J Stadium/Allianz (23 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Yep....Also a lot of Australians don't realize how expensive it is. For example, Sydney has the most expensive parking rates in the western world. New York city was thought to be expensive at $7/hour.....Sydney Airport? A$15/hr (US$16/hr). Nuts....thats why I am not moving back....happy to stay in Hong Kong.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yep....Also a lot of Australians don't realize how expensive it is. For example, Sydney has the most expensive parking rates in the western world. New York city was thought to be expensive at $7/hour.....Sydney Airport? A$15/hr (US$16/hr). Nuts....thats why I am not moving back....happy to stay in Hong Kong.
Where abouts in Sydney were you from?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
:lol: Nice catch.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Whenever I say your name, I feel like I'm telling someone to go cut a nacho.

Anyway, there is high tax on luxuries here, the housing market is all round to expensive in any major city and our transport costs are also expensive but there are a lot of jobs here as well compared to other economies at the moment.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Whenever I say your name, I feel like I'm telling someone to go cut a nacho.

Anyway, there is high tax on luxuries here, the housing market is all round to expensive in any major city and our transport costs are also expensive but there are a lot of jobs here as well compared to other economies at the moment.
Yeh well housing is about to enter a 10 year bear market in Australia. I predict house prices will correct by ~40% in real terms over the next 10 years - in other words....flat nominal prices with inflation catching up. Don't believe anything you here about a housing shortage - prices ballooned because housing credit grew at 2x GDP growth for the last 20 years - i.e household debt to GDP is over 90% - but prices won't crash because the RBA will slash rates when they see prices starting to drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)