Italy vs France, Euro 2000 Final, Full match (1 Viewer)

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
I moved on after 2006 final, and to be honest the French team in 2000 was almost perfect, although Italy played much better
No Italy didn't. France was playing very well. Italy should have already lost in the semifinals if it wasn't for some luck they don't deserve. The Azzurri of 2000 was one of the most coward football I've seen. Most stupid cut-a-nacho strategy by Dino Zoff. They were exactly the way England did against France in euro2004 groupstage after they've scored a goal.

Raj_05

Feb 19, 2008
No Italy didn't. France was playing very well. Italy should have already lost in the semifinals if it wasn't for some luck they don't deserve. The Azzurri of 2000 was one of the most coward football I've seen. Most stupid cut-a-nacho strategy by Dino Zoff. They were exactly the way England did against France in euro2004 groupstage after they've scored a goal.
Wow a back 4 of Maldini + Fabio + Nesta + Zambrotta ; a midfield of Di Livio + Totti and a strike partnership of Alex and Delvecchio and Montella (at that time in top form) wasn't good enuff ????

I felt France had their fair share of luck they didn't deserve.... We deserved to win it.... We were awesome.... Yes we did play a bit defensive but France better than Italy ??? Fuckin' ridiculous analysis !!! :angry2:

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Wow a back 4 of Maldini + Fabio + Nesta + Zambrotta ; a midfield of Di Livio + Totti and a strike partnership of Alex and Delvecchio and Montella (at that time in top form) wasn't good enuff ????

I felt France had their fair share of luck they didn't deserve.... We deserved to win it.... We were awesome.... Yes we did play a bit defensive but France better than Italy ??? Fuckin' ridiculous analysis !!! :angry2:
ooh WOW.........
Number one, fine our defense is better than France. Totti never excelled. Di Livio was shaky. Delvecchio and Montella literally isn't that good at all. And to be honest, even Alex was wasting tonnes of chances away. Basically if you say a team deserve to win because of a squad's reputation, thats bullshit.
Euro 2004.
Buffon, Panucci, Nesta, Canna, Zambro, Zanetti, Perrotta, Camo, Totti, DP and Vieri.
Doesnt that look superb? And guess what? They all played like kids and didn't even qualify through the groupstage.
And perhaps you are ignorant enough to not realise that France has even better names.
Barthez was at his best those days if you have forgotten and based your analysis on his days in Man Utd.
Lizarazu, Desaily, Thuram, Blanc. Each one of them are top class. Yea, Italian defenders are better but you cant deny these defenders are also one of the best.
Their midfielders are Vieira, Djorkaeff, Zidane and Deschamps. Those nominated for FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon D'Or . They gel and play well for their country unlike the Italian midfield. World Cup winners if you've forgotten how they shocked the world with their performances in 98.
Besides Henry, Christophe Dugarry was one of the best center forwards during his time. Not to forget the depth of the squad France had. Wiltord, Pires, Trezeguet, Anelka, Petit or have you forgotten how they were in their younger days.

Just because you support Italy doesn't mean you have to discard the abilities of these Frenchies. The amount of stars be it old or young ones, they keep coming whether you like it or not. Thus comparing squads, France was definitely the stronger one in the reputation sense. But that's not football at all. Its not about the squad. Its the tactics. And Italy got it wrong in the end. And thats that. You gotta face it.

AC Milan played better than Liverpool in the CL 2005 but Liverpool won.
Liverpool played better than AC Milan in the CL 2007 but Milan won.
Italy played better than France in Euro2000 Finals and lost.
But then again, Netherlands already played better than Italy in the semis and they've lost too.
That's football for you mate :pint:

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Then again, you guys thought Italy played the better game. I didn't. France made great substitution which proved effective. Italy didnt change their tactics and still went defensive. Their luck ran out during the semis

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Well for me the thing is, i was 11 at 1998, and 1994 was the first time i knew football [almost cried with baggio's lost penalty :( ] but then all of the suddent a "French" team came out, and defeated Brazil THREE-ZERO in the final, it was unbelievable, then again they had unbelievable luck in Euro 2000, i can't stand teams with such good luck, specially that Italy -as mentioned before- had such an awesome team, i mean back then Henry was nothing, Trezeguet was still not as good as he got later, there was only Zidane and Dechamps [that i can remember] but Italy had the best players of the world man! they had Vieri, Alex, Inzaghi [was f*** good back then] Zanetti, Totti, MALDINI, Toldo..
come on man, italy totally was better in 2000

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
See? You too are talking in the sense of players. You cant judge it like that. So what if you're right and that Italy had a better squad. If you have a stupid coach who plays a lone striker. Literally 5 defenders with such a deep Di Biagio. You're screwed. Zoff was a coward. Vieri wasn't called up and Inzaghi is an egoistic player. In the final he chose instead a Delvecchio who hasn't scored till that final itself. Which perhaps was the one thing he had right.
Its not about only getting the tactics right at the beginning. Its a constantly moving game, a slight change of tactics can change the game and even if you have the best players in the world in your squad, you still might lose to a stupid team if you're playing something as nonsense as Zoff.

That night was a victory for Attacking Football
If you wanna play a defensive counter attack game, play it right. Lippi did when he coached Italy. Zoff basically left all his player in his penalty box and a striker luring around waiting a long pass from a defender's clearance. And that's stupid.

Raj_05

Feb 19, 2008
Barthez was at his best those days if you have forgotten and based your analysis on his days in Man Utd.
Lizarazu, Desaily, Thuram, Blanc. Each one of them are top class. Yea, Italian defenders are better but you cant deny these defenders are also one of the best.
Their midfielders are Vieira, Djorkaeff, Zidane and Deschamps. Those nominated for FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon D'Or . They gel and play well for their country unlike the Italian midfield. World Cup winners if you've forgotten how they shocked the world with their performances in 98.
Besides Henry, Christophe Dugarry was one of the best center forwards during his time. Not to forget the depth of the squad France had. Wiltord, Pires, Trezeguet, Anelka, Petit or have you forgotten how they were in their younger days.
Barthez what ??? That piece of shit was always lucky.... Have u seen his mistakes (not talking post Euro 2000 either).... He once let a guy (from the right wing) score when a cross grazing the ground went thru his 10 km wide asss.... The fuckin' moron flipped his fans at his home ground (in France and more importantly in Manchester for Man U).... Great GK btw....

That u mention the French defenders even in the same breath as the Italian maestros shows how retardedly ridiculous ur outlook towards soccer is.... This defence was probably only bettered by the defence Azzurri had in 1982, Scirea + Baresi + Gentile et. al....

Henry was bullcrap pre-2000 ; Dugarry the who what ??? Wiltord, Pires, Trezeguet, Anelka, Petit, really ??? Are u that tunnel-visioned ??? Look at what Italy had and then compare that and don't tell me u think Totti @@ €uro 2000 was less than all these clowns put together....

The fact is that France was fuckin' lucky.... That's it....

Italy played with talent + passion + heart.... Toldo got a cut above his eye and a bleeding forhead for his passionate display....

Italy was better than France in 2000 ; yet France fuckin' won....
Juve was 10 times better than Milan in 2003, yet Milan won.....

Please never analyze anything anymore..... You make a point then u contradict urself....

Raj_05

Feb 19, 2008
But then again, Netherlands already played better than Italy in the semis and they've lost too.
How did the Dutch play better than us ??? Are u crazy ??? They had a man extra for like one half ; they had 2 fuckin' penalties saved in normal time, they missed 3 penalties in the shoot-out.... Just because they were at home means they played better ??? Wow did u fall on ur head ???:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)