Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

:eek:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Juventus risk stadium closure | Football Italia
Juventus reportedly risk a partial closure of the Allianz Stadium, after racist chanting was heard in the win over Napoli on Saturday.

The Bianconeri won 3-1 to move six points clear of Carlo Ancelotti’s side, in front of a sold-out crowd in Turin.

Sadly though, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that FIGC observers reported racist chanting aimed at Partenopei centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly.

In addition, fans are said to have repeatedly called Ancelotti ‘a pig’, an insult which dates back to his time in charge of Juve, as well as anti-Neapolitan chants aimed at the visiting fans.

As a result, the Curva Sud could be closed for at least one game when the disciplinary report is released tomorrow.

On previous occasions where that sector has been closed the club has invited local schoolchildren to attend the game for free, attending anti-racism and discrimination workshops before the match.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:
They shouldn't let a handful of idiots ruin it for the remaining fans by closing stands. The stadium has cameras everywhere on the fans, pick out the idiots, report them to the police and give them life bans.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Tricky situation, I can see both sides of the argument.

The behaviour of the ultras probably hasn't helped their case. Expanding the stadium is a solution.
not an easy thing to do though, my understanding is that for a significant increase the only option is to add a third level, which is a huge rebuild. would cost an arm and a leg + it'd take serious time, I don't think it's something that can be done in 2 months in summer, so we'd probably end up in Stadio Olimpico with 28k seats for a while...

https://en.calcioefinanza.com/2017/...m-architect-possible-increase-capacity-20000/

still, when we have the possibility to budget it, I think we should do it, really don't understand the logic behind 42k seats in the first place. looking at other stadiums built recently, Bayern has 75k, Arsenal has 60k, Tottenham will have 62k, Lyon has 59k, Lille has 50k, Bilbao has 53k, Roma will have 52k and our original decision is still baffling...

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The sale dates for the Manchester United game have been added. But it seems that there's nothing listed for general sale. This may be a stupid question, but is there just not one? Do you NEED a membership to purchase tickets?

Wittl

Trumpf Puur
Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
The sale dates for the Manchester United game have been added. But it seems that there's nothing listed for general sale. This may be a stupid question, but is there just not one? Do you NEED a membership to purchase tickets?
If there are tickets left after 16th of october (after b&w presale) they'll be available on general sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)