J Stadium/Allianz (6 Viewers)

Raj007

Jul 6, 2009
Yes, we sold the naming rights to Sportfive for 78 million euros (over 12 years). So basically almost entirely funded the stadium itself (last I read it was 100m euros or close).

-edit. New stadium cost = 105m euros.
So its going to be called Stadio Sportfive? :wth:
no, they are a marketing agency and we sold the RIGHTS for naming the stadium to them. Basically, they can sell the name of the stadium to whoever they choose, which they have not done yet, so at the moment our stadium is nameless.
As I understand, our stadium is gonna be called "Sportfive Arena" from the company Sportfive.

So it won't be nameless. Since we will be owning this stadium, after a specified period, we can call it whatever we want, like "Stadio Bianconero di Torino" :weee: :drill:

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
As I understand, our stadium is gonna be called "Sportfive Arena" from the company Sportfive.

So it won't be nameless. Since we will be owning this stadium, after a specified period, we can call it whatever we want, like "Stadio Bianconero di Torino" :weee: :drill:
Nah, Sportfive bought the naming rights. Hence they then go and search for a buyer to put their name on the stadium. They paid us near 80m euros, and will sell the rights to whoever at a (probably) large profit.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
guys, even if that company doesn´t sell the naming rights, it might be called stadio whatever. they don´t have to name the stadium after the company name. but the situation is that, that company bought the rights in order to the sell them, so they can make profit. anyway, we don´t know what kind of conrtact has been cuncluded, so i guess we have to wait.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Did anyone know that the stadium will be ready next season(2011-2012)!?
as it says so in the latest press release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)