I've got my driving test on Sunday (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm hoping to pass from the first try, altho I'm not holding my breath. I've had 33 lessons, so far, gonna have 6 more. 35 is the minimum by the law, and I took 4 more just in case. My training wasnt easy tho, the city was in complete chaos for two weeks or so, the main streets were being worked on and there were bloody traffic jams everywhere. I once stopped in the middle of a 5 lanes street covering 2 lanes and I had nowhere to move, my nstructor was going mad, cars were trying to go around me, it was madness. Wasnt my fault tho. Almost had a monor accident when 4 cars, including me, were trying to drive in the same lane. Luckily, the the work has finished so I'm hoping I can make it.

Wish me luck :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I failed my first drivers test because I pulled over to the wrong side of the raod when it ended. It was a one lane road in this like parking lot and there was the building over to the left where all the employees worked and there was a big yellow area on the pavement. So I thought that was where you were supposed to drop the lady off. It was dumb and she failed me on the spot. Ah good times...

Anyway my lesson is, pull over to the right at the end.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    Good luck to you! What will be your first car?
    Yep.

++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Good luck to your car... :D

Nah, I'm a pretty careful driver. In fact, my instructor is always telling me to put my foot on the gas, he says I drive like an old woman :D

It's not my fault you have a slow ass car you bloody wanker :fero:

++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    good luck zlatan :thumb:
    Thanks mate, I'm going to need it.

++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    I failed my first drivers test because I pulled over to the wrong side of the raod when it ended. It was a one lane road in this like parking lot and there was the building over to the left where all the employees worked and there was a big yellow area on the pavement. So I thought that was where you were supposed to drop the lady off. It was dumb and she failed me on the spot. Ah good times...

Anyway my lesson is, pull over to the right at the end.

That had to hurt, failing when so close to passing.

Jan 24, 2004
    Good luck Zlatan, I also failed my first test by missing a stop sign which was covered by a tree. furthermore I overtook a truck a bit risky - so that I had to go for second test. but that one was very good :)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    Just a little advice: try to keep a conversation with the expert, try to find his interest and try to be interested, then he will concentrate less on your driving.

Thats the way i passed on the first time. Although i know i drived to fast on a road, he didnt see it because he was swallowed in the conversation.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    goodluck Z

Do you really have a minimum number of driving lessons in your country??

Yeah, you have to past the theory test and then you have to have at least 35 lessons (one lesson is 45 minutes) before you can take the driving test.

Thanks BTW.

++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Just a little advice: try to keep a conversation with the expert, try to find his interest and try to be interested, then he will concentrate less on your driving.

Thats the way i passed on the first time. Although i know i drived to fast on a road, he didnt see it because he was swallowed in the conversation.

You mean suck up as much as possible? :D

Just kinning, I'll have to talk to them. There are 2 of them btw.

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
    I'm gonna have my test soon too! :D
    I'm in my training.... but my mom doesn't wanna go with me to have the test till she sees that I am a good driver...:rolleyes:
    I have had just 5 lessons, and my mom wanna like 100 lessons more lol
    My mom is so nervous and when I go fast with the car she starts to yelling me...

I wanna have my drive licence before I start the school again..

oh, and with the car I almost killed a dog today :dontcare:

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Yeah, you have to past the theory test and then you have to have at least 35 lessons (one lesson is 45 minutes) before you can take the driving test.

Thanks BTW.
    I think here you take how many class you want
    the law doesnt care about it

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    We also have a minimum of 16 lessons (driving)
    And 26 lessons theori.

I was so fortunate that i passed the first time in theori and driving test without buying any lessons.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    You mean suck up as much as possible? :D

Just kinning, I'll have to talk to them. There are 2 of them btw.
    2 of them? Wow, you country have strict rules. How long is a test?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Thanks BTW.
    That must cost a fortune... plus un needed time... glad they dont do that here... or they never did when i took mine anyway... possibly they do now.. have to check

all the best anyway

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    We dont have a minimum of theory lessosn. In fact, you dont need to take any if you dont want, you can learn it yourself if you think thats best.

@Jessica: I havent hit anyone so far, not even close. ;)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++

2 of them? Wow, you country have strict rules. How long is a test?
    Well, first you have to pass a test in their training ground. You have to do "the line" (basically, you drive 20 meters straight, change to 2nd gear and you have to stop exactly in front of the line, them same thing in reverse), parking and and starting with the handbrake on a small hill.

If you pass those, you can go to the second part, driving in the city. it usually takes 20-30 minutes. There are 20 misstakes that fail you immediatly (if you do any one of them), but you can have 11 minors and still pass. If you pass the second part, there's night driving. Basically, all you have to do there is show you know how to turn on the lights and drive a lap or two around the parking lot.

++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

That must cost a fortune... plus un needed time... glad they dont do that here... or they never did when i took mine anyway... possibly they do now.. have to check

all the best anyway

The 35 lessons are 225$, + 7.5$ per an extra class. Plus, you have some fees to apply for the test. All in all, if you pass first time round it will cost you around 350$.

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
    We dont have a minimum of theory lessosn. In fact, you dont need to take any if you dont want, you can learn it yourself if you think thats best.

@Jessica: I havent hit anyone so far, not even close. ;)
    haha thanx god I didn't! but my mom yelling me like:

THE DOG, THE DOG, THE DOG ahhhhhh.... and I had to push the brake so fast... but nothing happened anyway

but in my defense... I DIDN'T SEE THE DOG, the dog was like under the car while i was parking ;)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    Thats a pretty big test.

Here you only need to tell tecnical stuff about the car.
    And drive in 30 min. in the city. But you will fail if you make 1 crucial mistake or a couple of minor mistakes.

We dont have night driving tests, only if your instructer says you need to.

I guess our theori test are alike. 5 mistakes is a maximum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)