Italy-Stadium projects and developments (1 Viewer)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Worth mentioning that there is an area directly next to San Siro that Milan and Inter are apparently in the process of purchasing (according to GdS), to develop it with shops and bars. Offer of €30m to the company that owns it.

why don't they just re-merge their pathetic excuses of a club and see if they can at least appear to be competing with Juve.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Installed under-pitch heating and brought the advertisement boards closer to the pitch?
That is basically it so far, yeah. They moved the pitch closer to the main stand and now they will play their matches at home instead of Trieste. They plan to demolish the other three stands and rebuild them in "English style" (no running track), but I am not sure when.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Pallotta: 'New Roma stadium soon'

Roma President James Pallotta said a stadium announcement will be made soon, while selling Erik Lamela and Marquinhos was a good deal.

The Boston-based patron spoke at a panel for the Bloomberg Link Sports Business Summit in New York.

“We made an effort to strengthen a couple positions, but also get some veterans. Last year we bought a 17 year old player from Brazil for $3m and we sold him to PSG for $30m-something one year later and ploughed that back into three or four players including (Kevin) Strootman who is the captain of the Dutch team, for much less money.

“While Tottenham sold their player for €100m, then we sold a player named Lamela who is 21 years old for €35m the other day.”

Pallotta also confirmed work on building a new stadium for the Giallorossi is progressing very well.

“We have been working for 18 months in building our stadium in Rome. We currently play in the Olympic Stadium which was built in the early 60s.

“It’s 80,000 people at the end of the day and you’re not on the pitch because you have a track around it, so it’s not the best fan experience.

“We’re about to build a new stadium with 60,000 people in three years, we’ll have some big announcements in the next couple of months, Nike will build a superstore, we’ll build a Hall of Fame. The cost? I don’t want to say it…”

thepaolocarmine

FINO ALLA FINE.
Apr 14, 2010
Pallotta: 'New Roma stadium soon'
“We’re about to build a new stadium with 60,000 people in three years, we’ll have some big announcements in the next couple of months, Nike will build a superstore, we’ll build a Hall of Fame. The cost? I don’t want to say it…”
60,000 in 3 years. Roma had a 40,000 average attendance for the 2012/13 season. :shifty:

Apr 12, 2004
Are you advising they go smaller, like Juve?

- - - Updated - - -

why don't they just re-merge their pathetic excuses of a club and see if they can at least appear to be competing with Juve.
I would suggest you define competition.

If you mean on the field, Milan has you hands down recently. I define recently as ~10 years. Juve are great, I'm not discounting that, but Juve are a great team in a city where they could not fill their stadium, and Inter and Milan have how many Scudetti, and how many CL Titles in those same 10 years?

Be careful when throwing stones in a glass house.

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm saying is don't be short-sighted. Most businesses, and football sure is a business, look at a GREAT five-year circulatory system, and achieve a ten-year.

Case-in-point, Juve, Bayern, and Dortmund. Every year they want to win everything, who wouldn't, but Milan and Juve were off-the-chain from about 2004 to 2008. Bayern and Dortmund were damn great from 1996 through 2002.

There is about a ten-year rotation on clubs. If you wonder why, look at wage, club attendance, generational gaps, and player age. If you would like me to go deeper into these, please ask...

Bayern will be amazing for two or three more years, then we will rebuild for five years. Juve are on the upswing, but you are at least three or four years from stringing together the type of play, charisma, and team chemistry which will see you where a lot of you THINK you are.

Juve, CL winners 2017, calling it.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
ßöмßäяðîëя;4298909 said:
Are you advising they go smaller, like Juve?

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest you define competition.

If you mean on the field, Milan has you hands down recently. I define recently as ~10 years. Juve are great, I'm not discounting that, but Juve are a great team in a city where they could not fill their stadium, and Inter and Milan have how many Scudetti, and how many CL Titles in those same 10 years?

Be careful when throwing stones in a glass house.

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm saying is don't be short-sighted. Most businesses, and football sure is a business, look at a GREAT five-year circulatory system, and achieve a ten-year.

Case-in-point, Juve, Bayern, and Dortmund. Every year they want to win everything, who wouldn't, but Milan and Juve were off-the-chain from about 2004 to 2008. Bayern and Dortmund were damn great from 1996 through 2002.

There is about a ten-year rotation on clubs. If you wonder why, look at wage, club attendance, generational gaps, and player age. If you would like me to go deeper into these, please ask...

Bayern will be amazing for two or three more years, then we will rebuild for five years. Juve are on the upswing, but you are at least three or four years from stringing together the type of play, charisma, and team chemistry which will see you where a lot of you THINK you are.

Juve, CL winners 2017, calling it.
You say this but we were relegated and lost our best players to our rivals, Inter Milan can only win when the F.I.G.C hands them titles. AC Milan were ahead of us in Europe but we dominated the league. Inter still wouldn't have won a league title if we weren't treated unfairly.

Apr 12, 2004
Okay, live life in the windscreen, not in the rear-view mirror.

Do I think you guys fucked up, yes, do I think you fucked up bad enough to warrant the punishment handed down? No.

None of what I just said matters. Go out there, put your studs in the ground, settle the ball, play a pass, and run into space. DO NOT sit here and use what happened four years ago as either an excuse or a reason, because it's a double-edged sword.

If I were to say, "Hey, you guys got rolled, you got fucked, and shit, you are doing a damn fine job after getting screwed over, wow..." Your retort should not be that of acceptance, you should scorn me for trying to make an excuse for you.

If your club is as big as you say, don't give me that shit, give me, "Yea, but..." That's what I want, I want HEY BURKE, we were in Serie B, we sucked for a bit, but guess what, WE'RE BACK, and we are not going to stop clawing, and inching, and scratching our way back until we get back to where we were.

Don't be a victim, be angry, and sometimes, you have to get mean, just downright MAD DOG MEAN, and go out there and get the first tackle, the first foul, the first card, and the first goal.

SO GO GET THE FUCKING FIRST GOAL, and stop whining about the past, that, my friend, is something you can't control. Focus on what you can control. If you fail to live forward, you're bound to die in the past.

Apr 12, 2004
Meh, a city like Rome is too divided culturally, not in football, but in everything else. There are too many options. In many places which have high population centers and hubs of activity, it's too hard to decide to go to football, a coffee shoppe, or play with your dick as faux robot on the streets making dimes.

That's why football is big in Milan, Turin, and Dortmund, and not in Rome, Munich, or Paris.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)