it's 0:11 now.... (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
valentine's day is overrated, not st. valentine himself. ffs, hes a priest who was killed because of his beliefs. i doubt he came up with the idea of selling tons of chocolates and postcards on this day.
Oh really? I didn't know he was a priest! I thought he was some kind of entertainer or something :)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
Im sure if a pretty girl asked you to be her valentine you wouldnt say that.
What pretty girls can make us do, and what constitutes a proper holiday, are quite different things!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
You need to keep 'em guessing Bessie. Give 'em hot then give 'em cold, turn it on, then turn it off. Hot and cold baby, hot and cold.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
one more valentine's day that i am spending it all by myself.

actually this year,i did smg i have never done before.
usually,at that day i am going to every shop that sells all those red-valentine stuff and then i was going home and i was getting all miserable and pathetic that i was alone,eating chocolates and listening to the most sad songs ever.

this year,i pretended like NOTHING was happening(actually i totally forgot it was valentine's today....)
i went to school,got my very well degrees,
got back home,slept a couple of hours because i am still sick,
went to my lesson,
i didn't stare at ANY stupid red shop,
got back home
watched a non-romantic movie with my sick mom
i am visitng the forum now,
then i'll go read my da vinci code book,
and then go to sleep.

well,i may get a little miserable for being one more year of my life single,but.....i am still hoping for the best :D

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD A BETTER DAY THAN ME.... :kiss:

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
one more valentine's day that i am spending it all by myself.

actually this year,i did smg i have never done before.
usually,at that day i am going to every shop that sells all those red-valentine stuff and then i was going home and i was getting all miserable and pathetic that i was alone,eating chocolates and listening to the most sad songs ever.

this year,i pretended like NOTHING was happening(actually i totally forgot it was valentine's today....)
i went to school,got my very well degrees,
got back home,slept a couple of hours because i am still sick,
went to my lesson,
i didn't stare at ANY stupid red shop,
got back home
watched a non-romantic movie with my sick mom
i am visitng the forum now,
then i'll go read my da vinci code book,
and then go to sleep.

well,i may get a little miserable for being one more year of my life single,but.....i am still hoping for the best :D

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAD A BETTER DAY THAN ME.... :kiss:
That Bad:frown:

Why you didn't tell me before I would be your valantino :flirt:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I saw the subject line and had to do a double-take. I thought we were playing Atalanta again in the Coppa Italia. :sigh:

As for Valentine's Day? Happy one, all. But talk about a greeting card company marketing department manufactured holiday. Here's one of the areas I have enormous respect for my wife, because she completely agrees with me on this.

For anyone who does have any sort of significant other in their life, a date celebrating your romantic affairs is a personal thing. It's about the two of you, between the two of you. It's not about the two of you and 6+ billion other people who are out milling about for the same purpose at the same time. I particularly couldn't make sense of this all when I tried to land a restaurant reservation in this restaurant-crazy town last week -- they were booked up with price-gouging Valentine's specials like it was New Years Eve or something.

But at least with New Years Eve, at least part of the plan is to be out and socialize with millions of others in a shared communal experience. To make Valentine's Day -- a day to celebrate your romantic affection for someone -- something that widely communal makes the whole construct feel more like a Moonie wedding.

And there's nothing that says "romance" and "you're special" quite as much as having 6 billion other people join you in your special bond with that special someone. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)