Italy-Stadium projects and developments (3 Viewers)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
If Udinese were properly managed, they could have been better than Napoli.
How are they not properly managed?

If anything, they are one of the better run clubs in Italy. They've formulated a long term plan years ago that entailed keeping finances tight, developing young players and sell them and foster relations with the council.

This looks to result in an actual, realistic stadium development that they will reap the benefits from for years to come.

And before you yap about Napoli: Udine's urban area holds roughly 180K people and Naples' holds roughly 3.5M.

If anything, Udinese has done remarkably well during the last couple of years and - should they get their new stadium - are set to do even better.

Jul 2, 2006
If they were focused success instead of selling all of worthy players in order the building restaurants around stadium, they could have easily second strongest squad in the league. I don't see what is so difficult to understand here. Problem about them is they are ok with failure.

Handanovic

Zapata - Benatia - Lukovic

Isla - Asamoah - G. Inler - Candreva - Armero

A. Sanchez - Di Natale​

Domizzi
Basta
Badu
Pinzi
Lazzari
Muriel

Jul 2, 2006
If Udinese were properly managed, they could have been better than Napoli.
Yes they could have a better team, but this still doesn't prove they'd become a better and more well known/worldwide team brand than Napoli.
Where did you read that in my post? I don't believe in napoli's so called brand name though. They are a temporary trend.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
I don't see what is so difficult to understand here.
That might be because you have the mental fortitude of a 5 year old. I'll humour you, though, and will take it slow.

1. Udinese is not and never will be a top club.

Why? Because it's a city of like 170K in Northern Italy surrounded by massive teams from large cities. End of.

So what does that mean?
a.) They will never be able to hold onto top/very good players if very large teams come at them. Plain and simple. So posting some fantasy lineup means absolutely nothing. Barca, Inter, Juve, Lazio and Napoli are all bigger clubs that can offer those players more glory and more money. Selling players is nothing new.
b.) They have to come up with a model that gets the most out of their means and potential - not just right now but in 10 years time. Yes, that's a novel concept in Italy, I grant you. A new stadium, in part financed by sales mentioned in a.), will be the foundation for that model.

2. Success is relative. For a club like Juve, success means winning the scudetto and competing in the CL. For a club like Udinese it means staying between mid table and european spots. They are doing that consistently these days and increased revenue from 3. will make competing for European spots the norm.

3. Owning your own full service modern stadium is a pretty fucking big deal in Italy. Not only when it comes to status but mostly finances. If they pull this off they will start milking the maximum out of their tiny catchment area. We build restaurants and hotels around our stadium too - welcome to the future.

I hope this clears it up for for you.

Jul 2, 2006
I hope this clears it up for for you.
Yes, i started to respect their decision of being losers. It's such great strategy to manage the club like a shop focused on revenue then getting rid of half of the squad just before CL qualifications. They didn't even try to participate in CL, that's the pinnacle of lacking vision. I am ok with owning the stadium and building restaurants around but not in expense years of misery on pitch.

May 22, 2007
Worth mentioning that there is an area directly next to San Siro that Milan and Inter are apparently in the process of purchasing (according to GdS), to develop it with shops and bars. Offer of €30m to the company that owns it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)