Italy U21's vs. Spain (1 Viewer)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Very tough playoff for the Azzurrini against Spain for the UEFA U21 Championships.

October 6: Italy vs. Spain - played in Modena
October 10: Spain vs. Italy - played in Palencia

Winner qualifies for the final tournament that takes place in the Netherlands in June 2007.

Casiraghi's squad...

Keepers: Curci(Roma), Viviano(Brescia)

Defenders: Andreolli(Inter), Chiellini(Juventus), Coda(Udinese), Mantovani(Chievo), Pisano(Cagliari), Potenza(Fiorentina), Scurto(Chievo)

Midfielders: Aquilani(Roma), Cigarini(Parma), Dessena(Parma), Lazzari(Cesena), Montolivo(Fiorentina), Nocerino(Piacenza), Padoin(Vicenza), Rosi(Parma), Rosina(Torino)

Forwards: Palladino(Juventus), Pelle(Cesena), Pozzi(Empoli), Rossi(Newcastle United)

Buy on AliExpress.com

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Casiraghi fears Spanish test

Italian Under-21 boss Pierluigi Casiraghi has warned his boys against making any mistakes in the European Championship play-off matches against Spain.

“This double encounter seems interesting under all points of view,” said the tactician in view of Friday’s first leg match in Modena.

But the fact remains that it’s a pity to meet them right now and not in the final phase of the tournament.

“Spain are a very strong side and all their players star for important clubs. We are determined to do well and we know that we cannot afford to make any mistakes,”
continued the former Lazio man.

“This match feels like a sort of derby and I know what it’s like to play in those kind of games.

“Spain and Italy have always done very well with their U-21 teams and I think we have the same chances of qualifying.”

Casiraghi, who replaced Claudio Gentile on the bench in August, also called on the fans to turn out in force for his Azzurrini youngsters.

“I hope there will be a big attendance,” said the former Juventus and Chelsea man. “I am counting on the Modena fans to cheer us on in this difficult match.”The second leg against Spain will be played on October 10 at the Nueva Balestera Stadium in Palencia.

The winners will qualify for the final phase of the tournament, which will take place from June 10 to June 23 in the Netherlands. The hosts have already qualified.

channel4

beto'92

Jul 20, 2006
Its good that Chielinni amd Palladino are respresenting italy in u21. This will boost their confidence and is a great experience. Very soon i hop to see Palladino scoring for the Azzuri.

Forza Pallandino and Chiellini

xchloe007x

Jan 31, 2006
As much as I want both Chiellini and Palladino to preform well, I'll still be cheering on my fellow spaniards =D

Vamo' España!!!

PS Look out for Puerta, Barragan, Albiol, Pique, De al Red, and Soldado

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
xchloe007x said:
As much as I want both Chiellini and Palladino to preform well, I'll still be cheering on my fellow spaniards =D

Vamo' España!!!

PS Look out for Puerta, Barragan, Albiol, Pique, De al Red, and Soldado
de la red is good.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
danielão said:
Very tough playoff for the Azzurrini against Spain for the UEFA U21 Championships.

October 6: Italy vs. Spain - played in Modena
October 10: Spain vs. Italy - played in Palencia

Winner qualifies for the final tournament that takes place in the Netherlands in June 2007.

Casiraghi's squad...

Keepers: Curci(Roma), Viviano(Brescia)

Defenders: Andreolli(Inter), Chiellini(Juventus), Coda(Udinese), Mantovani(Chievo), Pisano(Cagliari), Potenza(Fiorentina), Scurto(Chievo)

Midfielders: Aquilani(Roma), Cigarini(Parma), Dessena(Parma), Lazzari(Cesena), Montolivo(Fiorentina), Nocerino(Piacenza), Padoin(Vicenza), Rosi(Parma), Rosina(Torino)

Forwards: Palladino(Juventus), Pelle(Cesena), Pozzi(Empoli), Rossi(Newcastle United)

We should get those players... ?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Italy won 2-1 both Palladino and Chiellini played and Chiellini scored one of the goals. wich media say was a great goal.

Also Chiellini was the captain of the team.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Espectro said:
Italy won 2-1 both Palladino and Chiellini played and Chiellini scored one of the goals. wich media say was a great goal.

Also Chiellini was the captain of the team.
Great goal! I saw it...It was from the outside of the big area.

Actually both goals from the Azurri were beautiful. Specially the second one (Montolivo). I'll try to look for them

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
mark83 said:
We should get those players... ?
Besides Chielli and Pala...I would love to have Aquilani and Montolivo.

Curci is a great GK! I wouldn't mind if he is ment to be Buffon's substitute in case he dicide to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)