J Stadium/Allianz (31 Viewers)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
The crowds and the stadia are one of the reasons I love watching Serie A, even when the league is pretty shit.

I really hope they don't all give in and become as bland as it all is in England.
Lol what crowds? Have you not seen the empty stadium after empty stadium that is a staple across Italy.

Give me the full arenas of England with stewards and the whole deal rather than the shit-infested free for all that are the empty stadiums of Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
Lol what crowds? Have you not seen the empty stadium after empty stadium that is a staple across Italy.

Give me the full arenas of England with stewards and the whole deal rather than the shit-infested free for all that are the empty stadiums of Italy.
It's changing though, several clubs already have plans to build new stadiums(Cagliari is even starting works in about 2 weeks).

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It's changing though, several clubs already have plans to build new stadiums(Cagliari is even starting works in about 2 weeks).
Will the new stadiums solve that problem, Specially in Italy i really doubt it. There will be an increase of fans going to the stadiums for sure but to have full stadiums week in week out just like England or Germany is something that i simply can't see it happening in Italy.

fans not going to the stadium is more of a cultural thing rather than just a problem of having new stadiums there.....

Dec 27, 2003
But maybe it will change.

But maybe they'll build 12 new stadiums soon.

But maybe 6000 stewards and 300 skyboxes, and maybe a Maglev stopping bang under the dressing room.

It's a cultural thing. A cultural thing is what it is.

It's like, the culture. Like it's different in Italy.

Lolz fuck the haters man lmfao!!!

The full thing man. The real deal.

With cameras like everywhere, like every angle, every square inch.

But in Italy, it's different. The culture.

But maybe my own name next to Alex's star.

Lolz more pix plz.

The doping trial? Farsopoli.

But Moggi was the man, man.

Rods or no rods?

Bring back Moggi!

And Giraudo.

Wawawiwa!?!!

The fans, the atmosphere, the culture.

In England? The real deal.

Give me England anytime.

But maybe it won't change, especially in Italy.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
He's taking a cheap shot (like his usual cheap Juve bashing) at responses to his initial post.

Basically blaming Calciopoli for today's Serie A low-attendance with which I agree. It's not really cultural, as Italians have always loved Football. I'm not really sure what was Only-Juve's point with 'culture thing'.

But then there comes the Juve bashing...

" Calciopoli farce? not really lolz ignore my avatar I'm neutral on this. I know the people who had the power.

Cameras from every angle. full highlights. 3D. 25mil for malls. restaurant.lolz lmfao. I'm thinking bring my vespa to stands so I can throw it off the opposition fans.

Nothing like walking down the san siro tunnels. SAN SIRO. those away fans with hunted minds.

This is not like the 80's/90's anymore. those were the times. No adrenaline rush in stadium. ultras killing each other off.

Maybe I need to quit football. Maybe not"

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What in England can compare to the spectacle of a packed curva in the Olimpico in Rome or in the San Siro?

Even when there is a half empty stadium, if there is a packed curva there is still more intensity to the atmosphere than you generally get in England.

Jul 1, 2010
It's not cultural, Serie A had an average of 38 871 spectators per game in the 1984-1985 season and over 30 000 in most years between 1970 and 2000.

The economic problems of Italy do not help at the moment but with better stadium which will have increased security, families will come back to stadiums and attendances will rise.

We have an average of ~25 000 spectators per game in Serie A at the moment, with new stadiums it could rise up easily to 30-32 000

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I was in the Juve-Salzburg game a while back. Since it was in the EL, it certainly was not a full house. But the Curva was packed (even the Curva Nord was half full), but the atmosphere was absolutely wonderful. Remember this was a dull 0-0 game on a windy, cold night in Turin but it was still great (maybe because its the first time I went to the stadium but still).

IMO, having a proper plan for the curva in the new stadium is essential. Understandably the management are concerned as they want to create a different kind of fan experience, which may well generate more money/attendances. But having those hardcore fans in the equation is important because these people there represent this club's heritage.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What in England can compare to the spectacle of a packed curva in the Olimpico in Rome or in the San Siro?

Even when there is a half empty stadium, if there is a packed curva there is still more intensity to the atmosphere than you generally get in England.
the atmosphere at english games are nothing compared to those ive seen in Italy, manchester utd at OT is a prime example, the atmosphere is pretty poor for a club of man utd's stature. personally i prefer it the way it is, the coreography, the organised chants you get from ultras will always be far and above anything you get in england

another example is when i was at stamford bridge when Juve came to play chelsea, the Ultras were out performing the chelsea fans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)