Jérémy Menez (aka Rab) - Winger/SS - AS Roma (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Full name Jérémy Menez
Date of birth 7 May 1987 (age 23)
Place of birth Longjumeau, France
Height 1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Winger​

Jérémy Menez (French pronunciation: [ʒeremi menɛz]) (born 7 May 1987) is a French football player who currently plays for Italian club Roma in Serie A. He plays many positions in the attacking midfield, usually as a winger and a playmaker. Menez has been described as a two-footed technically skilled playmaker with undeniable pace.[1]
Menez began his career spending time with various clubs in the Île-de-France region such as the Centre de Formation de Paris and CSF Brétigny. In 2001, he secured a move to Sochaux and spent four years in the club's youth academy. Menez made his professional debut in the 2004–05 season. After two seasons at the club, he joined Monaco. At Monaco, Menez developed into a play-making midfielder under the tutelage of Brazilian manager Ricardo Gomes. After two successful seasons in Monaco, he signed for Serie A club Roma on a four-year contract.
Menez is a former French youth international and has earned caps at every youth level. He was a part of the team that won the 2004 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. Menez made his senior debut on 11 August 2010 in a friendly match against Norway.

Monaco

On 22 June 2006, Sochaux announced on its website that it had reached an agreement with fellow Ligue 1 club Monaco for the transfer of Menez. Menez signed a four-year contract. The transfer fee was undisclosed.[14] Menez was given the number 10 shirt by manager László Bölöni and inserted into his preferred left-winger position. He made his club debut on 19 August in the team's 1–1 draw with Rennes, appearing as a substitute.[15] On 30 September, Menez scored his first goal for the club in a 2–1 win over Le Mans, netting the game-winner ten minutes from time.[16] Following the firing of Bölöni and the arrival of new manager Ricardo Gomes, Menez struggled to get consistent playing time and grew frustrated, which led to interest abroad from Manchester United and Liverpool.[17] However, on 11 November, he was re-inserted into the starting lineup and scored the equalizing goal in a 2–2 draw with Lorient.[18] Menez maintained his form into the new year, but struggled for fitness in February due to a groin injury. The injury required surgery and Menez missed two months of play.[19] He returned to the team in April and scored goals in three straight matches against Lille, Valenciennes, and Marseille.[20][21][22] Menez finished the 2006–07 campaign by scoring the only goal in a win over the champions Lyon.[23]
Despite summer interest from Premier League clubs, Menez opted to remain at Monaco. In the 2007–08 campaign, he scored his first goal in the team's 3–0 victory over his former club Sochaux.[24][25] The following week, he netted again, this time in a 3–1 win over Le Mans.[26] On 15 December, Menez scored a double in a 3–1 victory against Lens.[27] It was his first multi-goal game since his hat trick three years prior. The following month, Menez scored both of the team's goal in a 2–0 away win against Metz.[28] On 23 February 2008, he suffered an injury in a league match against Paris-Saint Germain, which led to him leaving the match at half-time. The injury was discovered to be serious and Menez missed three months before returning for the final two matches of the season making obligatory substitute appearances.

Roma

After featuring in Monaco's first three league matches of the season, it was reported on 27 August 2008 that Menez had signed a four-year contract with Italian club Roma. The transfer fee was priced at €10.5 million with Monaco set to receive another €1.5 million in incentives.[29] Menez was announced as the replacement for departed wingers Amantino Mancini and Ludovic Giuly and selected the number 24 shirt, the former number of club legend Marco Delvecchio. He made his debut for the club on 31 August in the team's league match against Napoli, appearing as a substitute in the 63rd minute.[30] Menez made his UEFA Champions League debut in the team's group stage match against Bordeaux, playing 51 minutes in a 3–1 victory.[31] On 6 December, he scored his first goal for the club in a 1–0 victory over Chievo.[32] For the majority of the campaign, however, Menez struggled for consistent playing time, rarely lasting an entire match and often starting on the bench for consecutive matches under Luciano Spalletti. On 24 May 2009, he appeared as a substitute in the 75th minute against Milan. After five minutes on the field, Menez scored a goal to put Roma up 2–1. The capital club went on to win the match 3–2.[33] The following week, he started the match and scored a goal in a 3–2 win over Torino.[34] He was later substituted out in the 59th minute.
For the 2009–10 season. Menez switched to the unusual number 94 shirt. He scored against Milan his first goal on 18 October 2009.[35] On 6 January 2010, he drew the ire of new manager Claudio Ranieri and several teammates, who criticized him for his substitute appearance against Cagliari in which he gave a somewhat lackadaisical effort. Following the criticism, Menez stated: “I touched the lowest point of my career in that game away to Cagliari." and “My teammates were right to criticise me.”[36] On 11 January, Menez issued an apology to coach Ranieri and his teammates and brushed off rumors of him issuing a transfer request by declaring himself fully committed to the team. On January 30, midfielder Simone Perrotta stated that Menez simply needed a confidence boost.[37] After appearing as a substitute for four consecutive matches after the Cagliari match, Menez made his first start since December 2009 in a league match against Catania on 21 February. He capped the return by assisting on the game-winning goal scored by Mirko Vučinić.[38] Menez finished the campaign by starting eight of the final ten league matches as Roma finished the season in second place and qualified for the UEFA Champions League.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    He's on his way out of Roma. Zidane's comment

“Menez has class and a certain amount of experience too at this stage of his career”

“I think he’d be a good fit at Juventus.”

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    do the loan option for menez
    I don't like the loan system. We were never like this. A top club and team always loan it's own players to other clubs to gain experience needed not the other way around but loaning players has been our style lately.

Either buy or don't. Loan players are for teams like Parma, Lazio, Sampdoria. You can never have a competitive squad with so many loaned players.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    I saw him live in Rome, damn this guy got speed. Every time he got the ball from the midfield it took three seconds before Roma were all over our defence.

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
    I don't like the loan system. We were never like this. A top club and team always loan it's own players to other clubs to gain experience needed not the other way around but loaning players has been our style lately.

Either buy or don't. Loan players are for teams like Parma, Lazio, Sampdoria. You can never have a competitive squad with so many loaned players.
    but it also a simple form of risk management, when they turn bad just return them...
    anyway i think he would be a good squad player, any idea how much will he cost??

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    I think he's a very good player and unlike some people here I don't think he's a trick pony. He's very fast, got very good technique and he can fit well into our team. Not only that but we could use him on several positions without any problem. CM, AML/AMR, AMC, SS... you name it, he can play there.

In the first part of the season he was Roma's best player but after that they fell apart. It's hard for him IMO because everybody around him are extremely limited player, such as Perotta, Brighi and Taddei. So many times you can see him watch players and then decide to do everything by himself, rightfully so, and he does it great. Only him and Vucinic are the ones who can make a difference in dull Roma's play. He's doing for France too.

With new environment he'd shine I think and I'd like this transfer to happen. Plus he's not expensive either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)