I've got my driving test on Sunday (4 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
(the instructor doesnt even go with you!).
:eek:
That's damn easy. Here there's no minimum number of driving lessons you have to take, but you have to practise for at least 50 hours. I didn't pay for any lessons but just went cruising with my dad.

The instructor sits in the car with you and you drive around for about 20 minutes, seeing how you handle intersections, lane changes, reverse parking, three point turns etc. They check a whole heap of stuff like how much you check your blind spots, rear view mirrors :blah:
If you fail any of the two exams just offer some money to whoever is in charge and youre all set :)
That could land you in jail over here :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #42
    I just had two more driving lessons today. Things were great for the first 30-40 minutes, then I started making misstakes... :stress:

You know how when you have to perform on stage in some kind of show, and you fvck up every rehersal but yet somehow you manage to do it all right in the actual show? Well, I'm hoping that will be the case with me... :D

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Good luck, mate! *sends good vibes in Zlatan's direction*

I got both my car and bike licence on my first try. More luck than anything I guess :LOL:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Good luck, and if you fail don't worry I've already failed twice and spent well in excess of £500 on driving :lazy::D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I just had two more driving lessons today. Things were great for the first 30-40 minutes, then I started making misstakes... :stress:

You know how when you have to perform on stage in some kind of show, and you fvck up every rehersal but yet somehow you manage to do it all right in the actual show? Well, I'm hoping that will be the case with me... :D
    Performance anxiety? That is so Zlatan :rolleyes:

Hehe j/k, good luck mate :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Good luck Zlatan!! It will be easier than you expect, or at least that's what my friends said...

btw, I'll have mine in August...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Maybe its easy there because there isnt as much death by dangerous driving. And dont you even meet another car in the test? Why bother even having a test :D
    People here drive the most irresponsible way in the World. It is amazing! when youre driving you have to be careful what others are doing because some people really drive like animals.

I dont know why I bothered doing the test! my mother wanted me to get a licence the legally way instead of paying to get one, but its almost the same

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:eek:
    That's damn easy. Here there's no minimum number of driving lessons you have to take, but you have to practise for at least 50 hours. I didn't pay for any lessons but just went cruising with my dad.

The instructor sits in the car with you and you drive around for about 20 minutes, seeing how you handle intersections, lane changes, reverse parking, three point turns etc. They check a whole heap of stuff like how much you check your blind spots, rear view mirrors :blah:
    Yeah, the test is supposed to be that way here but I guess the authorities cant be bothered to change it...

I guess thats why I dont even know how to park my car, I always have a hard time when I have to park between two cars, on the street, etc.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Yeah, the test is supposed to be that way here but I guess the authorities cant be bothered to change it...

I guess thats why I dont even know how to park my car, I always have a hard time when I have to park between two cars, on the street, etc.
    :shocked: Whooooa, now I know why you want Chavez out so much... :D btw, I saw a document about him (Hugo) the other day, and I can definitely understand why you don't like him...

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    Good luck, mate! *sends good vibes in Zlatan's direction*

I got both my car and bike licence on my first try. More luck than anything I guess :LOL:
    Thanks Sarah :)

++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Good luck, and if you fail don't worry I've already failed twice and spent well in excess of £500 on driving :lazy::D

Yeah, my dad told me the same thing. Anyways, luckily it's cheaper here ;)

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Performance anxiety? That is so Zlatan :rolleyes:

Hehe j/k, good luck mate :D

Thanks mate :)

What kinds of mistakes do you do Z?

First, I didnt stop to let a group of 15 firemen cross the road on the crosswalk, I was going 60 kph in a school zone (where the limitation is 40), I caught the pavement with my right rear wheel when I was turning right, and a few minor misstakes.

++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    good luck mate:)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

:shocked: Whooooa, now I know why you want Chavez out so much... :D btw, I saw a document about him (Hugo) the other day, and I can definitely understand why you don't like him...
    :thumb:

Hopefully he'll be out on Aug 15th!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    It looks like I'll have some help, altho I didnt ask for it.

My instructor mentioned me in front of one of his other students, and the guy said he knew my dad and that he knows me, from when I was a kid. He also said he'd try to help me out a bit, make it easier to pass the test.
    Check this: he's the chief of police :D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #60
    I hope he didnt slap you in a dirty way, if you know what I mean :D

Just kidding mate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)