blame our board

Dec 26, 2004
When this man declared that Juve need 5 years to return to full power after Calciopoli I was one of those who thought like "WTF, 5 fucking years! We better recover faster".

Two years have passed and we are going through a 3rd year under this management... do you think Juve will return as one of the biggest force in European football (as it was the case with Lippi and Capello) within two years under this management?

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
well, its a hard one really, we did very well considering we came up. but then again it was a season that was full of what could have been. but i think that w will be better athan this next year because we are juve.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When this man declared that Juve need 5 years to return to full power after Calciopoli I was one of those who thought like "WTF, 5 fucking years! We better recover faster".

Two years have passed and we are going through a 3rd year under this management... do you think Juve will return as one of the biggest force in European football (as it was the case with Lippi and Capello) within two years under this management?
I fail to see our weaknesses to be honest, we managed to get a third spot one year after relegation, I expected a 7th or 8th place directly after Serie B. As for the coming season, the squad is getting better and deeper, you already judged it as not being a big force? Is it Inter's big spending that made you come to this decision or us being linked with good footballers?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

The thing that made me love this club in the first place is that "Juve is juve" :gsol: . No matter who play's in this team, who's our couch or our managers R the club will always have a winning mentality. ATM we have average players (not all of them but majority), couch and management but still managed to be 3rd in the league (and won over all top clubs in italy last season !!). The hardest year for us IMO is last year, we were just coming from serie B and many of our players were playing together for the first time (especially our defence) but they've managed to do a pretty good job so am optimistic about the future.

The only thing that i don't like about this new juve is "secco", i think that he tries soo hard to impress but he's simply not good enough for juve. Some people here (in this forum) r trying hard to defend him but the reallity is he's just a disastor for juve. Get rid of secco and get a smart guy like Marino or Corvino and we'll be in safe hands.......

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
let's wait and see, we achieved our goals last season, I'm sure we will do much better with the financial benefits of the CL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)