it's 0:11 now.... (8 Viewers)

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
lol i think what you should start doing is : get her a flower
and keep that tradition of getting her a flower every now and then ..... so it's not really breaking you principles if you do it all the time

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Valentine's day is another one of the many commercial holidays brought to you by the good folks (who should be smothered with honey and dumped in the Artic) from greeting cards, florists and in general all the rest of the money money grubbing s-o-b's living by the line "a sucker is born every minute." Nevermind Christmas which has went from the birth of Christ to being represented by damn eggnog and jolly overweight weirdo's who have a thing for kids and Easter which is one of the most sacred days for some which has been associated with rabbits for God's sake. But with Valentine's Day they simply created a holiday for the eager and feable minded to gobble up like chickens at the hen house come "chow time" and spend their money on more junk (which will either damage our environment/rot and die or end up as lard when it is eaten) in hopes of getting 'some action' from their partner. If that is what it takes to get 'action' from your partner then you have bigger problems than what type of fokin chocolate's to buy or how many roses to buy. The corporate lackeys with harvard MBA's are contributing to this world by figuring out more ways to jack up the credit card bill right after the season "beating" and put the working man in eternal debt.
Excellent post Nick.

Don't even get me started about Santa and all the useless songs they now associate with Christmas :irritate:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i'm single, so valentine's day is not for me :D even if i have a bf, i dont think we'll celebrate it

the only thing i like bout valentine is that the tv channels show gr8 love movies :D

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
i'm single, so valentine's day is not for me :D even if i have a bf, i dont think we'll celebrate it

the only thing i like bout valentine is that the tv channels show gr8 love movies :D
i am single too...so what?

valentine's day is for ppl who are in love...and i am definitelly in love! :heart:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

i am single too...so what?

valentine's day is for ppl who are in love...and i am definitelly in love! :heart:
Its for people who are not busy and like to spend money to distract themselves from more important things and issues in life. If you are in love a day labeled "Valentine's Day" will not dictate what day you should extra special to your partner. If you are in love every day will be special.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Truer words were never spoken, Nick, my friend.

That being said, I had a dozen Red and White roses delivered to my wife's work this morning. If only to make the Hags that se unfortunately has to work with extremely jealous.

It's a small price to pay for the cause.:D

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
I thought about sending roses to the 'unbelievably' hot woman who lives in my building but then thought: its not as big of a deal here as in North America (valentine's day)...better ways to get her in bed (hey I'm honest..no beating around the bush here...if married life was what I wanted I would have stayed in NY) AND she is a Juventina so I have to re-consider.

But I could appreciate your gesture Sergio.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I figured that you would, Nick.:D

So she's hot, but she's a Juventina.

Why on God's green earth are you letting her football affiliation get in the way of her supposed hotness??

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Valentine's day is another one of the many commercial holidays brought to you by the good folks (who should be smothered with honey and dumped in the Artic) from greeting cards, florists and in general all the rest of the money money grubbing s-o-b's living by the line "a sucker is born every minute." Nevermind Christmas which has went from the birth of Christ to being represented by damn eggnog and jolly overweight weirdo's who have a thing for kids and Easter which is one of the most sacred days for some which has been associated with rabbits for God's sake. But with Valentine's Day they simply created a holiday for the eager and feable minded to gobble up like chickens at the hen house come "chow time" and spend their money on more junk (which will either damage our environment/rot and die or end up as lard when it is eaten) in hopes of getting 'some action' from their partner. If that is what it takes to get 'action' from your partner then you have bigger problems than what type of fokin chocolate's to buy or how many roses to buy. The corporate lackeys with harvard MBA's are contributing to this world by figuring out more ways to jack up the credit card bill right after the season "beating" and put the working man in eternal debt.
I agree with you so much Ill repeat what you said:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
Truer words were never spoken, Nick, my friend.

That being said, I had a dozen Red and White roses delivered to my wife's work this morning. If only to make the Hags that se unfortunately has to work with extremely jealous.

It's a small price to pay for the cause.:D
well...
valentine's day...exept of the shops that want to have soem extra sellings those days....
i don't see why is sooooo wrong to celebrate this day....

of caurse...i don't say be in love only today or whatever...
but ti's sweet to have a special day to celebrate your love,
as you celebrate your birthday,or your nameday,or anything....
i don't understand why some ppl "attack" this day sooo much and also "attack" those who celebrate it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)