Italy-Stadium projects and developments (3 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
It strikes me that Italian teams are building their stadiums for significantly less money then EPL teams, while having simular seating capacity and business seates/loges
Seems logical imo.
Overall Italy is a poor country. Workers will earn the half the wages and leasing the soil in Rome/Torino/Milan might be significantly cheaper than in London/Manchester/Liverpool which host like 10 EPL clubs. Moreover Italy will probably go easy on some security requirements and other quality aspects.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
As in looking incomplete or just plain looking bad?
Mostly incomplete, half the seats were closed off for example. But nothing would indicate that would look bad, though I'm certainly not that experienced with construction sites to really know the difference if that was the case :D

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Yes but we are talking 300-400mil for a 40-50k seater, whereas in engeland, the price is at least tripple

Wage difference isnt THAT much
You have to buy the location. Wembley and Emirates are in London so the price of land is ridiculous.

On top of that prices for everything are higher in England, not just wages. That goes for supplies, materials and everything else.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #706
    Seems logical imo.
    Overall Italy is a poor country. Workers will earn the half the wages and leasing the soil in Rome/Torino/Milan might be significantly cheaper than in London/Manchester/Liverpool which host like 10 EPL clubs. Moreover Italy will probably go easy on some security requirements and other quality aspects.
    That's because they're being paid a sizeable portion of their salaries under the table, like a lot of people do in Italy.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    That's because they're being paid a sizeable portion of their salaries under the table, like a lot of people do in Italy.
    No mate cause we have a 56% taxing on our wages.
    Still in student mode but i can make a example of my mother. Pubblic worker earns 1300€ per month as net income x 13 months (in Italy you get double income for Christmas) while her gross income is around 2k.

The rest missing goes for health insurance (there is no private insurance in Italy so whenever you go to a hospital it's free or almost)

The under the table thing is more on companies and so on as they are asked 70% of what they earn. I mean woudn't you try whatever to avoid that?? the gove thing 2/3 of what you earnt it's mad, crazy!

OP
    Trequartista
    Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #710
    Still in student mode but i can make a example of my mother. Pubblic worker earns 1300€ per month as net income x 13 months (in Italy you get double income for Christmas) while her gross income is around 2k.

The rest missing goes for health insurance (there is no private insurance in Italy so whenever you go to a hospital it's free or almost)

The under the table thing is more on companies and so on as they are asked 70% of what they earn. I mean woudn't you try whatever to avoid that?? the gove thing 2/3 of what you earnt it's mad, crazy!
    Oh I definitely would, you guys are way overtaxed.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    How is that 56% tax?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    AS Roma’s stadium development schedule continues to advance towards an official ground breaking on the new Stadio della Roma project in 2015 with the news this week that geotechnical surveys are underway on the construction site.

A team of experts from Geores, one of Italy’s leading companies in the geotechnical space, arrived at the Tor di Valle site this week to begin drilling into the subsoil upon which the new stadium and business park, led by Euronova, will be built.

The work, essential practice on construction projects of this size, is likely to continue on site for the next three weeks and demonstrates clear progress being made on one of the football world’s most highly-anticipated new stadium developments.

“Understanding the subsoil is absolutely indispensable for the realisation of a civil engineering project as big as a stadium,” insists Claudio Vercelli, Director General of Geores. “It’s important because understanding the subsoil means understanding the characteristics of the site where the construction will be built. On the basis of the characteristics that we’re establishing through the initial drilling, the correct parameters will be given to the structural engineers tasked with setting the design and dimensions of the build – in this case, the structure that will support the stadium.

“It will take us just over thirty days to do the probing. The surveys are very accurate and need to be carried out deep underground to be able to properly understand the characteristics of the subsoil. After that, we’ll move to a laboratory.

“We’re expecting to find earth that is very suitable for the construction of a stadium. We know the earth here as we’ve already carried out surveys on this site and on nearby sites in recent years, so we’re already aware of the geological and geotechnical characteristics. Our task here is to obtain data to be used in calculations when setting the dimensions of the structures. In simple terms, we're preparing a technical data sheet to expand on the data we already possess, which tells us that the soil is suitable for the construction of the stadium.

“I’ve seen the architectural plans for the stadium. It will be a great stadium, both from an aesthetic point of view and in terms of its functionality. It won’t just be a stadium either - around the facility itself there will be other buildings serving various purposes.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)