Jérôme Rothen wants Juve (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

I don't really think he's the same kind of player as Nedved. Rothen's role in the team is pretty much to just get down the wing and set up chances for his teammates, and as you said he's more creative. Nedved puts in a lot of great passes, but he's much more explosive than Rothen, not to mention his shooting is very different. They're both awesome hard-working players though :thumb:
Well, Rothen reminds me of Nedved when he was at Lazio. Nedved had pretty much the same job description at Lazio as you stated for Rothen.

Hmm, I am not sure how our midfield would work if the rumors about Emerson are true, and we also get Rothen. So would Rothen patrol the left wing, and Nedved down the center, with Emerson and Tacchinardi in holding roles? I see a gaping hole on the right side. So I don't see Rothen coming to Juve unfortunatly, unless Nedved leaves and we get Stefano Fiore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think if emerson joins, tacchinardi is benched. even with kapo though, we can field him as the attacking midfielder and play rothen on the left. whether that leaves us with playing zambrotta back on the right side and buying a left back who is to know.

anyway, in moggi transfer interview thread, he said that kapo is an interesting player. i suppose being free puts him ahead of rothen.

anyway, who is to know....so many players are being rumoured now its ridiculous.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Yeah, Rothen was absolutely incredible tonight! He really caused problems for Chelsea's right defence, and he even back tracked to get the ball. IMO he reminds me of a Nedved, except Jerome has a hell of a lot more creativity. I say sell Nedved, and buy Rothen, along with either Rosicky or vdV.
Absolutly agree! Rothen really impressed and IMO he was more than just man of the match!

Tell me: Why do you want Rosicky so much?? This player is more often injured than Tudor!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
A lot of footballers want to join big clubs. Vast majority of them will never make it.

As for Rothen, I wouldn't buy him unless I observed him closely for another season or two. He's just been playing well in a good team under a good coach.

Markko

May 29, 2003
We should "risk" and buy him. Not waqit like we did when Milan bought Nesta, Inter Cannavaro and Roma W. Samuel. Rothen seems to be ond of the best wingers at the moment. Waiting should mean only a greater price for him, or leaving him to some Real Madrid, Chelsea or Inter (they always buy players but their teams don't seem to be playing well).
Moggi should think which 3-4 players will be the new core of Juventus play. Others should be chosen in order to support these 3 or 4 (of course, if we don't want to be like Inter)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
When Milan bought Nesta & Inter- Cannavaro they have already shined at the Euro 2000 and 2002 WC. Nesta was also part of the Euro 96 team and WC 98. Cannavaro played in the 98 WC. Samuel was featured in many WC qualifications and friendlies for Argentina.

I think there is no comparison with Rothen who has only been featured in the Euro04 qualifiers.

Markko

May 29, 2003
Of course, I know they were not unknown players. I wanted to stress the problem of waiting. Waiting and waiting, leaving other clubs buying the best players.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Rothen is very good, I just fear Kapo's transfer will prevent Moggi &co. looking at Rothen. There's a smal chance we'll get him if Deshamps becomes the new coach. I don't Rothen will come Prandelli will be the coach.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i know... but what good is a mediocore most-likely bench warmer to the team.

Rothen may not come cheap, but at least we'd be garantueed a classy and usefull player.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i know... but what good is a mediocore most-likely bench warmer to the team.

Rothen may not come cheap, but at least we'd be garantueed a classy and usefull player.
pah, that is such a speculative statement! :dontcare: Kapo is 22 and one of the biggest French talents in recent years. A good coach could make him a star. Rothen is better and more famous right now but who knows how long that's gonna last? Playing careers are so unpredictable you don't know what's gonna happen. Could be Kapo will flop at Juve, could be Rothen would flop at Juve. There are no guarantees.

Meanwhile we got ourselves a great prospect for nothing, why complain?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

pah, that is such a speculative statement! :dontcare: Kapo is 22 and one of the biggest French talents in recent years. A good coach could make him a star. Rothen is better and more famous right now but who knows how long that's gonna last? Playing careers are so unpredictable you don't know what's gonna happen. Could be Kapo will flop at Juve, could be Rothen would flop at Juve. There are no guarantees.

Meanwhile we got ourselves a great prospect for nothing, why complain?
it is speculative, isn't it?! :D

i'm fine with Kapo, though Rothen has proven himself at the top level and in big games, so the chances of him flopping at juve are less. indeed both are promissing, but i'd actually like to be sure of immediate results. Appiah hasn't impressed in his first season, Conte is getting old, Davids is gone, Camo is way too inconsistant, and it also seems as if Nedved has passed his prime (though i think that Nedved can picl-up form if he was motivated). All these factors make me prefer Rothen because Rothen is around 26 i think. He has enough experience to adjust faster to juve and therefore provide immdiate support for the midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)