Jean-Claude Blanc Thread (7 Viewers)

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
Actually Milan have more Scudetti than Inter.
Honest mistake about Inters trophie case. I just keep forgetting they never win anything :D

Juventus 29 Scudetti
milan 17
inter 13

milan has more CL trophies?Look at where were they before berlusconi.
Milan won it twice before we even won it once so what's your point?

But the fact remains that they are and will be big clubs and are not solely dependand on one single person with money.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
ßöмßäяðîëя;1616019 said:
I just read that over there, and he has got to be the dumbest mother fucker alive.

We don't want to spend recklessly like Inter or Milan, but we want to be like Real and ManUtd......because neither Man U nor Real Madrid spends recklessly. This guy is a joke.
:agree: I was just about to write that.. He does contradict himself with trying to imply that we are similiar like RM, Man U yet explaining that he is unwilling to spend big..

Jul 15, 2006
ßöмßäяðîëя;1616019 said:
I just read that over there, and he has got to be the dumbest mother fucker alive.

We don't want to spend recklessly like Inter or Milan, but we want to be like Real and ManUtd......because neither Man U nor Real Madrid spends recklessly. This guy is a joke.
True, I just agree with him on the last bit.

conmebol

Sep 30, 2007
:agree: I was just about to write that.. He does contradict himself with trying to imply that we are similiar like RM, Man U yet explaining that he is unwilling to spend big..
Real Madrid and Man U have a lot more revenue than us though. That's why they can spend big. I actually agree that you don't want to have a business model like Chelsea, Milan , and Inter, because it's not sustainable. While I agree with the business model, I don't necessarily agree with our transfers though. If we don't have Secco, we'll have a lot stronger squad right now.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
ßöмßäяðîëя;1616019 said:

Man try to read it again and open u're mind this time :spliff: !! He's talking about the financial structure not the spending power of these clubs....inter and chelsea r depending more on there owners while the others r independant (if one day fiat went bankrupt juve will not suffer at all).........

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Real Madrid and Man U have a lot more revenue than us though. That's why they can spend big. I actually agree that you don't want to have a business model like Chelsea, Milan , and Inter, because it's not sustainable. While I agree with the business model, I don't necessarily agree with our transfers though. If we don't have Secco, we'll have a lot stronger squad right now.
True, i'd be interested to see Man Utd financial reports compared to Chelsea's.. I guess its the accountant coming out in me:p I agree in regards to Secco, i believe as Moggi has said he could have built a CL competitive squad with the funds available but hey thats in the past and whats done is done

conmebol

Sep 30, 2007
True, i'd be interested to see Man Utd financial reports compared to Chelsea's.. I guess its the accountant coming out in me:p I agree in regards to Secco, i believe as Moggi has said he could have built a CL competitive squad with the funds available but hey thats in the past and whats done is done
Deloitte Football Money League – 2006/07 season (UK £ Sterling and Euro €)

Position (prior year position) Club Revenue (£m) Revenue (€m)
1 (1) Real Madrid 236.2 351.0
2 (4) Manchester United 212.1 315.2
3 (2) FC Barcelona 195.3 290.1
4 (6) Chelsea 190.5 283.0
5 (9) Arsenal 177.6 263.9
6 (5) AC Milan 153.0 227.2
7 (8) Bayern Munich 150.3 223.3
8 (10) Liverpool 133.9 198.9
9 (7) Internazionale 131.3 195.0
10 (12) AS Roma 106.1 157.6
11 (15) Tottenham Hotspur 103.1 153.1
12 (3) Juventus 97.7 145.2
13 (11) Olympique Lyonna 94.6 140.6
14 (13) Newcastle United 87.1 129.4
15 (16) Hamburg SV 81.0 120.4
16 (14) Schalke 04 76.9 114.3
17 (n/a) Celtic 75.2 111.8
18 (n/a) Valencia 72.4 107.6
19 (n/a) Olympique de Marseille 66.6 99.0
20 (n/a) Werder Bremen 65.5 97.3

Source: Deloitte Football Money League 2008

David01

Aug 20, 2006
he was merely referring to Real and Man. U because like Juve they do not depend on a wealthy mesiah to keep them afloat.
Inter without the money of Moratti, or Milan without the cash from Berlusconi would be very different
we do not depend on the Agnelli's that is the difference
I also read that Chelsea suffered a loss of 95 million last year which was in fact an improvement and was happily paid by Abramovic
Chelsea without his wealth would fade away very fast

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Blanc speaks again. He really seems like the most clearheaded boardmember.

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200804articoli/14432girata.asp

- The players will receive a bonus for reaching second place. The figure is a secret, but it could be around 100 thousand euro's per player.

- Juve think big, but they have to keep a close eye on the budget. Like Buffon says if next season's target is ONE of the Scudetto or CL, two or three players will suffice. If we want more, we'll have to bring more.

- We have been following Flamini for months, we want him on a free. Ranieri considers Flamini a fundamental pawn for our Scudetto and CL bid. Flamini earns 2 million a season and we would offer him 3,5. The negotiations can be concluded. Milan are after him too, but because of CL we are in a favourable position. After Mellberg, Flamini would be the next costless purchase. And as Gigli said Salihamidzic and Grygera didn't do badly.

- We have to finish the deal in accordance to our 'economic logic'. Flamini will be a beautifull part of our midfield. A midfield that still relies on Nedved, although there are reservations on the physical condition of the player that will turn 36 in August. Juve beleives in Pavel, but we are considering alternatives for that role.

- There are no doubts about Camoranesi though, who could renew his contract within a week's time.

- About Del Piero's contract negotiations early in the season. He conceeds that they were wrong to doubt his physical condition, as they do with any player over thirty. Alexander responded in the best possible way to the trust placed in him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve and Milan trade insults

Juventus' general manager Jean-Claude Blanc has become embroiled in an argument with Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

The Frenchman, who joined La Vecchia Signora in June 2006, reacted to competition from the Diavolo for Arsenal's Mathieu Flamini in a cheeky fashion.

Asked why Flamini would choose the Bianconeri ahead of the Rossoneri, Blanc said: “Juve are in the Champions League and Milan aren't.

Galliani didn't waste any time coming up with a response, sniping: “The Club World Cup champions cannot possibly reply to the newly-promoted Juventus.”

Relations between the two clubs have been cordial since 2006 when the Turin giants were relegated and Milan were penalised for their part in the Calciopoli scandal.

However, Juventus' competitiveness this term has marked the return of a historic antipathy which could spoil the Bianconeri's efforts to sign another of their targets, Genoa striker Marco Borriello, who is currently on loan from Milan.

channel 4

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
GOAL.COM

Blanc Rubbishes Calciopoli

Juventus managing director Jean-Claude Blanc has declared that the Bianconeri have won 29 Scudetti, and not 27.

Juventus won Serie A on the field of play in both 2005 and 2006, but later had these Scudetti stripped, and were also relegated to Serie B, for their alleged involvement in the Calciopoli crisis.

Bianconeri fans and other figures have always maintained that Calciopoli was just a conspiracy involving Inter President Massimo Moratti, as well as former Telecom Italia President Tronchetti Provera and ex FIGC President Guido Rossi.

The new leadership that took over at Juventus following the scandal have yet to be really accepted by Juventini, many of who still have a strong bond with the old Triade of Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega.

However recently it seems that President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, Blanc, and even much-maligned sporting director Alessio Secco are just beginning perhaps to win over some cynics.

Blanc in particular will have won favour with many after he declared that he completely recognised, as official, the two revoked Scudetti from 2005 and 2006.

"The number of Scudetti won by Juve is 29,” Blanc told La7.

“And soon we will have a third star on our shirts."

Gianni Wilson

wow what has gotten into Blanc...saying a lot these days. I think he's trying ot win us over guys lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)