Italy VS Slovenia (2 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Well it's not really funny, it's actually pretty sad! US are trying to "stop" violence all over the world, well they might as well start on the next corner!

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
i couldn't find a better smiley, that isn't really the one I was looking for.

And you're right, I think as long as Bush is president there won't be a limit to guns in the states.
It's kinda sad to see that a lot of the good stuff that Clinton tried to build up (Kyoto climate deal, gun restrictions etc) are being destroyed by this guy who's become so dependent on corporate interests that he sometimes has a hard time looking out for the interests of people.

This is not to say that I'm against everything that the U.S is doing around the world, I agree with parts of it, there's just parts that are a bit weird. Mostly I'm in a disagreement where enviromental issues comes to mind - not that I'm a greenpeace member or anything. but this is becomming political so I should stop.

stop...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
As much as I would like to comment on that I'll rather not, like you said, it's becoming political and not appropriate for this forum :)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Vinni, why not just arrest them? :confused:
Your right, they get arrested after their apprehended.

I guess you guys dont realize what crazy people we have here in the states.

There is only 1 reason anyone would go onto a playing field here - and thats for trouble !!!

I dont believe in hurting people for no reason, but there are many fanatics here who would love to hurt our pro athletes, so they must be dealt with.

They should check everyone at the gate for weapons- but that still does not make it impossible to prevent someone from sneaking it in.

And Sivorni, lets keep politics out of it. Clinton is also the same guy who had the chance to terminate Bin Laden a few years ago, knowing exactly where he was at a given time, but chose not to. You can partially blame him for the tragic Sept. 11

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Nina, I like you and think your a nice person !!!

I respect your opinions, and I really dont want to come off as a bully, or a glutton for violence.

I dont want you, or anyone else to misunderstand. We live in 2 different worlds, where I live(and work) is a pretty violent area. When I see people do crazy things, you tend to think the worst, or that the worst is going to happen. Unfortunately, this is what the job can do to you.

Seeing someone on the playing field who doesnt belong makes me think they are going to do something awful, especially in this day and age.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Vin, I read that issue of TIME too, and I don't think it was his fault. I don't blame any american for what happened on 9/11 as I don't think that too many people could grasp, many still can't, what would happen.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Your right, they get arrested after their apprehended.

I guess you guys dont realize what crazy people we have here in the states.

There is only 1 reason anyone would go onto a playing field here - and thats for trouble !!!

I dont believe in hurting people for no reason, but there are many fanatics here who would love to hurt our pro athletes, so they must be dealt with.

They should check everyone at the gate for weapons- but that still does not make it impossible to prevent someone from sneaking it in.
Yeah that's what I mean, once they get them under control, cuff em or whatever it is that they do and take them away. No need to pound on them after they got hold of the situation.

Of course before they manage to get it under control I can understand there can be a struggle of some sort, you never know if they have a gun or a knife or something. Hopefully not excessive violence though.

Not that I know what happened in the Slovenia game, I just got the impression they took the liberty of beating that guy up for the sake of little else, I'm sure several cops would manage to control him more "peacefully".

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Yes they could, but they didn't. That's why the italian parliament is looking over this whole matter now. Not because there was a complain from our side, some italian organizations didn't like the way the police behave as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)