Javier Saviola (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-japan

Dec 31, 2006
-Why dont we sell Trez and let Bojinov replace him, and then we'll have 4 strikers next season: Alex, Boji, Saviola, Zalayeta (back up). With the money from Trez's transfer we can buy some quality midfielders. I like Saviola but i dont want to lose Boji

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
El Conejo has always impressed me when I've seen him play, and I never really understood why Barcelona has thrown him around so much. He has that pace and trickiness we have lacked in the past up front, which makes him a tempting player to persue. But if finding a possible replacement for Trezeguet is what we're doing here... time to pull the fire alarm on this transfer. Now Saviola along with Trezeguet up top does sound rather explosive..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
-Why dont we sell Trez and let Bojinov replace him, and then we'll have 4 strikers next season: Alex, Boji, Saviola, Zalayeta (back up). With the money from Trez's transfer we can buy some quality midfielders. I like Saviola but i dont want to lose Boji
:confused: No target player nor lethal finisher? Alex, Bojinov and Saviola are all rather short players. I don't think this spells success in Serie A.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
1.78 meters is about 5.8 feet. That's pretty short if you ask me.
Gosh Andy, I will kill to get those extra 5cm if you ask me!:D. I am pretty much on the average by my country standard, and won't even qualify for your criteria of being short!:p

On a serious note, the same thing came across my mind. If we buy Saviola, then we are left with Del Piero, Saviola, and Bojinov, none of whom have physical strength nor jumping ability to win aerial battles. Palladino is hardly a workhorse either. Basically, I think Saviola and Bojinov offers similar trait in terms of production is concerned. I am kind of torn apart because I rate Bojinov's talent, and he will flour in someplace or the other. But we probably need another type of forward to give something different to throw at for Didi.

As for the international games are concerned, since Japan will hardly ever meet USA in any meaningful matches, I couldn't care less.:pint:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well we could do this to have Saviola and play him:
Accept Man Utd offer (if it is not a rumour) of C.Ronaldo for Trez and Palladino (though I`d hate it if we lose Palldino) which means we would buy Klose and then we sign Saviola for free and the departure of Palladino give Saviola the needed playing time!

Out: Trez and Palldino
In: C.Ronaldo, Klose and Saviola

I`m not that in for it but it does a pretty good move

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Both of them have advantages and disdvantages.

Bojinov knows Serie A and he is physically stronger.

Saviola is more experienced and overall a better player.

However, Saviola is for free, while Bojinov costs 6 million €.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Both of them have advantages and disdvantages.

Bojinov knows Serie A and he is physically stronger.

Saviola is more experienced and overall a better player.

However, Saviola is for free, while Bojinov costs 6 million €.
This is due to the unbelievable mistake Juve management did at the beginning of its time!!! :smoke:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Saviola would be great!!!

And for those of you arguing about Palladino, Bojinov and Juventus having alot of strikers, here are some oints to consider:

1- Bojinov will not remain in Juve, he will be send back to Fiorentina and they will sell him to Hamburg.
2- Palladino will stay, but has many as point out, I think DD use him more has a attacking midfielder than as a forward.

3- Next Season we will probably have Del Piero, Trezeguet (Klose) and Palladino. Zalayeta and Bojinov will leave, that leaves alot of room for Saviola in my opinion, in fact I would bring Saviola and another forward who can sub Trez.

Alos we have to remember that Alex is not getting any younger, and we dont know how many season he have still on his legs.

So, in a few words: Saviola for free? Hell yeah!!!!

thats true espectro, i doubt bojinov staying.
I just hope if Trezeguet leaves that we bring in Saviola and Klose to replace him and not one or the other.
thats would be superb

duh , to be honest we were stuck in dilemma , if we got saviola , one of zalayeta or boji will leave us for sure . nah , but i still hope boji stay with us , but it's almost impossible if saviola comes though . saviola is only number of most talented argentinian in the world , comparing with boji , very talented but inconsistent, i can't make the conclusion , hard choice . huh . .
saviola is way much better than zalayeta and yeah i would give up zalayeta for saviola any day.
Saviola is a great player in my opinion!! And he is FREE!! I hope the club can convince him to join us!

[QUOTE=Shyne;1245083]For free, definetly. Saviola is a good player, and if he wasn't at Barca would be starter at alot of clubs.[/QUOTE]

It'd be a great signing for Juve. Saviola played great in the world cup, and got picked ahead of Messi and Tevez
:agree:
The little rabbit is a good player. But he is so small. We need a big striker next to him. Trezegol or Klose for sure.
to be honest i think small strickers are much more effective than tall strickers, example : ibrahimovic. besides saviola is small and fast he causea lot of trouble for the defenders

Jul 23, 2006
thats true espectro, i doubt bojinov staying.

thats would be superb

saviola is way much better than zalayeta and yeah i would give up zalayeta for saviola any day.
QUOTE=Shyne;1245083]For free, definetly. Saviola is a good player, and if he wasn't at Barca would be starter at alot of clubs.

:agree:

to be honest i think small strickers are much more effective than tall strickers, example : ibrahimovic. besides saviola is small and fast he causea lot of trouble for the defenders
ibrahimovic sucks because he has a big nose, not because he's tall

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I think Saviola would be Del Piero's replacement,and not Trezeguet.If we can get Saviola for free,we can sell Trezeguet if he isnt motivated enough,and get someone like huntelaar or klose to replace him.

Saviola - Huntelaar/Klose would be nice.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I think Saviola would be Del Piero's replacement,and not Trezeguet.If we can get Saviola for free,we can sell Trezeguet if he isnt motivated enough,and get someone like huntelaar or klose to replace him.

Saviola - Huntelaar/Klose would be nice.
I agree that Saviola should be Alex's backup and for Trezeguet, its hard 2 replace him!!! Klose isnt young and we should look 4 long term goals :smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)